Routine Political Dystopia 2021 Edition

April

4 hours ago, Zora said:

My registration has officially been processed for Texas. Was a bit worried about that since I had to rely on mailing it.

Anyway, I'll have to go to a polling place (during early voting) because, lmao, Texas doesn't allow absentee voting especially during a pandemic, but given Texas flipping isn't out of the question, I'll do my part. Even if it's probably just voting D all the way down. y;

flip it kvhappy;

On 10/6/2020 at 9:05 PM, ace said:

I don't even know how to properly express my feelings anymore. It's like being on a roller coaster that's barreling straight towards a wall and I can't do anything to stop it.

Then turn off the media and go outside. You need vitamin D.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

There was a fly on Pence’s head. LOL.

Honestly, good sir, if this is the best criticism of Pence during the debate, he did well.

When Sen. Harris' debate prep consisted of "make faces at Pence", her campaign managers failed her. Should be fired immediately.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:42 PM, devilsKnife said:

he's so desperate lol, I guess he saw the polls

Pray tell, friend; what from the 2016 election leads you to believe he responds to polls?

On 10/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, ace said:

I cannot stand this clown anymore. Seeing his face and hearing his voice just makes me angry

There is MUCH more to life than one single man occupying the oval office, friend.

"B-b-but his actions affect millions!"

No. 

Go outside. Lift weights. Eat clean.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:04 PM, Doc Brown said:

You and me both. His face and voice makes me want to punch a pillow. 

You need a steak, good fellow.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:45 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

And what he’s doing is endangering others since he has it. The heck is he thinking?!

Thinking? This is the same guy who spends $70k on on a hair stylist and still walks around in public looking like straight dumpster juice.

Anyway, currently awaiting my absentee ballot.  Would love to vote him out in line and in person but I'm not trying to involve myself in crowds at the moment.

I would say more of Pence avoiding most of the questions asked of him and going back to former topics (because he talks... very slowly... and has a certain monotone voice...), and his interrupting Kamala, like Trump did with Biden, but I'm through with this now. At least she answered the questions... that packing the judges dodging was perhaps really cringing, though it made for somewhat of a goof joke on SNL. I voted for Biden and Kamala. Voting's going to speak louder now for the next three weeks, so let's see how the rest of the U.S. of A. thinks.  

And you're right that the clown's not only responsible for the way things are. I almost forgot Ditch Mitch, Ted's-Head-Is-In-His-Bed Cruz, and the other back-in-time senators that need a refresher what they did 4 years ago makes them hypocrites. I think Mitch is also up for reelection, so hopefully he's gone.    

And, if your best response is making people stay healthy... honestly, that's a good cause, but that's a weird choice to reply in a politics thread. 

Of course I would have a steady job to go back to... if some people didn't react earlier than they did. *sips tea* I worked at a movie theater, and it impacted me a lot. And, because I barely have any work experience, even though I worked at my pervious employer for over three years, looking for a job again is just plain annoying. Guess I went to college for the wrong educational purposes. But, I bear some of that responsibility of my job-less-ness on myself. If Trump didn't ignore the warnings and protocols Obama planned out, we would've been in a better situation.  

I would also go outside a lot more as well... but, it's mostly dry air where I live, and I know I'm a pale man who would die in an hour. Night times are a better forte, even though I am recommended VD3 pills from my doctor a lot.  

But, I know I'm not the best debater and I'm a guy who rarely listens to the news, so I know I'll be struck down in a matter of minutes. But, a lot of my friends in the community I live with depend on what happens next. I live in a mostly progressive town anyways, so that's how much this matters to me and I know my bias is showing. 

New Zealand's election was last night. The results were unprecedented. Labour has enough seats to form a government alone (a first for our MMP system), the populist NZ First party has been booted out, and the centre-left to left parties comprise over 60% of the seats.

Chlöe Swarbrick - a 26-year-old Green MP famous for saying "ok boomer" in parliament - also won Auckland Central. Unexpected, but incredibly exciting.

This is the most excited I've ever been for an election in my life.

Not surprised Trump is on the lying bandwagon (okay, he didn't exactly get off of it at any point, I'm just saying...) as I also read an article earlier where he has been focusing on his crowd sizes versus Biden's as proof of his potential to win.  Nevermind that Biden's camp is actually embracing social distancing measures but of course he won't let a little fact like that deter his rhetoric.

36 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I also read an article earlier where he has been focusing on his crowd sizes versus Biden's as proof of his potential to win.  Nevermind that Biden's camp is actually embracing social distancing measures but of course he won't let a little fact like that deter his rhetoric.

I keep seeing right wingers say that and it's the dumbest talking point....

Maybe Trump giving them COVID-19 because they're morons will make them wake up to how serious it is than just thinking it's no big deal. Their hubris will be their downfall. 

Man, about two more weeks to go. ... Right? *checks* Maybe 2 and a half. But, just because Trump might lose doesn't mean he's gone immediately. There's still that stupid transitional period until next year. I wish that period was shorter, since we're in the middle of a real threat right now.  

The election results could come over tonight, or it could drag its feet until Friday. Texas, Florida, or a combination of Georgia/Ohio/Arizona*/North Carolina (*AZ might also need ME2) can end this tonight if they go blue; but if it comes down to Pennsylvania, it'll be a long week. Michigan will also be slow counting and critical for Biden's 270, but probably a safe, so don't think it'll delay our projected winner much.

I'm very anxiously seeing how Texas votes. Not just for if the state goes blue for Biden--which would be poetic but still a longshot--but also for the state legislature; redistricting, for example, will be very different with a dem state house.

Edited by Zora