COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

19 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

i don't think Canada has even hit 100k cases yet...

Not officially but honestly our testing and contact tracing are not really up to snuff, so I am sure the numbers are somewhat higher than what is being reported.

I am very conflicted about the protests. I think protesting injustice is important but if enough people are not social distancing or wearing protective equipment it’s practically guaranteed that this situation will greatly contribute to wave 2...

26 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I am very conflicted about the protests. I think protesting injustice is important but if enough people are not social distancing or wearing protective equipment it’s practically guaranteed that this situation will greatly contribute to wave 2...

a ton of states were suddenly reopening and already causing new peaks. there was gonna be a wave 2 already.
now they're gonna try to shift 100% of the blame on protests. fucking transparent bullshit.

Oh don’t get me wrong, the US approach to Covid has been a giant shitshow from the start obviously, I mean the numbers speak for themselves. It’s just bad timing is what I mean. Literally any other kind of situation and I wouldn’t be saying that at all. 

And yes, racist twats will always try to spin things to make those protesting injustice look bad. Just look at that idiot who posted that “American traitor” list... I mean seriously?

• 2 weeks later...

The US is fucked up to say the least. Been seeing so many non masked people lately that it's scary. They're so arrogant, narcissistic and what not, that it's frightening. If they only wore the damn masks and socially distanced, things could open up more.

From what I've seen protest wise, most people seem to be wearing masks, unlike the whiny idiots who wanted things to open up again, who mainly didn't. 

Edited by Doc Brown
On 6/25/2020 at 9:20 AM, EH_STEVE said:

We've gone almost 2 weeks of no new cases and currently have no active cases in my province, so starting next Friday they're making an "Atlantic Province Bubble" (Nova Scotia, new Brunswick, PEI, and Newfoundland) where you can travel freely within without isolating afterwards.

We‘ve been opening up in Ontario slowly too, not that we earned it on our end... anyway, good job east coast!

@PichiI am guessing you don’t have access to a sewing machine, eh?

26 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

We‘ve been opening up in Ontario slowly too, not that we earned it on our end... anyway, good job east coast!

@PichiI am guessing you don’t have access to a sewing machine, eh?

That's how you see it. I do but I feel we are taking the precautions. I feel we are not going that fast nor do I think we are opening back slowly either.

12 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

That's how you see it. I do but I feel we are taking the precautions. I feel we are not going that fast nor do I think we are opening back slowly either.

Of course it’s how I see it. Anybody can really only say how they see things, right?

My understanding was we would start reopening once we started hitting our (arbitrary) target of, what was it, 200 per day? Yeah we’re barely scraping that now but we started reopening 3 weeks ago. It’s silly. Try easing restrictions  when we get much closer to zero, maybe.

As for “taking the precautions“, I don’t know where you are in the province but where I am only half the people I see on the rare occasions I go to get supplies seem to be taking it seriously at all. Even in my own family they aren’t totally dedicated to the effort (some not at all). Of the people that do care, not all of them understand even everything they should be doing. So call it a geographic difference maybe but I am definitely calling it as I see it.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just what we don't need. A double pandemic. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbchealth/status/1277682813333012481?s=19

*tries to cancel 2020*

Joy. Well the naysayers were all saying “COVID is just like a flu”, right? Well now if we’re so lucky we’ll get to experience another actual flu pandemic. :) 

And to your point, bad timing and all. Reminds me of those funny memes about Earth taking pandemics as medicine to specifically combat humanity... and then the Sun suggesting it just lob another asteroid at Earth.