COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

• 2 weeks later...

I probably won't be able to get a Covid vaccine until October now. Had my flu jab recently at least, heh.

Ah well, life is still pretty much normal and Covid-free, and border staff should be fully vaccinated now to sharply drop our risk of unexpected community transmission.

I’ve been juiced up for a while and after a year of constantly being terrified at work it’s nice to be able to just be calm again. 

The other good news is that even after lifting our mask mandates here in Jersey things are still trending down. Things are as back to “normal” as they’re going to get for now and it’s so… nice. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31711201/nc-state-college-world-series-due-covid-19-issues-vanderbilt-finals

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31709803/nc-state-elliott-avent-declines-talk-vaccine-politics-amid-team-covid-issues-cws

WOW...just wow....a Covid outbreak at the worst time...I mean the media heat on this considering the circumstances will be very interesting for the NCAA and NCSU.... I was really wanting to see the game today....wow....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't give a shit about the virus itself anymore. I've been fully vaccinated since February; I'm invincible.

What I'm afraid of is going to a con, or a movie theater, or any other venue that I've been waiting fifteen months to re-open, only to have people bitch at me for "being irresponsible by going to a super-spreader event".

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I don't give a shit about the virus itself anymore. I've been fully vaccinated since February; I'm invincible.

What I'm afraid of is going to a con, or a movie theater, or any other venue that I've been waiting fifteen months to re-open, only to have people bitch at me for "being irresponsible by going to a super-spreader event".

Just follow whatever the science says, f the haters

They actually just announced they're bringing our local con back. Mind you it'll be severely reduced and limited, so I'm likely skipping it.

Also, that second Moderna got some spice to it. Took me out of commission most of yesterday. Gone now, other than sore arm. Worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, potato said:

My province is doing away with requiring infected people to isolate themselves, how wild is that lol

They're also ending covid testing for asymptomatic people and stopping contact tracing... wtf lol

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Gotta love good ol' Florida!

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-health-business-arts-and-entertainment-florida-01fa89e1d9491ab075c5deb689af1ea8?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

This is the part that will always get me because not enough noise is being made to call this grim reaper out on his nonsense: 

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and along with the state Legislature, has limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of COVID-19. DeSantis on Friday barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

This is the same man who has insisted on threatening legal action against the CDC, businesses and anyone else wanting to implement measures to stem the spread.  And to think there are people out there who truly feel that if they can't have Trump then they will settle with having him.