Why is the next Direct taking so long?

Vector

As of today, The record of the largest gap between Nintendo directs has been broken again, as Nintendo has not released a general Direct since last September. This perplexes me, as the last direct didn't have a lot going for it, as its biggest announcements were basically a port and a remaster. I know January had two livestreams for Pokemon and Smash respectively, but they were both divisive, the former because of the state the Pokemon franchise is in, and the latter because of the character choice. I feel that because of this Nintendo should have released a direct sooner because fans don't really have anything to be to be hyped about besides Animal Crossing. What do you think of this drought of news?

Either there is really no real news for them/in their eyes before Animal Crossing comes in March or they got a lot to say and are lining up the time tables to see who, what, and when to unveil stuff.

Aside from AC news I'd be looking for:

Joker amiibo release.

Smash Pass #2 Fighter #6 announcement trailer.

"big summer game(s)"  ...maybe a few spring surprises.

teaser for big holiday titles.

Ports from 3rd parties announcements.

10 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Please understand

This is good XD

1 hour ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Nintendo sure is a scatterbrained company these days.

The Smash Bros and Pokemon themed videos could've easily been part of a Nintendo Direct last month instead of separate videos.

Considering they've been doing Smash only and Pokemon only Directs for a good while now I wouldn't exactly use those as a litmus test of what a more general Direct would consist of, not to mention that if they don't yet have a Direct put together they probably aren't going to put just those two games as one big Direct with clearly different focuses on what is being promoted.  Scatterbrained isn't really the term I'd use here especially if it's just because they don't have a general Direct lined up after showing up with two Directs with very clear intentions on what they were promoting around those specific titles.

I agree with Kezay and will go with PB thoughts if there's no direct this month, then next month as to be for sure. By that point it is 3 months to E3, and directs at it's usual length of time between direct is 3 months pretty much since the passing of Iwata.

I just can't recall the last time we had a direct in March, it must be over 2 years now. Since 2013 we usually have direct to start off the year in January. I believe everybody remembers that direct for better or for worse. Withe promise of the games that were shown but the worse part was some won't see release till 2016.

So it would be really odd now to see a direct in March, if the rumor of 2 directs this month don't happen. One general and on AC variety. With news that Nintendo has not booked exhibition for this years ES has ppl thinking they are backing out of E3 too. We all don't know that like this direct drought, everything happens in due time and there's reason as well.

Just gotta wait and see.:)

Huh, not about the destination but the journey.

Hmm.. the friends we made Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata, Kamiya, Musada, Koizumi, Trinen, Ishihara, Ohmori, and Sakurai.

Those are the ppl I can name at the top of my head that have been in or host directs of all kind.

The power of friendship is growing with me once said these names. Nice!

46 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

The waiting for a new Direct ends on Thursday, especially if you're an Animal Crossing fan:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/animal_crossing_direct_announced_for_20th_february

25 minute long stream and begins at 9 AM EST/6 AM PST

I wonder what can eat up 25m for an AC specific direct considering what they've already shown about the game.

This thread is too confusing. I thought it was about general direct not shown this year.

I'm pretty it was mentioned that we had Pokemon direct in early January and tho not a direct Sakurai presents a week after. Other than that no general direct this direct does not count nor break the direct drought.

Tho, I'm far from the AC biggest fan, I'm happy for those who have this news in the form of a direct. At least the rumor of the 2 directs this months, half of that has come true now. It was said that we will have general direct and AC one. So I think there's a good chance we'll see a general one. Just 10 more days to announce sort of not a lot of day to announce but sooner or later THE direct will come.

At least for me I don't think we are going to see a normal Direct this week to realize the 2 direct rumors of AC and a normal one this month. Month ends on Saturday and I look at today as the last day to announce a direct later this week. Also, with Nintendo at Pax East starting on Thursday, I thought it might air on that day but no avail.

I knew this has been said like a broken record, 'there will be a direct next week' but now I am really certain one will occur in March.

I do too, this is not to say to have my cake and eat it too but at the same time. Regardless where one is or stand with no formal direct this year so far. One would want to know what other games are coming out with Nintendo past this April.

It's okay if no one feels like this but we can't help the way we feel.