RUMOUR: Slew of Mario games coming to Switch 2020

I would still consider buying a remaster of the original, but I would like a remaster of Super Mario 64 DS more. Aside from some areas of control, Super Mario 64 DS is the better game in my opinion. Sunshine and Galaxy are major and a new Paper Mario is to be determined based on its direction. I might not double dip with 3D World. That depends on what's new in a deluxe version. I would much rather see Super Mario 3D Land get an update. 

2 hours ago, IU said:

I would still consider buying a remaster of the original, but I would like a remaster of Super Mario 64 DS more. Aside from some areas of control, Super Mario 64 DS is the better game in my opinion. Sunshine and Galaxy are major and a new Paper Mario is to be determined based on its direction. I might not double dip with 3D World. That depends on what's new in a deluxe version. I would much rather see Super Mario 3D Land get an update. 

SM64DS just feels like a weird romhack. i don't think the control is the major issue tbh
the condensed space in it basically ruins several worlds because you can just casually skip areas
that may not bug you, but it seems like it really breaks the flow of their design. it trivializes a lot of things.

Hmm, if this is true this might explain why Nintendo have been quiet on the rest of this year for two reasons; how will they reveal and present the games and COVID-19. If it is true they are to share this at E3, how it's reveal may take on a new form to some degree.

I'm not gonna lie, I'll yelped just know there could be all new Paper Mario coming this year.

37 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I don't think the Galaxy games would work.

They rely too much on the motion controls, which would render them unplayable on the Switch Lite.

I forgot about this and I watched Gamexplain vid about this and they talked about way around with how they put SMG1 on the Nvidia Shield and how gyro controls won't really help matters so. Especially so for SMG 2, in parts of using the wiimote to use Yoshi's tongue as a swing. Like you can probably take out motion controls or put gyro in SMG 1 but in the sequel they have to be motion controls and nothing else.

So I feel outside of all this being to good to be true the 2 Galaxy games are the real wrench in all of this.

Edited by DLurkster

They have made games that don't support handheld mode. I don't think two of the highest regarded Super Mario games should be excluded when they would work perfectly fine on the base Switch model. 

@Pichi Are you referring to what Luigi's backflip can do at certain spots? I haven't noticed much of a difference with the other characters within the original levels. 

Edited by IU

I agree with the Crash Trilogy remastering care for SM64.

--This is the one I am least likely to be interested in unless something amazing happens.

Sunshine

--Fix camera and mechanics and I might give it another shot.  Its the one Mario game that pissed me off so much I actually did sell it off.  Curse that Manta Ray stage....

--I didn't mind Flood's usage though....

--I did think its hook seemed like Wall E to me... a heavy handed environmental message.

Galaxy 1 and 2

--HD them up

--Figure out how to better do star bit acquisition based on it being on the Switch vs. Wii.

SM3DW/L  *DLX*

--I think new additional playable characters would be good.

--Supposedly this will have some extra levels.... good.

--IMO Land and World were kind of the same, but I do agree that the 3D in Land on the 3DS was used pretty thick so making those levels work well without the 3D being there might be an issue.

Gonna edit in more thoughts later....

I honestly couldn't care if they made Sunshine or not. I'm sorry, but it's terrible. I had to force myself to finish it the first time, and gave up my playthrough of it when I revisited it years later.

I hope Galaxy is being used as trial of sorts on finessing out the motion controls using Joycons instead of Wiimotes and then giving me my Skyward Sword remake!

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I honestly couldn't care if they made Sunshine or not. I'm sorry, but it's terrible. I had to force myself to finish it the first time, and gave up my playthrough of it when I revisited it years later.

I hope Galaxy is being used as trial of sorts on finessing out the motion controls using Joycons instead of Wiimotes and then giving me my Skyward Sword remake!

@ MSS

I was cool with Sunshine till the manta ray/ hotel level then I got so fed up with the game I ended up selling it off.

I do think it deserves a remake though, but it needs some fixing for sure.  It can't be a "here you go" kind of release.

@ SS and Galaxy

I don't know if I would want to play SS without motion controls, I actually liked it that way--it felt very well done, much more so that TP.  The GX guys said in their discussion video that the Galaxy HD out in China on the Shield used the right analog stick to direct the pointer for collecting star bits.

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

@ SS and Galaxy

I don't know if I would want to play SS without motion controls, I actually liked it that way--it felt very well done, much more so that TP.  The GX guys said in their discussion video that the Galaxy HD out in China on the Shield used the right analog stick to direct the pointer for collecting star bits.

Oh no, I for sure want motion in SS. Just with the Joycons, unsure if retooling is needed.

Just now, EH_STEVE said:

Oh no, I for sure want motion in SS. Just with the Joycons, unsure if retooling is needed.

I would think that the IR and HD rumble sensors in them would be better than Wiimote/WM+ for that game.  Considering how off Wiimotes could get from hectic use as well as them reading that sensor bar too.