The Paper Mario and Metroid coming 2020 rumor mill + ?

50 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

I'm not convinced the Chozo art revelation necessarily points to a Fusion remake per se, just that there's a plot point to address in some future game. Unless I'm missing something fairly important, it doesn't necessarily have to be addressed during Fusion.

That was my mistake and why I asked how Samus Returns relates to a Fusion remake.  I was focused on the Chozo art which had me confused without thinking about the ending of the game itself.

25 minutes ago, Kezay said:

That was my mistake and why I asked how Samus Returns relates to a Fusion remake.  I was focused on the Chozo art which had me confused without thinking about the ending of the game itself.

But the ending just teases the X Parasites. That doesn't necessarily point to a Fusion remake, either- it just foreshadows Fusion. 

19 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

But the ending just teases the X Parasites. That doesn't necessarily point to a Fusion remake, either- it just foreshadows Fusion. 

I understand, especially considering what it teases and how it ties into it.  Doesn't necessarily mean Fusion is up next or should be up next as a result in terms of remakes.  It's kind of a "if you know...THEN YOU KNOW" moment when it happens.

Teasing the X-Parasite threat doesn't mean Fusion should be remade, but if there were another remake next, Fusion should get the nod due to that tease and overall easier expectations to meet compared to Super if they deviated. It would be better to have a new Metroid game though since it is going on 3 years since MSR released. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/rumour_the_major_switch_title_this_holiday_season_could_have_tires_in_it

Same dude dropping a racing game rumor.

If not Diddy Kong Racing 2 ( inner LOL) that it would have to be a MK game... but with 8 still killing it in sales...  DLC packs for 8DLX or.... MKX?

Upon a further review of the article....  maybe that Star Fox racing game is/was real?  I doubt an ExciteBike/Truck/Bots would be considered a 4th Q title....

Edited by purple_beard
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:11 PM, Tyranogre said:

Another factor is accessibility.

Fusion is currently only available on the Wii U virtual console, whereas Super is not only on the N3DS, but also free to anyone with a Switch online membership.

After talking about this with someone recently, one they I realized they could do is simply port the original Fusion, that adds the ability to skip the monologues/dialogues which was always the bane of speedrunners like myself, and give the hard mode difficulty on top of that which for some reason was exclusive to the Japanese version... Can't believe I forgot to bring that up here before, but that never sat right with me either, especially as a hardcore Fusion player.

If they just did that, it would diminish the need of an MSR esque Fusion remake for me, though I'd still be cool with that too, but if they just did the aforementioned method of an enhanced Fusion port, it wouldn't require much effort.

Y'know with the recently rumored Resident Evil 4 remake, it's making some people (myself included) dread a possible era of game remakes that are in no way warranted, but will happen anyway because they know it'll make money and diehard fans of the original will just eat them up (nothing about RE4 to me needs a modern touch). The industry's already been heavily reliant on remakes in general as of late (Final Fantasy 7, etc), so that's saying something. I could see a Super Metroid remake being an eventuality in such an era no matter how little it needs to happen, not that it's a precedent I really want.