Routine Political Dystopia 2021 Edition

April

20 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

It's not just about his false claims of voter fraud. Most of what Trump has been posting on Twitter was instigating hate and violence. When your in the public eye, epically the President of the United States, Twitter is more likely to notice and take action, than some rando, which would have to be reported for Twitter to notice and take action.

Yeah but, if they are pulling bans on those grounds do they plan to go after everyone that tweets out similar stuff?  At what point is their threshold set?  I'm just saying they are on a slippery slope with this and while Trump is the flavor of the month, what if that flavor changes?  What if political motivations and trends change?  I'm just arguing they can't go after one person and not all/others that espouse misinformation.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Yeah but, if they are pulling bans on those grounds do they plan to go after everyone that tweets out similar stuff?  At what point is their threshold set?  I'm just saying they are on a slippery slope with this and while Trump is the flavor of the month, what if that flavor changes?  What if political motivations and trends change?  I'm just arguing they can't go after one person and not all/others that espouse misinformation.

tf you mean? they ban most people for waaaay less than that

don't try to "slippery slope" this when you don't know super basic information

Edited by Pichi
1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

They literally don't have the manpower to monitor every person on Twitter, that's why the 'Report' feature exists. Once reported and reviewed, they will take action as they deem fit.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Honestly don't agree with this take at all.  Coordinated coups by insurgents groups could've easily pulled apart the government yesterday..  Saying it was a coordinated effort by multiple parties is a narrative that benefits international groups because it makes America look weak in the context of being able to be infiltrated.

A coordinated effort would've amounted to hostages taken, far more confidential information being stolen, there were computers with emails still open in the building, and would still probably be occupied at this moment.  It amounted to some shit being looted, selfies being taken and some violent confrontations that ended up with 3 or 4 people killed when it arguably could've been dozens or hundreds.  It delayed the electoral certification by a few hours.  It was the result of a bunch of incompetent rioters and domestic terrorists and at most the DC police being indifferent to it because 80% of cops voted Trump anyway and now they're going to get routed for it while the FBI is currently attempting to clean house.

It was a stress test and an absolute failure of our country's defenses that's going to make us a laughing stock.  But chalking it up to some surgical coordinated attempt by multiple parties at a coup is giving a lot of credit to a situation that happened because of our incompetent indifference to the fascist problem in our country.  These are insurgents and they attempted a coup, but no way in hell do I think it was coordinated or planned at all barring people on Facebook yelling about meeting up to "demand justice for the country" and fucking winging it.

Edited by Edie Napier