What Nintendo franchise collection/remaster would you want to see most?

All these collections and remasters kind of got me thinking about what last generation game(s) would a) I want a collection of and b) to get some kind of remaster.

I would like to see the two NES Zelda games get a remake collection.

I would like to see the GB/GBC/GBA era Zelda games get a collection/remaster.

I think I would go back to the two DS Zelda games if some play control/mechanics and quality of life improvements happen.

Somehow I think looking into Mario Bros and Wrecking Crew would be worth it.

Would the NES DK games get a remaster/expansion collection?  It would probably have to be a tie into some game as those gems were kind of short.

It just seems too easy to offer up Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime trilogy --- but what about other Metroid games?, LoZ Skyward Sword....

The Cing Collection: Trace Memory, Another Code R, Hotel Dusk and Last Window. 

Adventure games and visual novels have seen a resurgence in recent years. I kind of see 2010 as a turning point for the genre: that was the year 999 came out in America, as well as the year Danganronpa made its debut (though that wouldn't come to America until 2014). A few other series had laid the groundwork for the genre in America, with Phoenix Wright being the most notable, but the adventure genre hadn't seen its comeback when Trace Memory came out in 2005. To put that year in perspective, that was the year after LucasArts cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police and the year before Telltale Games released the episodic of its Sam & Max series.

The genre was floundering, but times have changed so much since then. 

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I doubt they remaster EVERY GAME FROM WIIU backwards.  They wouldn't necessarily need to do ports on some games as we still have the NES and SNES VC services with NSO.

you said collection or remaster
i don't think remasters are necessary most of the time so i was going on the collection part
i was talking about expanding the VC services to Wii size library, at least

Edited by Pichi
13 minutes ago, Pichi said:

you said collection or remaster
i don't think remasters are necessary most of the time so i was going on the collection part
i was talking about expanding the VC services to Wii size library, at least

I'm not sure why they haven't, in 3 years of the Switch, been able to figure out how to roll out N64, GC, and Wii games.  Arguably the Wii games are more puzzling as the JCs with the IR sensor can easily replicate the Wiimote. 

Even more puzzling to that end is based on all the games we got out of the WiiVC why haven't they appeared yet.... they didn't even get fully through that on WiiU.

I'd assume they'd go back to GC era games for remasters....

14 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I'm not sure why they haven't, in 3 years of the Switch, been able to figure out how to roll out N64, GC, and Wii games.  Arguably the Wii games are more puzzling as the JCs with the IR sensor can easily replicate the Wiimote. 

Even more puzzling to that end is based on all the games we got out of the WiiVC why haven't they appeared yet.... they didn't even get fully through that on WiiU.

I'd assume they'd go back to GC era games for remasters....

they probably just don't think getting licensing again is worth it, but i don't know why. a "pro" plan for the online service that gave access to a ton of them or something would make fucking bank.

I've been thinking about this series for a while and it is the first two Golden Sun games on the GBA.

Those games were supposed to be one game anyways, why not remake it as one on the switch.

To make this remake worth while, in the original games you played as the heroes in the first game and in the second game the antagonists. How about in the remake you choose who play as through the first two games. Camelot, who made Shining Force series in the second game had you play the bad guys as well. So why not with the remake you can play as the bad guys from the start till the end. Then that way you will see untold stories of why the actions of these guys were necessary. Combing these games as one is a great way to bridge the motives of each side and see new perspective that was previously unseen.

Also with this remake, in the original 2nd game you couldn't go back to the world map in the first, now that area can be open. As for if the rest of the world being opened from the start, doesn't have to be as all the action mostly happened in the first world map. You can have cinematic play parts that weren't in the first game like the Mars clan and have maybe the town explorable and that's about it.

I would like this so we can have a measure if Camelot would want to finish the series, last we heard they are very dishearten to make another Golden Sun game.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, DLurkster said:

I've been thinking about this series for a while and it is the first two Golden Sun games on the GBA.

Those games were supposed to be one game anyways, why not remake it as one on the switch.

To make this remake worth while, in the original games you played as the heroes in the first game and in the second game the antagonists. How about in the remake you choose who play as through the first two games. Camelot, who made Shining Force series in the second game had you play the bad guys as well. So why not with the remake you can play as the bad guys from the start till the end. Then that way you will see untold stories of why the actions of these guys were necessary. Combing these games as one is a great way to bridge the motives of each side and see new perspective that was previously unseen.

Also with this remake, in the original 2nd game you couldn't go back to the world map in the first, now that area can be open. As for if the rest of the world being opened from the start, doesn't have to be as all the action mostly happened in the first world map. You can have cinematic play parts that weren't in the first game like the Mars clan and have maybe the town explorable and that's about it.

I would like this so we can have a measure if Camelot would want to finish the series, last we heard they are very dishearten to make another Golden Sun game.

I'd love to see this, but man that would be like creating a whole new game with that idea.  Shame about the team's feelings on making another game but not surprised they're disheartened after the last one didn't do so hot.  Would still like to see them give it another shot.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

I'd love to see this, but man that would be like creating a whole new game with that idea.  Shame about the team's feelings on making another game but not surprised they're disheartened after the last one didn't do so hot.  Would still like to see them give it another shot.

Yeah, it is basically kind of a new game but remakes nowadays add in content that was cut or there was no time so I thought my idea would not be so outlandish. Outside of their dismay to continue the series I guess the budget to pull this off be a pretty penny.

I never backed a game for kickstarter, this is a game I would lend support for in a heartbeat.

For collections I have three:

1. MegaMan Battle Network collection but with online netbattling like Star Force 3. 

2. Boktai collection containing the first 2 games and the unlocalized Boktai 3 but with an in-game weather system standing in for the Solar Sensor. I love Boktai but I can't play it out here in the Pacific Northwest, where sunlight doesn't exist. 

3. Castlevania Anniversary Collection 2. That is all. 

One of my dream remakes would be a Fire Emblem Elibe dual release, including Binding Blade and Blazing Blade with a modern support system and some extra story elements in the vein of Echoes. Maybe even an unlockable few chapters in the intervening 20 years between games, just for the heck of it. Maybe explore what happened to certain characters, especially the ones that are canonically dead or missing by the time the events of Blazing Blade occur.

• Chrom featured this topic

Metroid Prime Hunters would be my first option. Searching Chris Donovan with the game, it is a glimpse of what could be if Hunters came to the Switch. The game's online experience too would be much improved under Nintendo's current structure. I'm also wanting to re-experience the game with either motion controls like the Prime Trilogy or dual analog. Add in a Spring Ball upgrade in the tutorial stage of the game, first visit Celestial Archives, to allow all hunters to be playable and the best game of all time would be that much better. 

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga would be another game I would want to see on Switch. This is more of a remake concept, but I would like to see the game updated to look like the box art for the original. The clay look looked worse than the GBA version in my opinion. Nothing else needs to be added or changed.