Nintendo/TPC catch Pokémon Sword & Shield's leaker

• alienboyva changed the title to Nintendo/TPC catch Pokémon Sword & Shield's leaker
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

This is the first time Nintendo's actually exposed a leaker publicly, to my memory. Not sure how to feel about it.

I think it’s fair, honestly. If you’re trusted with confidential details about something and then turn around and leak it to everyone, it’s fair to be called out on it. 

Really I’m surprised I’m not hearing about legal action. Are TPC going that far?

55 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I think it’s fair, honestly. If you’re trusted with confidential details about something and then turn around and leak it to everyone, it’s fair to be called out on it. 

Really I’m surprised I’m not hearing about legal action. Are TPC going that far?

They'd probably get more money out of suing this guy than they spent on developing Sword and Shield. awesome;

Welp, that reviewer won't be getting any new gigs soon. Sure, FNintendo already lost their relationship with Nintendo Portugal by the time they kicked the reviewer out, but it's to also protect whatever relations with other companies they got left. This sucked for all parties involved.

Edited by avalonknight
5 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

The thing is these guys have been trusted with Nintendo for 11yrs and they had a great relationship. From what I heard on GX video that the reviewer was new and he thought he should leak the game.

I feel bad for F Nintendo but because of that one dude their 11 year relationship meant nothing and at the same time ruin any journalist chance to trust Nintendo/TPC even more with their games to review.

Overall this kind of conclusion and example of announcing the leaker is bad business for all.

14 hours ago, DLurkster said:

The thing is these guys have been trusted with Nintendo for 11yrs and they had a great relationship. From what I heard on GX video that the reviewer was new and he thought he should leak the game.

I feel bad for F Nintendo but because of that one dude their 11 year relationship meant nothing and at the same time ruin any journalist chance to trust Nintendo/TPC even more with their games to review.

Overall this kind of conclusion and example of announcing the leaker is bad business for all.

Frankly it was kind of dumb to give such a sensitive job to a random new guy. They should have had a senior staffer do it. 

I’m afraid I don’t understand the “bad business” comment. Do you just mean it’s a sucky situation?

@Tyranogre: Ooh, I found the perfect meme for this...

AE46464D-6700-468B-83B9-B85A2C4F0539.jpeg

54 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Frankly it was kind of dumb to give such a sensitive job to a random new guy. They should have had a senior staffer do it. 

I’m afraid I don’t understand the “bad business” comment. Do you just mean it’s a sucky situation?

@Tyranogre: Ooh, I found the perfect meme for this...

AE46464D-6700-468B-83B9-B85A2C4F0539.jpeg

I agree they shouldn't gave it to a new guy but if he understood what comes with NDA, that isn't something to take lightly. Reviewer or the publication.

Also, if new guy can understand or just dismiss the NDA the same can be said with a senior journalist to a lesser degree. What it comes down to when reviewing games is that can subjective in what is said. I would say that is the only important thing but it doesn't hurt if they have interest, you don't want a review of something that is devoid passion for the game.

Honestly, with that point, that should be the only differing reason why new staffer or senior would review a game outside they heed NDA.

And when I said bad business, yes, I mean a suck situation for all.

@DLurkster My point is that a senior staffer is a safer bet: more skin in the game, better known by the management, etc. To give a sensitive project to a new nobody is just silly. It’s not really about anybody being able to just ignore NDAs so much as it is a game of trust in my view. Obviously anyone can break the rules at any time: it’s all about who is most likely to do so. A new nobody with no attachments per say is honestly exactly who I’d expect to care least about that kind of thing.

And are you really suggesting that at a publication with Nintendo literally in their title, that only one staff member, and a new guy no less, is the only one they could trust to do a good job with that review of the newest Pokémon game? I really doubt that, sorry. They just made a poor decision. It’s a shame and all but I really can’t say I am surprised.

20 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

@DLurkster My point is that a senior staffer is a safer bet: more skin in the game, better known by the management, etc. To give a sensitive project to a new nobody is just silly. It’s not really about anybody being able to just ignore NDAs so much as it is a game of trust in my view. Obviously anyone can break the rules at any time: it’s all about who is most likely to do so. A new nobody with no attachments per say is honestly exactly who I’d expect to care least about that kind of thing.

And are you really suggesting that at a publication with Nintendo literally in their title, that only one staff member, and a new guy no less, is the only one they could trust to do a good job with that review of the newest Pokémon game? I really doubt that, sorry. They just made a poor decision. It’s a shame and all but I really can’t say I am surprised.

Yeah, it's silly and I guess anyone with common sense would make someone who's been with the publication longer write the review but common sense isn't common as ppl say it is.

Also, despite my position it is unfortunate it went this way but I like to give ppl the benefit of the doubt. When something like this occurs beyond one foresight, one would have learn from said experience and move on. Once I know trust has been betrayed I'm not foolish enough to keep ties, depending on the severity. I'm aware of what my actions and decisions up to that point, that is a consequence of that view. From there strict action should be deployed, equal of that of the misdeed.

That's how I view this relationship and punishment.