Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

I hope we get new amiibo, because I love spending money and I love animal crossing! I have a small collection of the cards and I'd love to make more use of 'em in NH....though because I have only a small collection of the cards, I kinda hope they never do that again, because I think cards are a poor substitute for amiibo figures, and now they're impossible to find. y; 

speaking of the renders, they look amazing (obviously) but I actually kinda don't like how the sheep all look stuffed into their shirts, like the clothes almost don't fit them lmao

they're less fluffy now and I liked them more before.....but they still look really good and I can't wait to see Vesta in all her HD glory ;_;

WOW! I really hope this rumor is false, because with not having cloud saves, this would be pretty shitty. I get they don't want people to "cheat" using cloud saves and what not, but what if something happens to your Switch? ...All that time spent in AC, just gone! DAMN IT, NINTENDO! Just let people play how they want! Save data is way more important than people cheating...in AC of all games (a mainly singleplayer game, where you're encouraged to play how you like).

EDIT: 

To lighten the mood, I'm just gonna leave this here...

OK, that's pretty cute. I wonder if other animals have paw prints on their feet..?

Edited by alienboyva

As for cloud saves, I still think they should reverse their stance on it, because like I said, AC is a mostly singleplaer game where you're encouraged to play however you like. Who cares if people cheat! Some people always time travel... If you're so against cheating in AC, Nintendo, why haven't you done something to stop TTing in the past? It's just kind of BS that we're paying for cloud saves and in first-party games that you'd want cloud saves the most (Splatoon 2, *PKMN SH/SW, AC:NH), because how much time you put into these games (up to years even), Nintendo is like "NOPE!" *Sigh* If only the Switch had local saves like every other system, or just saved data to the game card like DS/3DS games. :( 

*I get the reason for PKMN not having cloud saves, but they should have found a way around it.

Edited by alienboyva

If the rumor is true about the save transfer, wouldn't it be because the island is connected to the Switch since it's one Island per Switch? Meaning if multiple people play the game on the same system and one of them transfers their user data to another Switch, the AC data won't matter since they have to make a different island.

The nature of the game wouldn't allow cloud saves anyway since the island would be changing while you aren't playing. Player interactions stay with the Animals you meet. They move away to other people's towns or islands and still bring other players up in conversation. Cloud saves are the bane of Mr. Resetti's existence.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, alienboyva said:

As for cloud saves, I still think they should reverse their stance on it, because like I said, AC is a mostly singleplaer game where you're encouraged to play however you like. Who cares if people cheat! Some people always time travel... If you're so against cheating in AC, Nintendo, why haven't you done something to stop TTing in the past? It's just kind of BS that we're paying for cloud saves and in first-party games that you'd want cloud saves the most (Splatoon 2, *PKMN SH/SW, AC:NH), because how much time you put into these games (up to years even), Nintendo is like "NOPE!" *Sigh* If only the Switch had local saves like every other system, or just saved data to the game card like DS/3DS games. :( 

*I get the reason for PKMN not having cloud saves, but they should have found a way around it.

I don't know how rampant cheating is in Switch games but from a certain perspective I can understand the limitations in regards to games like Splatoon.  The cheating in Splatoon on Wii U eventually grew to the point that in my waning time with the game I ran into them numerous times during a play session whereas prior to that point I might see one every now and again.  I get the argument that people are going to cheat so might as well be more open and just deal with things on the back end and then I think back to those times where some of the more popular online games on past Nintendo consoles became so rife with cheaters that unless you were playing with friends then it was little more than an exercise in frustration playing any other way.

THANK YOU, NINTENDO! 😭

*To add to the news story above* ⬆ @0:05 you can see on the title screen is says '(-) Save Data Settings', so maybe they added backups via in-game (to avoid cheating) after the initial backlash when it was reviled AC:NH would not support cloud saves.

Edited by alienboyva

That's great that Nintendo realized how insane it was to not put cloud save with this game.

A little on the 11th hour. I just hope it's not like when we had to wait for months for the multiplayer with friends on Super Mario Maker 2. Like even tho that should of been there from the start. Did they had no framework why it took that long or was it really problematic to put in why it took that long after launch?

