Certain JoyCon colors getting discontinued?

@7:56 - 11:10

Interesting.

Of what is out right now, I am still having flashes of wanting Yellow and Green two packs.  But, its just be playing on my Switch and i hardly take it outside in public to play (car rides as passenger yes) so I don't need the multiple colors like I did on the Wii, GC, and N64.

I don't think the Mario Reds ever made it here to begin with, if they had, I would have looked into them.

Agree with my man on the dual purples though.

Weird. First we have no Nintendo Switches out in the wild and now this.

All of this seems to be hinting to Nintendo making new iteration of a Nintendo Switch why discontinue those colors, especially the grey ones.

I already have my 2 additional neon blue to my 2 grey that came with my system. I just wanted another 2 joy-cons for ARMS, which admittedly, I don't play often but it's nice to have more controller option for more ppl over my place with 2 pro controllers already.   

ItLooks like greens are back for ordering at BBY with a 2wk eta.

I poked around and while a purple/gold(yellow) is something I'd like to do it seems like all the colors are out from the major players.  GameStop might have some but with limited open stores that even online from them is sketch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there, as I keep missing on ordering a new pair of JCs based on my issues..

I found these:

https://www.amazon.com/Kaisi-Precision-Screwdriver-Professional-Electronics/dp/B07ZB7FMLB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kaisi&qid=1589428962&s=hi&sr=1-1

The only reason I bring up this set is that if you show for those tri-wing screwdrivers you will find out they come in different sizes and I saw multiple listings with multiple sizes that said they work for Nintendo consoles (and other stuff too).  They ran from $4-7 individually for one size.  This set carries a wide range of sizes of those tri-tips, from the 1.5 up to 6.  That way, you don't not have the size you need and along with the included other tips and accessories I found it a good deal.  The precision screw drivers I already own don't have tri-wings and in the various bit sets I have seen in town (Wal Mart, Target, Lowes) most don't include the smallest tips, the tips you would need for working with JCs.

43 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, that is a good one.

Grindin' is all I listened to back in high school. Can't forget a classic like that.

Well, since you posted already... there is this one...

*On that Clipse cd.  Man, Virginia and Grinding were SO GOOD....but I got the cd and those were like the only good tunes on it.  Ripped the cd then went to my used cd store and sold it off LOL.

Just a note for anyone looking for JCs, today BBYs website was being weird about JC ordering/in-store stock...  late this afternoon it looked like certain colors were somewhat availible but when I got upstairs to get a set they were not.  Within the last 90m or so I was on BBYs website again and managed to actually get Blue/Neon Yellow for in-store pick up.  The Neon Purple/Orange was being very weird but I was able to place an order for shipping to the house for that set and they are supposed to arrive a day after my in-store pick up is ready.... that is about a week out or so.

I won't trust the orders till everything goes golden but check their website twice daily and you might find you can order a set to your house or store pick up.  From my experience this week, GS, Target, and Wal Mart aren't allowing ordering of these and in the case of Target and Wal Mart, their marketplace prices via other vendors are easily +$20-40 over retail.

I am planning on doing a purple/gold ( well yellow) set and I might trade the other two (Orange/Blue) in to GS for credit towards Paper Mario.  Or I might just keep them as a backup plan....

Well, I got in my ordered via BBY Blue/Neon Yellow pair today (3 days earlier than expected).

Feeling that regular blue.  Neon Yellow doesn't look bad but its kind of like that highlighter yellow and not "core yellow" color (aka that you can see the green tinge in the color).

With the experimentation with my brother's Splatoon JCs these should be fine, but now they are here, I am going to finish up my grays as far as looking into any issues inside affecting the dpad.

I got in my Neon Purple/Orange pair today.

For those having questions about the colors in the real world, here is my offering:

Neon Yellow = Highlighter Yellow, in person you can see that slight amount of green in it:

image_81060.jpg

Neon Orange:  Has that Tampa Bay Buccaneers OG creamcicle  orange look.

tampa-bay-bucs-throwback-helmets.jpg

Neon Purple had a good representative online

AUt2Cee.png

The Blue also had one.

nYJtxe6.png