Pokemon Home details released

4 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

The premium plan isnt worth a full year.....maybe for one month to move everything.  Most of those features should already be in the game. :(

Problem is I want to keep my living dex but can't store everything on Sword.

So, I take it the basic plan is free? Only storing 30 PKMN isn’t much, but it might be worth using for PKMN GO (when available). 

Yeah, I agree with @Youngster Joey that the premium plan should be no more than $10 a year. I assume this isn’t going over well, especially with the Nat Dex/ DLC controversy in SW and SH. 

Edited by alienboyva

so they removed the GTS from SWSH just to put it back in Home?? what happens if you stop paying for premium, they just pick 30 random pokemon to save and the rest are trashed??

why...would i pay for this? y; 16 bucks a year isn't expensive, but for something i'd likely use as much as pokemon bank (once a year, maybe twice), it really seems like a good way to gouge more money from fans for very very little positives.

41 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Well, at least all my old friends from Sapphire to Ultra Moon can enjoy their retirement in Alola. They had a good 17-year run.

ignoring your disgustingness, this is kind of the mindset i have now; i have pokemon all the way back from sapphire that i've saved as well and at this point, they might as well just stay where they are...forever, assuming that this is what we get from now on. these are features that should be in the game we're already paying 60+ dollars for.

at most, i could see myself buying a month's worth of premium, moving over the absolute favorites i have stored, and then being done with it...assuming the pokemon I love and cherish are even in whatever games come next. What a ripoff. y; 

adding on, i think, as a paid service, its a step in the right direction to allow you to pay month by month as opposed to being forced to pay for a full year, but real talk if they can't afford to put every single pokemon in every single game anymore, they should stop making new fuckin pokemon

im not gonna pay 16 bucks a year for a service that does me so little good

why would i even want to wonder trade via boxes? isnt the appeal to use it in-game? why would i want a mystery gift put into a box application?? and BP??? these are things that have specific in-game use, why would i want to take the extra step in moving them from Home to whatever games they go to?

half of this stuff is useless in a seperate application and the other half is stuff that should and has been in the games we're already playing, i just don't get it!!

Wasn't Pokemon Bank introduced to the solution to this problem to begin with? There's no reason for Home to even exist like this when we could just have "Bank+", where Bank subscribers would be included in the premium plan of $5 a year.

At this stage, I'm more concerned as to when they may cut off support for Bank. Hopefully it'll last another two or three years.

Edit: I think I resigned to the fact Gen 7 may be a stop gap for me with the series when the Pokemon cut was announced. This is where we're at with Pokemon. Game Freak fails to deliver a satisfying Pokemon experience for long-time fans and consumers. It's no longer a joke that GF develops games with one step forward, two steps back.

Edited by Youngster Joey
2 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Pricing is terrible. Shouldn't be any more than $10 to let you store a floppy drive worth of Pokemon.

I'll be sticking with Bank for as long as I can. Hopefully in two years I can use more than 700 Pokemon in the current games.

YIKES. That's a good point. $16 a year!? Seriously!? When even $5 for Bank was excessive!?

A Pokemon is only about 136 bytes, apparently. So even if you max out your storage of 6000, your $16 is not buying even A SINGLE MEGABYTE of storage. Compare that to Google Drive, which will give me 100 GB for a similar price. Game Freak's storage is over 100,000 times more expensive than Google's worst deal.

Game Freak continues to charge absurdly premium prices for features which should be free, for games which are severely underdeveloped as it is. You would THINK that, with Pokemon being the single most profitable IP in the world, they could afford to give consumers a quality experience. Their business tactics just get progressively filthier.

56 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

You would THINK that, with Pokemon being the single most profitable IP in the world, they could afford to give consumers a quality experience. Their business tactics just get progressively filthier.

How do you THINK Pokemon became the single most profitable IP in the world? With "filthy" business tactics like these, obviously.

I'm definitely not a fan of the price, but if this is supposed to be the next method of storage for the games moving forward, of course they will price it the way they did to make up for the "cut Pokemon" fiasco.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

YIKES. That's a good point. $16 a year!? Seriously!? When even $5 for Bank was excessive!?

A Pokemon is only about 136 bytes, apparently. So even if you max out your storage of 6000, your $16 is not buying even A SINGLE MEGABYTE of storage. Compare that to Google Drive, which will give me 100 GB for a similar price. Game Freak's storage is over 100,000 times more expensive than Google's worst deal.

Game Freak continues to charge absurdly premium prices for features which should be free, for games which are severely underdeveloped as it is. You would THINK that, with Pokemon being the single most profitable IP in the world, they could afford to give consumers a quality experience. Their business tactics just get progressively filthier.

I don't know or use Google Drive but when you make the comparison with Pokemon Bank annual price that is expensive. Before that was mentioned I honestly wonder why some though $5 a year is expensive.

But as Surge mentioned, Pokemon as the company wouldn't be company they are if they didn't think their IP is how they charge for their service and not necessarily the data. I'm not standing for them charging $16 a year I think it is outrageous too but compared to the $5 a year with what they think their IP cost as service wasn't that bad.

If they didn't have free option, this whole Pokemon Home would be received much worse. Holy shit Pokemon, WTF man?!?