Ninjala Exclusive Ninja Club Beta Test (May 31)

A bit surprised that there wasn't a topic about this. Anyway, there is a beta test for Ninjala taking place on the 28th. You can download the test now since it'll have specific play times like Splatoon did.

logo_en_pc.png

title-pc_en.png

Time (Pacific/Mountain/Central/Eastern):

May 31: 12-9:59pm PDT/ 1-10:59pm MDT/ 2-11:59pm CDT/ 3-12:59pm EDT

It was announced a year ago, slid under the radar and came back with more details and a June 24th release date. It'll be free-to-play.

This Year's Announcement trailer:

Gameplay:

Spoiler

CG Short:

Spoiler

The art style reminds me of Splatoon. Will anyone be playing the beta? I plan on playing in the 2nd session since I'll be on the way home by the time the 1st one ends. Thinking of streaming it on Twitch.

Edited by TKrazyO

I tried to get in for the 3pm session. I have yes to agreements twice, chose a character and was in a lobby for a match at 3:09pm. There were 5 of the 8 folks needed to play. Instead of waiting the lobby for player you can practice your moves in a arena, (similar after you choose your character but before you go to the lobby) it was there for like 2 minutes and it timed out saying no opponents found. Since then, I've been trying to get back to the lobby and I can't get pass the free match screen, getting error and as of 6 minutes ago they say the session is not open despite it going to 3:59pm. It was message and in it they also say the times may subject to change, that's what has to be happening because they are getting hampered right now and some player can't get in to play a match.

@TKrazyO: For the 2nd session, PB and I will be playing Ultimate beyond midnight.

Edited by DLurkster

@DLurkster That sucks! Seems similar to how it went for me with the first Splatoon. Though at the end I was able to get a couple matches in.

I plan on playing in the 2nd session. Since you guys will be playing Smash I'll join you for that hour before hopping onto Ninjala. I'll be streaming it only on Twitch if anyone would like to watch that and get an idea of what the game is.

GL Krazy getting in at 11pm, problem will have better luck if not a lot of players are on at that time. The next session is pretty early as well could be a good time for me but I don't wake up that early anymore.

As for the the errors, I have facing at 3pm, they shutdown the session early for maintenance as the error message lead me to think. I looked it up on their twitter and they apologized of course. Most are happy they did that some are and are asking for extension on the session.

But I and most think that if the error is cause by overload of players that's a good thing not that anyone can anticipate how players in beta, hopefully you get through at 11pm.

Also, when Splatoon came out with the beta I do not recall I didn't make it thru. I played some matches like there may of been once or twice I got error connecting but that was five years ago and I don't remember all too well.

I'm honestly disappointed that I wasn't able to get into a match. I did some offline training but didn't feel like waking up at 7 to "try" to join the 3rd session. Was going to make a video on the matches and stream the session but I guess I'll have to wait until they release the game. The whole thing reminded me of Splatoon but a lot worse. At least I got to stream a bunch of Smash!

Ninjala is delayed to June 25th, their reason is because of the coronavirus. Tho that is a lot of ppl reasons for delay of video game releases coming out soon, this is all to convenient with their online beta last week and most ppl couldn't even get online.

If they had said they need to make more adjustments to the game I would buy the delay reason. I feel really horrible saying with the state in the world but this is to awfully convenient to announce right after beta that didn't go so well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • TKrazyO changed the title to Ninjala Exclusive Ninja Club Beta Test (May 31)

I'll update this topic in a few days with a video since I did record two of my one hour sessions.

The combat will take some getting used to because of how the clashes work. I'm not sure if it gives you a clue on the direction to pick to beat your opponent but they can get really good the longer they go. In certain circumstances you can morph to gradually recover health. Camera is all over the place with how fast battles go.

The current weapons:

Bat- My preferred weapon. Fast and hits the mark.

Hammer- Strong, slow and can break weapons.

Ball/Yo-yo- Eh

Drill- Was ok. Usually didn't like going against a drill user cause blocking was out of wack anytime I got hit by them.

Got in so many situations where I'd try to jump multiple people low on health in a battle and get wrecked by an unrelated party.

Otherwise I did enjoy playing the beta finally. I will be getting the game when it releases.

Any thoughts, @DLurkster?

I was gonna play till 11:30pm but my washing machine is not cooperating with me and sort of stress me out of playing anymore. Like if I wasn't playing online game I wouldn't feel so but because it is and I'm trying to familiarize myself puts a damper on everything.

Other than that, I enjoyed myself earlier in the day and I think I get this game flow if just a little.

Same sentiments with clash system @TKrazyO, my theory in how it works is the arrow that is bigger not only do you move the stick in that direction but I think you have to double tap it. I noticed more times than not that doing that ends the clash earlier.

Ha ha, I only use the bat it felt like the right weapon to use so I didn't bother used the rest. From your assessment, it wouldn't do me any good by your description of play. And honestly I don't think I seen one weapon more prevalent than another. Hmm, interesting.