COVID-19 APOCALYPSE THREAD

EH_STEVE

4 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

New Zealand now at alert level 3, and going into alert level 4 in 48 hours.

We are in lockdown now, and going into full lockdown in two days. This is on top of the border being closed.

This is going to be for four weeks minimum. Among the most extreme measures in the world, especially this early on.

Isolation Day F:

Changed all the nicknames in my family messenger group to "Gary" for everyone. Though I don't think anyone else gets it but me, I still think it's hilarious

Spoiler

Fallout, Vault 108 reference. Though I know they're all clones, we're all isolated so I thought it was funny.

State of Emergency for the city I live, announced this afternoon, and all schools are in the province are closed definitely until April 6th.

And I thought this was already thing abut all non-essential business within Toronto are closed. We are also thinking of stopping any construction around the city and our mayor is trying to see if we can take measures to limiting access to parks and outdoor recreational centres.

I live five minutes from a park but since last week, I have not gone there but now they want to limit it and I live 20 minutes for rec centre too. These are hard times.

@Tyranogre: Thank for that catch.

Edited by DLurkster
16 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

State of Emergency for the city I live, announced this afternoon, and all schools are in the province are closed indefinitely until April 6th.

And I thought this was already thing abut all non-essential business within Toronto are closed. We are also thinking of stopping any construction around the city and our mayor is trying to see if we can take measures to limiting access to parks and outdoor recreational centres.

I live five minutes from a park but since last week, I have not gone there but now they want to limit it and I live 20 minutes for rec centre too. These are hard times.

Yeah, they are closing down the park facilities like the playgrounds and the bathroom facilities.  Just the Greenways (like paths through different areas of the city that take you through nature areas versus streets and such) and open spaces are open.  

It sucks that these outdoor spaces are closing just as we're warming up but ppl are playing with fire when more than 5 ppl are gather in such place and are not heeding to stay indoors.

It's weird and also not accurate to say that we're warming up, tho spring began on Friday we up in Canada don't see spring really until May, lol. but kids be kids, I see them wearing shorts and t-shirts and some days we don't even just reach 0 Celsius not in Fahrenheit.

18 hours ago, DLurkster said:

State of Emergency for the city I live, announced this afternoon, and all schools are in the province are closed definitely until April 6th.

I think Ford said that schools would probably not open on April 6th. Not a clean declaration yet maybe but I know based on his comments we’ve been preparing for that eventuality in my house.

My city also just declared a state of emergency recently. Even closed the parks, which makes sense... not many people have been heeding the social/physical distancing concept.

I love the memes going around that are like “people in 1939, called to war; people in 2020, called to lay on the couch”. Yet we can’t even get that right...

Edited by DranSeasona
1 hour ago, DranSeasona said:

I think Ford said that schools would probably not open on April 6th. Not a clean declaration yet maybe but I know based on his comments we’ve been preparing for that eventuality in my house.

Yeah, I concur, I don't have kids but I have two nephews and I don't like the thought that even tho schools will be closed for a weeks will be enough. When I posted that I'm not sure if thing have changed since it was announced because I literally heard about less than 2 hours after it was shared.

Also at the same time knowing that kids are missing school the rest of this year is also troubling as well, to kids they may think it's awesome (home schooling or not) but this disrupts kids pivotal moments of learning when they reach a certain age.

No matter how you spin this, there isn't anything COVID-19 does not affect society wise.kcry;

• Chrom featured this topic