COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

1 hour ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

You don't have the choice to be a fucking idiot to the rest of humanity

I get the wear/don't wear mask thing.... I don't really wear one.... but I am also smart enough to keep that distance though...  I would consider someone a dumb ass to not wear a mask and then not staying a safe distance away from others... I mean... that is just stupid.

I also want to give shout out to all the custom face masks I keep seeing...everyone trying to put their style on it...

FWIW, here, I was in a local grocery store today and they actually started the more formalized enter one entrance, exit the other exit, and one way directional lanes down the aisles.  It kind of tripped me out.  I've heard the Lowes hardware stores are starting that soon/now this week.

The thing about the masks is it's not a "my body, my choice" sort of thing.

It's not your body you're protecting when you wear a mask, it's other people's bodies. It's acting as a filter intended to reduce the particles you're putting out, far more than those potentially coming in. There are a high number of asymptomatic people, and they can still transmit the coronavirus to others. Wearing a mask is intended to reduce the risk of that spread.

13 hours ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Time to inject myself with disinfectant and bleach. The POTUS believes that it'll work with heat and humidity

(To be fair I understand the heat and humidity but seriously injecting with disinfectant might be a huge stretch)

Heh...I caught that yesterday...i chuckled heavily.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Heh...I caught that yesterday...i chuckled heavily.

The funniest part is it’s not just dangerous and stupid, but wouldn’t even be that helpful. Simple soap and water kills this thing more than disinfectants do, anyway.

But seriously, obviously don’t swallow or inject anything not intended for internal use... ugh, the lunacy.

Edited by DranSeasona

We've lifted a few regulations, opening trails, a few parks, driving ranges, and the recreational fishing season. Our last round of tests had 7 new cases our of 650+ test. We did have 6 more deaths, all from the long-term care facility that got infected putting them at 31 out of the 37 deaths we've had