Cloud saves is a must that should be there at launch and no later.

So.... hate me all you want. I've secured a preorder of the special edition Switch through BOTH Amazon.com and Amazon.ca and made an eBay listing. However, I'm only selling one (I think that's all you can sell for preorders). The plan is keep the one based on where the winning bidder lives for free shipping.

All that being said, if anyone here missed out and wants one I can sell you the other for cost+paypal fees (shipping may or may not be free depending on where you live and how the auction goes)

I plan to get this eventually but I want Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX much more next month over AC and double coin offer on PMD. Have some GS gift cards leftover from my birthday last year but not quite enough to cover the cost so maybe will wait but I haven't even seen anything for a GS pre-order bonus. Target's bonus seems kinda cool actually but I was almost going to crack on it cause I thought AC was also offering double coins but it was just the pre-load message.

• alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🏝️AC:NH Direct - 2/20 @ 9am ET

Added the info about the Direct to the OP and will update it with the recording for those that couldn't watch live, once it's available.

I'm really looking forward to this! :)  Here's what I want to hear about the most...

• The main buildings/shops (Nook's Shop, Museum, The Roost, etc): Do we have to build these or will they be on a separate mini island?
  • The online: What new social features will be added? Are the mini-games from NL back?
  • Customization: Did they go all out with the customization features? What new Customization features are there for your house/island/character? Can we add custom patterns to pants or even shoes now?
  • The NSO app: We already know it will be used for NH, but will be used just for voice chat or something more like Spalatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate?
  • Sharing patterns: How will this work, since the Switch can't scan QR codes like the 3DS. Will sharing patterns be handled via the NOS app?
  • Harvey's role: In the main artwork for the game (the extended box art pic) we can see Harvey's cabin has a camera icon on it. He must have something to do with photography... Will there be photo challenges? Will he let us turn screenshots into pics the can be displayed in our house (placed on tables/hung on walls)?
  • Isabelle's role: On the box art we can she's wearing the same style of shirt as Tom Nook/Timmy and Tommy... Does she work for them now? Or will she have a similar role as in NL and help out the player character?
  • The Mayor: Will your island have a Mayor? Are YOU the mayor again?
  • Younger versions of special characters: In various artwork/merch we've seen younger versions of characters like Chip and Joan. Are all the special characters being replaced with their younger counterparts?
  • The journal from GameCube version: Will it return? This would be a great thing to have, especially when visiting friends islands online/via local-wireless. Target is offering an AC:NH journal as a pre-order bonus, so it makes me wonder
  • Sending mail to friends: Can we send letters/presents to our friend's from our own towns? It kind of defeats the point when you have to go to a friend's town to do this.
  • Swimming/Boating: Is the wetsuit back form NL, so can go swimming and diving for sea creatures? Can we craft our own boats so we can go out fishing on the ocean? On the back of the Special Edition AC:NH Switch it has a pic of a sailboat, so it makes me wonder.
  • amiibo: We know the game will support them, but how will they work? Will they work the same way as in NL's Welcome amiibo update or do something more? Which non-AC amiibo will be supported? Will there be a be new line of AC:NH amiibo (figures and/or cards)?
  • Save data back-ups (NSO members): How exotically will this work, since it's not using the Switch's cloud save feature? What kind of limits/restrictions will there be (if any)?

*MOST IMPORTANT* Will my boy DJ K.K. return? They brought him back as a special character/item in Pocket Camp, so...

Spoiler

image.png.8c6293c560b71d0340ee481ea8eab938.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by alienboyva

I'm curious to know about buildings and shops that will be around in New Horizons and how long they'll take to come around. I'm thinking New Horizons will be a grind to get certain establishments available like New Leaf, but I hope it's not as time consuming for some of the more standard locations. I dropped New Leaf and went back to Wild World at around 25 hours. Right now, I'm still into Wild World, so I'm looking to see if this Direct will convince me on New Horizons. It would help if New Horizons can stay active after in-game 11pm.