Routine Political Dystopia 2021 Edition

April

7 minutes ago, Pichi said:

it's not much reassurance but i feel like the ridiculous extremes he's gone to in recent comments is a sign of how desperate and worried he is. but of course violent suppression of voting is a US playbook classic so it's a sad possibility

the one thing that gives me good feelings is that they pretty much have to cheat to win lol

The debate was out of control and both camps should feel embarrassed. Both camps need to be able to at least follow the rules of these debates for a majority of the time. There is already plenty for a voter to process between the two candidates on policy, they shouldn't also have to process a live train wreck of a debate on top of that. I told my little sister and mom after the debate that I wouldn't want to be a first time voter right now. 

7 minutes ago, IU said:

The debate was out of control and both camps should feel embarrassed. Both camps need to be able to at least follow the rules of these debates for a majority of the time. There is already plenty for a voter to process between the two candidates on policy, they shouldn't also have to process a live train wreck of a debate on top of that. I told my little sister and mom after the debate that I wouldn't want to be a first time voter right now. 

One of the two told a fascist street gang to "stand by", how can you equate them

2 minutes ago, IU said:

Did you watch the entire debate?

I watched the whole thing and at one point Trump refused to denounce white supremacy and then immediately told a fascist organization to stand by

no amount of interrupting on Biden's part could ever equal that in awfulness and as far as I could tell Trump still interrupted way more, but that's kind of beside the point

During tonight's Presidental Debates, Trump seemed to give direct orders to a fascist gang known as the Proud Boys, only to follow up with "/j" when his statement was repeated back to him on Twitter by Democratic challenger Joe Biden. A senior White House official later stated that the President's statements were "just jokes."  A staffer from Ninfora News attempted to reach out for further comment from the administration, but was reportedly told to "stop killing the vibes, bro."

8 minutes ago, IU said:

He did it twice which is why I was asking if you had seen the whole debate. Did they not want him to denounce white supremacists? 

(asked by the moderator to unequivocally condemn white supremacists and militia groups) "I would be willing to do that, but everything I’m seeing is from the left wing, not from the right wing."

It's not...

19 minutes ago, devilsKnife said:

(asked by the moderator to unequivocally condemn white supremacists and militia groups) "I would be willing to do that, but everything I’m seeing is from the left wing, not from the right wing."

It's not...

I made a mistake. He did it three times, and you're not accurately quoting him, "Sure, I'm willing to do that, but I would say..[interruption by both Wallace and Biden]..I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing. If you look [interruption from Wallace] I'm..I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace." That final sentence is the third time. 

I want to know the source for your quote from the debate. I'm making it out from listening to that part of the debate around the ~52-53 minute mark as best I can since the debate wasn't handled very well.  

Edited by IU