Pokemon Direct - 01.09.2020 - 6:30AM PT / 9:30AM AT

My more level-headed expectations are that of Pokemon Home and Pokemon Sleep info and release dates, maybe an  announcement of an upcoming Wild Area event in Sword/Shield.

My shot-in-the-dark expectations are that we get Sinnoh remakes or, dare I say it, a Colosseum remake confirmed.

Kind of disappointing if this is the only direct this month. Nothing against Pokemon, but with it being the first direct of the year I was hoping for a bit of a 2020 preview or something.  It to mention any sort of word or reveal for fighter 5 in Smash. 

Edited by Igneous42

I certainly hope they take this time to explain Home given all the opaqueness so far around how it will work as it’s own thing. Really don’t care about Sleep but that’s a likely candidate too, of course. 

I wish we got another Colo, but with the current climate and direction I think it’s sadly never gonna happen. :( 

Yeah, Thursday Pokemon direct will most likely be about Pokemon Home. But I believe this is the fist time a Pokemon Direct has been this long. I think the longest we has one was 12 minutes and the shortest at 6 minutes. They cannot pull a sakurai and explain Pokemon Home for 10 minutes and show off the next gen remake for another 10 minutes?!?

To my knowledge, I do not believe they every revealed next remake at this time of the year, they do so in at earliest May or just show it at E3 direct.

Welp, any sort of direct is better than no direct at all but I'm pretty sure we not gonna see a regular direct this month. I cannot recall if we had game theme direct and normal one in the same month. If so a normal direct is next month.

I agree with others saying that the first ND of the year should be a a full Direct. However, I am curious to hear more about PKMN Home and PKMN Sleep, even though I may not use them. As for PKMN Sleep, I'm not sure if this is something TPC would want to talk about on their own or something they'd want to include in a ND. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nintendo the one making the sleep device for PKMN Sleep (like with the PKMN GO PLUS for PKMN GO)? I'm pretty sure this is what became of their QoL project that was said to be a sleep device. So, having PKMN Sleep in a ND would make sense.

I still expect a full ND to come later this month or early next.

2 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Nothing against Pokemon myself, but with things like a new Animal Crossing game set to come out in over two months and anything else we don't know about yet, wouldn't it have been smarter to do a full ND instead of just one focusing on Pokemon?

This seems a bit confusing.

With Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it seems Nintendo wants to release little bits of info here and there leading up to release. I mean, they recently released a few new pieces of artwork and screenshots, plus a teaser video, witch gave us our first look at the box art for the game. I expect a new trailer in the with a bit of new info in the next ND and then a full on info dump in an AC Direct in early to mid March.

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I bet we get #5 Smash character as a new Pokemon out of Sword/Shield.

MAGNOLIA

Has a Champion Time!

Or they finally give us that awesome hack I once saw, of Rosalina & Luma replaced with Lillie and Nebby. Look, I just want a trainer who goes full Yugioh 5D's, ditching the game to just go punch their opponents. Instead we'll probably get 20 minutes of Home, Masters, and those Facebook games. It's too soon to announce Let's Go Johto, and we're never getting another Stadium/PBR for a number of reasons.

2 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

Here's the embed for the Direct. I'll have to watch it after work.

Perfect!

We had a snow day at the office yesterday and a meeting got reschedule to start just before the Direct so I can't watch it live

Fuckin' sweet! Because paying $80 for an undercooked Pokemon game wasn't enough, now we get to pay even more!

They also spoiled every last new Pokemon and Gigantamax form they possibly could, just to ensure that we don't accidentally have some kind of new experience or something. I looked away, but I still saw a ton because I couldn't believe just how many continued to be spoiled.

Every time the presenters were like, "There's so much to do in Galar!" No there isn't. "So many new discoveries!" That you obsessively spoil in the least exciting ways possible. "Fierce battles!" that you can win with your eyes closed.

Months ago, I suggested to one of my friends that one of the reasons so many Pokemon were cut was so they could be sold back to us as DLC. It's something video game companies love doing this days: remove content seen in previous installments and sell it back to you. You see this in fighting games a lot. Oh, that fan favorite character from the previous game? They're not in the base game, they're the exclusive DLC character you get for ordering the Season Pass.

Obviously, there is more to the expansion packs that the 200-plus previously unavailable Pokemon, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.