Sign in to follow this  
alienboyva

Reggie Fils-Aime appointed to GameStop's Board of Directors

GameStop has appointed the Regginator to their Board of Directors...

Reggie has helped companies has as worked at in the past see some decent growth, so hopefully he can help save GS. I know GS gets a lot of shit, but I've never once had a bad experience at one. I'd really hate to see GameStop go, as it be come such a convenient place for me to pick-up  and pre-order games, systems, etc.

Not gonna lie, I'm only starting to dip my feet into investing and while I'm looking at a portfolio of stocks in tech to jump into, this news is pushing me to toss some coins Gamestop's way.  If Reggie and the new crew are able to stabilize, restructure and reform Gamestop it might be a nice bonus addition.

That being said, it's a shocking development to see Reggie jumping on board here.  The man must love a challenge because there is little right now that is in Gamestop's favor other than the looming launch of the next gen systems.

I get the issues people have with GameStop and have had with it for awhile, but I appreciate it on a local level, as well as the friendly employees I've come to know. The decisions from up top have usually sucked, but hopefully Reggie can change some of that. If anyone can make GameStop better again, might be him.

GS's other merchandise is also nothing to sneeze at. The t-shirts, figures, toys, etc. I like the selection they've put out nowadays, especially with the somewhat decent amount of Metroid related stuff among it, which I would not see elsewhere locally.

This is great news!

Though this does not affect me, (live in Canada) I couldn't be happier for you guys. If anyone can mend gaming troubles it is Reggie, I'd hate for Gamestop to go the way of Toy's 'R' Us. We still have it in Canada, I think because the Toy's 'R' Us up here is owned by someone else. Same applies to the cousin company of Gamestop up here EBGames.

I look forward to the input Reggie can provide as board of directors member, they are in good hands.lvhappy;

Hopefully he can do enough to ensure that it doesn't follow my local furniture store chain Art Van into the history books of companies that went out of business recently 

That's...interesting. Makes me wonder if it's going to a similar situation with Jason Rubin (Founder of Naughty Dog) with the then sinking THQ's final year, or will Reggie be able to help turn Gamestop around. Granted, Rubin joined THQ as its president, and Reggie is just a member in a board of directors. Not sure how much power he'll have, but still.

I knew before this video that Reggie took this opportunity to take on challenge, it is evident with resume so far. This is not that shocking but as for if he can change the image of Gamestop remains to be seen.