We’ll be spending rest our lives

Livin’ in a COVID paradise

Y’all need to sanitize

Confirmed cases on the rise

Grandpa’s life is sacrificed

Started making reusable masks. They're double layer, both 100% cotton, one flat cotton, one flannel. There's an opening between the two to put in a filter if you got one, and a wire on the nose bridge for a snugger fit. 5 just need the sides pleated, 3 need straps (ran out of elastic) and pleating.

90305732_693573661398472_8949818856738652160_n.jpg.a090f25c6858e45d7b2fae438f3997b4.jpg

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Started making reusable masks. They're double layer, both 100% cotton, one flat cotton, one flannel. There's an opening between the two to put in a filter if you got one, and a wire on the nose bridge for a snugger fit. 5 just need the sides pleated, 3 need straps (ran out of elastic) and pleating.

90305732_693573661398472_8949818856738652160_n.jpg.a090f25c6858e45d7b2fae438f3997b4.jpg

No LoZ print?  I am the disappoint.   :D

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

No LoZ print?  I am the disappoint.   :D

I know, I know. But I had to use whatever supplies I had on hand, and the only new material I had were unworn boxers (the front pattern) and unworn pjs (the back flannel)

Just now, Pichi said:

if only a certain somebody hadn't downplayed it for weeks we might have started isolating before it was a serious problem anhero;

You and I both know that our fellow Americans are too fucking stupid for any plan to have ever worked.

So what you are saying despite a difference in numbers and despite two weeks advance, people would still die due to stupidity and still act stupidly...

Let's not forget how chaotic this would've been if the President said two weeks earlier "oh this is a problem" and people would've still been resolved to panic-buy then go to isolation becuase this virus was still unknown how to combat it. And people would still have to be leave off work and go to school due to the isolation without actually knowing how long this could be despite isolation. 

What I'm trying to say is that while the impact would've lessoned with less death, the chain events would have still happened. I dunno how the end would happen but I still would image quite a scary and chaotic scene.

As much as I hated how this turn out there a some good things coming out of us and we have to stay positive to have this ruin us. A lot of people are doing there best to fight this. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2

yeah, i think it would have played out identically most likely, but just a couple weeks difference could have drastically reduced the number of cases/deaths even if people were stupidly ignoring advice at the same rate.

53 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Staff at the grocery store 3 blocks from my place tested positive. Store is in temporarily lock down while staff are all tested and the place is sanitized.

Did I forget to mention I was planning a supply run tonight?
(we still have food for days, but wife needs some meds)

have to resort to hunter gatherer mode.

https://www.witn.com/content/news/Questions-about-Gov-Coopers-stay-at-home-order--Read-FAQ-here-569169481.html

NC goes full stay at home.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/coronavirus-stimulus-house-vote/index.html

This stimulus thing sounds good and all, but a one time check that would barely cover an employed person's bills for not working for a month seems kind of like a PR stunt, and I don't see how the government can get that kind of money out there.

1 hour ago, devilsKnife said:

A one time check isn't gonna be enough

The thing that's really strange is that I qualify for one of those checks too simply because I'm a US citizen, even though I've lived in New Zealand for over six years. I guess me still having to file US taxes every year has paid off in a sense.

Planning to send the money to my parents.

4 hours ago, Kodiack said:

The thing that's really strange is that I qualify for one of those checks too simply because I'm a US citizen, even though I've lived in New Zealand for over six years. I guess me still having to file US taxes every year has paid off in a sense.

Planning to send the money to my parents.

oh really? i was wondering if I'd be eligible since I've been in Canada a year now...ive been unemployed for a year too tho so i wonder if that matters y;

we could use the money here but i do think ill be sending some of it to my mom and older brother