Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

23 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

So, I’m trying to raise my islad rating to get K.K. to come... How many residents to I have to have (I currently have 6) and do I have to pluck all the weeds from my cliffs as well? I kind of want to leave them there   incase I need weeds for DIY projects and plus, I like the way it looks, since that’s what I consider the wilderness are of the island. 

You don't have to pluck all the weeds! I know I left them up there (biodiversity ftw)

I had about 8 villagers, just try to get a 3* rating. Place some furniture outdoors, spread flowers all over, that sort of thing

Edited by Carl321
23 hours ago, Carl321 said:

- The house for New Horizons has smaller rooms than New Leaf. I was hoping they'd expand with the final upgrade or something but based on what I've read those side rooms are stuck at 6x6. Way too small.

- There's a LOT less furniture in this game. Things were feeling a bit repetitive but I attributed that to my Nook's Cranny thinking it'd get more furniture as it expanded. From what I've heard New Leaf had 1700 pieces of furniture and this game has less than half of that. I miss my sci-fi set T_T

I'm hoping that house size and furniture availability will change with future updates.

Wow! Really? :( 

This is making  New Leaf look like the better game. Though, to be fair, most of the furni sets in NL were the same sets we've been collecting since the original GameCube game. I don't get why they decided to nerf house size so much. Was it because they thought having a ton of storage, fans wouldn't mind having a smaller house than in NL? As for the lack of furni compared to NL, I have no clue why they decided to limit it so much. Come to find out, they've been working on the NH since NL launched, so they should have been able to include way more furni/items.

I'm hoping this will change with future updates as well. I'm not sure what their plans are for future updates, besides, holidays and of course, bug fixes. Though, if we're vocal enough they might fix the house size and less fruni issues. Hell, it worked for being able to play with friends online in Super Mario Maker 2. BTW, this is the same team the worked on the Splatoon games for Wii U and Switch. As you know they love supporting the game post launch by adding new stuff via free updates, so maybe they wanted to do the same with AC? 

Oh...I also heard that people have been complaining that there's a severe lack of tables in NH. I've yet to feel this myself, as I haven't had a need/want to put a table in my house yet. Though, I think the only tables I have access to right now are a log and rock table (might have a wood one as well), which are DIY projects.

ok so I have my 7th villager is Bea the Dog and 8th Villager is Chief the Wolf. Going to try and see if I can get Kyle a 3rd time on my island so he can be my 9th. I have now finished the Fossil exhibit as I made a ton trades over the past couple of days with people online. Just have to concentrate on finishing the Fish and Bug exhibit so that will take some time but I did managed to score some fish and bugs from someone's southern hemisphere island so that was a plus. Pity I still have no sharks or beetles to show. I do have a ton of butterflies now. The big tank in the first screen still has no fish in it so its going to take a while. 

image0.png

Edited by Juanblue85

Glad I tracked down my amiibo cards so I can choose, if needed, those who will join my island. One of the cards is actually already on my island. Looking through Nintendo's site section covering the amiibo cards, there are no villagers that share my birthday but there are those that are the day before or after. One of the frogs is in my campsite today, don't recall the name right now.

4 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Glad I tracked down my amiibo cards so I can choose, if needed, those who will join my island. One of the cards is actually already on my island. Looking through Nintendo's site section covering the amiibo cards, there are no villagers that share my birthday but there are those that are the day before or after. One of the frogs is in my campsite today, don't recall the name right now.

I'd avoid moving in amiibo villagers for the foreseeable future, except into empty lots.

The amiibo move in is glitched, but it's particularly annoying because it impacts the town who receives the booted villager. The glitch was partially addressed, and iirc presently if you use an amiibo villager to remove a *different* amiibo villager, the person receiving the first amiibo villager instead receives a glitched lot. Deets:

Basically, until all the kinks around amiibo move in is complete, I'd avoid inviting amiibo villagers to move in *except* to empty lots.

