General Anime/Manga Thread

April

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

>watching Hajimete no Gyaru

>first frame of the first episode is a five-second pantyshot

I'm in for a treeeeeeeat! theydonothing;

It really was a treat.

Behind all the pantyshots, innuendos, and out-of-place political references in the dub, there's a surprisingly heart-felt romance here.

Although the MC's primary goal is to get laid, he's not willing to cross any lines that would make his girlfriend uncomfortable, unlike his pervy friends and the final boss.

Out of all the trashy harem shows I've watched, this one probably had the most heart.

• 3 weeks later...

Continuing to watch old stuff here, though at least this old stuff is within the last 10 years! 

I had previously seen season one of Medaka Box, and just watched Abnormal. I'd describe it as a damn shame, which is weird because I wasn't wowed by it. While perfectly fine, the ending just stands out, far more than everything leading up to it. It feels like it's on the cusp of getting good, and then it ends. This seems to be the general reaction from folks online: apparently, the manga really picks up with the next arc, which never got animated. 

Prior to the name change, this month's chat thread referenced the Gold Saucer. Got me thinking about another Saucer, the one and only Dick Saucer from Dragon Half, a zany comedy anime from the 90's. Honestly, this is mostly just an excuse to type Dick Saucer, which is an amazing name.

Putting Dick aside, I really enjoyed Dragon Half. It's frantic silliness and goofy fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious if any of you know of a way to get a Region 1 copy of GitS SAC Solid State Society on BR.

Lets say that due to a curious turn of events a while back, I managed to get all of the GitS stuff I previously had just on dvd in BR form and that is the only title I am lacking.  From where I know to search, it seems like its out of print.

8 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Just curious if any of you know of a way to get a Region 1 copy of GitS SAC Solid State Society on BR.

Lets say that due to a curious turn of events a while back, I managed to get all of the GitS stuff I previously had just on dvd in BR form and that is the only title I am lacking.  From where I know to search, it seems like its out of print.

you want a real copy? or just a rip?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me, or does the Crunchyroll app on Roku (or Crunchyroll in general) not have as many English dubs that I thought it would have, unless im just getting unlucky....?

So far everything I’ve checked have been Japanese with English subtitles...

Getting bloody annoying honestly

Though i did poke around on what i saved on my list on Netflix so i guess I’ll work on that - it’s something at least, i guess

Wonder what other channels I might’ve overlooked that have Anime available on them..

Ended up picking Angel Beats at random and just finished watching it not long ago tonight...

Not sure why i started with a series with some of theof the more heart wrenching moments, though...  😢 

But good anime overall regardless  - probably one of the few series ive watched so far an actual rating of 10.. so far I haven’t rated any series