COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

27 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Of course it’s how I see it. Anybody can really only say how they see things, right?

My understanding was we would start reopening once we started hitting our (arbitrary) target of, what was it, 200 per day? Yeah we’re barely scraping that now but we started reopening 3 weeks ago. It’s silly. Try easing restrictions  when we get much closer to zero, maybe.

As for “taking the precautions“, I don’t know where you are in the province but where I am only half the people I see on the rare occasions I go to get supplies seem to be taking it seriously at all. Even in my own family they aren’t totally dedicated to the effort (some not at all). Of the people that do care, not all of them understand even everything they should be doing. So call it a geographic difference maybe but I am definitely calling it as I see it.

I figure it was geological differences. That is why I see what your saying ppl not taking the precaution seriously, and to some extent the government less so. I feel the government is doing the best they can with what you mention about the cases per day. They are being a bit liberal openings with the numbers going up and down. Where I see the precaution comes in to play is the urban cities in the province of opening stages with the cases per day. Like opening neighboring urban cites near rural town could of been a way to really hinder what work has been done to flatten the curve but they been meticulously opening business if different neighboring areas to prevent a rollback.

That to me is progress and why I say they aren't going that fast nor that slow.

As for ppl as whole I agree as said are not doing their part. I know this silly to say but all that matter is when I go out take the proper precautions and only go out if I need to. I'm sure because of not venturing out as much as I like is why I feel like we're making headway but yeah it could be geological thing as you mentioned.

I live in Toronto as reference which I presume is big factor of ppl not following procedure and the cases going up and down.

Edited by DLurkster
On 4/21/2020 at 8:15 AM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

EVEN THE NEW UI HOTLINE IS RECEIVING TOO MANY CALLERS. 

I waited ONE WEEK for a complaint. F this. I'm gonna mail it then. I'm gonna mail them my ENTIRE COMPLAINT. Screw MOST of this last month. 

... About two months later, and I should be getting 9000$ if the system properly listened to me. Why hasn’t the EDD adapted to using a simple thing as EMAIL?! F this inactive service of NOTHING. I’ll write a complaint the next time they screw me over. There’ll be no nice words to mince with them too! 

I’ve gotten in contact with someone too, much I’ve been just waiting for nothing to happen. This sucks.

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
On 7/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

... About two months later, and I should be getting 9000$ if the system properly listened to me. Why hasn’t the EDD adapted to using a simple thing as EMAIL?! F this inactive service of NOTHING. I’ll write a complaint the next time they screw me over. There’ll be no nice words to mince with them too! 

I’ve gotten in contact with someone too, much I’ve been just waiting for nothing to happen. This sucks.

Bruh, I am not even going to rehash my issues trying to get into the system, much less collect any kind of money.  Luckily I had severance already coming because it two months to get through to someone with a email and a number to contact about issues.  I was ecstatic to deposits actually hitting post severance.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say, one thing I like about my job (and I love most things about it) is that they seem to actually have our leadership collaborate and allow the various corporate and field offices autonomy on when they decide it's safe for everyone to return, it's not just the CEO or some other big wig calling the shots alone.  Even then, once we are cleared to go back they plan on staggering how many go into the office on a triweekly schedule until everyone is back.  I've been working from home since mid-March; we were originally cleared to go back to the office July 6th but that was pushed back as the company was still securing PPE and cleaning supplies so it was pushed back a couple of weeks.  But as we get closer to our adjusted return schedule is when Florida cases started to spike heavily and so now it has been delayed with no set date at the moment.  It just depends on how things change over the next several weeks.

Gotta say, I don't exactly miss being in the office though I miss being around the people.  But I definitely wouldn't hate it if my company decided to do what some of my friends' jobs are doing and completely transition the job to a remote working role.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 5:59 AM, Kodiack said:

We've had our first community transmission case of Covid-19 in New Zealand in 102 days. We're going back to level 3 lockdown in Auckland for the next 3+ days. This could cancel a lot of my plans. Pretty crushed right now, but I'm still long-term optimistic that we'll get this back under control.

I just remember. It is winter for you guys right now, this doesn't fully explain the spike but viruses in general thrive colder temperatures.

So what is possible is turning reality that when colder weather hits NA we're gonna see a spike and no offence in the US, (lives in Canada) this incoming reality does not bode well for their future. They need to ship shape themselves before colder weather settles in.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:13 PM, DLurkster said:

I just remember. It is winter for you guys right now, this doesn't fully explain the spike but viruses in general thrive colder temperatures.

So what is possible is turning reality that when colder weather hits NA we're gonna see a spike and no offence in the US, (lives in Canada) this incoming reality does not bode well for their future. They need to ship shape themselves before colder weather settles in.

Yep. And the maskless jackasses are just going to make that much harder.

Saw a group of them at a car festival via a restaurant recently and saw some at a pro Trump rally/anti mask protest today. Bunch of ignorant idiots. 

Appreciate that most of the city isn't like that, but they make it that much harder to help to flatten the curve.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yep. And the maskless jackasses are just going to make that much harder.

Saw a group of them at a car festival via a restaurant recently and saw some at a pro Trump rally/anti mask protest today. Bunch of ignorant idiots. 

Appreciate that most of the city isn't like that, but they make it that much harder to help to flatten the curve.

That is hard to hear much less witness. It really goes to show you that countries that were handling this pandemic as soon as possible are still not out of the woods, not on neglect but just because viruses just more resilient in colder temperatures.

My heart goes to those who try to flatten the curve in the states, tho where I live isn't like NZ but are on our way and hope we don't get round two but seems all but inevitable. I do my part regardless if anyone else does not. I know saying that is counterproductive and we should be all in this together. I just know at the end of the day and the end of this pandemic I did all that I could to flatten the curve.

Theaters should move to assigned seating if they don't have that system already and only have certain seats available so that it'll be socially distanced. I'm not too concerned about people sitting in a theater with their mask off if they are appropriately distanced from others (unless they're sneezing a lot/hacking up a lung). My little brother is about to start working again and I'll listen to his experiences working at the theater to decide whether or not I feel comfortable going out into that kind of setting while the pandemic is still present. 

13 hours ago, IU said:

I'm not too concerned about people sitting in a theater with their mask off

y'all dumb motherfuckers can all pack in the theaters and get yourself sick if you want man.
just casually ignore all that stuff about indoors being more dangerous due to the circulating air.
don't even distance that stuff is a hoax anyway right

image.png.83f0d5e968d67495da992b1f4261e542.png

seriously like this defeats the entire fucking purpose

if half the time you're pigging out with your mask off there's no god damned point in having them on in the first place
even if you put it back on immediately, you're touching your food, touching your mask, all that makes it fucking worthless
maybe if you personally don't do any of that for two hours you'd be low risk but most people act clueless with masks (and every other precaution)
you see how many damn people don't even cover their nose and render the whole thing moot

Edited by Pichi

On a cost to benefit ratio going to a theater just seems really bad rn lol. People have to take off their mask to eat popcorn, you're in a single room with questionable ventilation for hours, other people could be laughing or coughing or sneezing, everybody has to use the few available bathrooms which could be a problem. The risk is maybe getting a deadly virus and the benefit is hopefully being entertained for a few hours which doesn't seem worth it to me. It's a personal risk but i'm personally not going to a single movie theater until well into next year at the earliest. 💀

If it's a private auditorium and you can rent it for members of your household alone i think that could be pretty safe though.

1 hour ago, devilsKnife said:

On a cost to benefit ratio going to a theater just seems really bad💀

let's be real when has that not been the case
elsewhere on that AMC page they advertised a special where popcorn, drinks, etc. were *only* five dollars each lmao