COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

I'm not going to post links but apparently:

In Canada, the CFL (Canadian Football League aka Professional football in Canada) might be seeking a bail out by the Canadian government because of lost gate revenue as per the article I read that they do more on ticket/gate revenue versus tv revenue.

Here in the states, college sports has had some interesting news with the NCAA saying they won't mandate a uniform start to upcoming sports seasons.  Interesting.  But then again, all the states could have individual guidelines on opening, which would complicate all kinds of scheduling nightmares for schools.

A little more local, NC is opening up in phases.  A lot of retailers and parks have opened up in the last few days.  My local Best Buy is still blocking off their parking lot as of today and only allowing in-car pick ups.  It appears no one can go inside yet.  The main mall in my town opened up today and from what I could tell, the parking lot looked ok for the opening up just starting.

I actually went to a Gamestop on my way home tonight as I saw they were finally back open and I was hoping on scoring some joycons if they had any.  They had none.  But they were doing 5 customers at a time in the store and had marked off for social distancing.

U.S. has now reached over 100k deaths from the virus... T_T 

I have a bad feeling that there could be a second wave from states opening up too soon and/or dombasses not following saftey orders. Just look at all the idiots during Memorial Day weekend. >_>

6 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Not sure if we're doing that. *shrugs*

Nobody is doing it around here.  The AMC 12plex is effectively closed.  I'm pretty sure the Regal 12plex isn't open yet.  With AMC's issues though, I wonder if that AMC will reopen at all.  I do like the deluxe recliners but only 4 rooms are stadiums and the other 8 are normal/old style seating.  They have at least fixed their technical issues though, which is why I kind of stopped going there but have gone there sporadically over the last 2 years.