Edited by Zora von Genbu
1 hour ago, Zora von Genbu said:

I'd avoiding moving in amiibo villagers for the foreseeable future, except into empty lots.

The amiibo move in is glitched, but it's particularly annoying because it impacts the town who receives the booted villager. The glitch was partially addressed, and iirc presently if you use an amiibo villager to remove a *different* amiibo villager, the person receiving the first amiibo villager instead receives a glitched lot. Deets:

Basically, until all the kinks around amiibo move in is complete, I'd avoid inviting amiibo villagers to move in *except* to empty lots.

oh, good to know y; i was gonna move in poppy via amiibo bc our 10th lot was open but decided to wait it out since i didnt fill w a random...but that ended up in my favor since i found diana on the only island i could afford lol

Dang! What's withe all these game breaking glitches? C'mon, Nintendo! Hopefully they fix this amiibo glitch A.S.A.P.

I just started the process of trying to get Merry to movie in via an amiibo card. She was in my NL town and I'd kinda like to have her back on my NH island, especially since I need more residents to progress things. I'll most likely want to keep her on my island, though to be safe, should I set up a plot for her before I ask her to movie in on the 3rd day?

39 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Dang! What's withe all these game breaking glitches? C'mon, Nintendo! Hopefully they fix this amiibo glitch A.S.A.P.

I just started the process of trying to get Merry to movie in via an amiibo card. She was in my NL town and I'd kinda like to have her back on my NH island, especially since I need more residents to progress things. I'll most likely want to keep her on my island, though to be safe, should I set up a plot for her before I ask her to movie in on the 3rd day?

i'm pretty sure that if you DON'T have a plot set up already, anyone will say no

Yeah, I really hope they fix the amiibo glitch soon in full. In particular, I'm hoping to move out Mac soon for Pierce (whose amiibo card I have) / some other jock I can find. No deep reason, just I don't like doubling up on animals (besides cats), and of my random ten villagers, three of them were dogs (Bae moved out, though). And between my current two dogs, I prefer Cookie (but not so much I wouldn't let her go given the chance).

In the meantime, I'm scanning random amiibo since they sometimes give DIY recipes, so that's nice.

23 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Wow! Really? :( 

This is making  New Leaf look like the better game. Though, to be fair, most of the furni sets in NL were the same sets we've been collecting since the original GameCube game. I don't get why they decided to nerf house size so much. Was it because they thought having a ton of storage, fans wouldn't mind having a smaller house than in NL? As for the lack of furni compared to NL, I have no clue why they decided to limit it so much. Come to find out, they've been working on the NH since NL launched, so they should have been able to include way more furni/items.

I'm hoping this will change with future updates as well. I'm not sure what their plans are for future updates, besides, holidays and of course, bug fixes. Though, if we're vocal enough they might fix the house size and less fruni issues. Hell, it worked for being able to play with friends online in Super Mario Maker 2. BTW, this is the same team the worked on the Splatoon games for Wii U and Switch. As you know they love supporting the game post launch by adding new stuff via free updates, so maybe they wanted to do the same with AC? 

Oh...I also heard that people have been complaining that there's a severe lack of tables in NH. I've yet to feel this myself, as I haven't had a need/want to put a table in my house yet. Though, I think the only tables I have access to right now are a log and rock table (might have a wood one as well), which are DIY projects.

I went back to New Leaf just to check on things and yeah there's a LOT more in it. I reached the ability to change my house's exterior and there's like four options with some color variants. Nothing on the same level as New Leaf. I also made a hacked island on my CFW and used a save editor to unlock all the DIY and items. I'm... not at all impressed. I REALLY hope they add more because this is looking really shallow. I'm loving the game but my house is mostly empty because I can't find anything I want to decorate it with. It's quite frustrating. I gave them the benefit of the doubt in that it's hard to port all those models to the higher quality Switch stuff but if they've been working that long... I don't know.