Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

I'm finally getting my Town Hall (Resident Services building) on Sunday! \(^o^)/ Resident Services is going to be closed all day tomorrow for constriction. Also, I made a new NookPhone case. It's inspired by my IRL phone case. ...And no, my IRL phone case doesn't have an alien on the back (just all black), but I always though it'd be super cool if it did. :P 

Edited by alienboyva

The machine where you can access money or shopping also has an option to redeem Nook Miles, you exchange 2,000 for a ticket and can go to an island. Nook is closed for me today for the upgrade and Gulliver showed up again yesterday so I can't check for rusted parts in the recycling bin. I have all fruits if anyone needs them for planting on their own island so let me know.

1 hour ago, ace said:

The most metal of all fish!

i feel so surprised by some of the animal crossing dialogue lol.
it's always had great localization but this time it straight up feels like it was written natively in english, even if they've always localized the puns

2 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

I never dealt w/ hybrid flowers in NL, so can someone explain how you can get them? The flowers you want to cross need to be next each other?

the most efficient way is in a checkerboard pattern with whatever colors you're attempting to breed

for the most part, its simple color theory (red plus white equals pink) while other common ones are a bit less obvious (white plus white equals purple)

id take a look at this pic to get the colors you want! 

Spoiler

IMG_20200327_203515.thumb.jpg.7a76dcb6268f98469f7f6914433e6eeb.jpg

Yeah, I actually found a translated version of that picture not long ago tonight but thanks. I also found a guide explaining the way to breed which is what you said. I adjusted my small garden areas so maybe I can get more colors. Do you know if it's better to just water the ones you want to breed so that has a better chance than watering all flowers? Though I wonder if it raining in the game affects that as well.

I've seen that some people have gotten a DAL tee in the mail from using Dodo Airlines, so how do I get this? I've already used it to go to a friend's island, had a friend come to my island, used a Nook Miles ticket to go to a random island, and even went to Harvey's island, still no shirt.

Speaking of DAL, can I mention how good the music is when a friend comes to your island? 

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

I've seen that some people have gotten a DAL tee in the mail from using Dodo Airlines, so how do I get this? I've already used it to go to a friend's island, had a friend come to my island, used a Nook Miles ticket to go to a random island, and even went to Harvey's island, still no shirt.

Speaking of DAL, can I mention how good the music is when a friend comes to your island? 

i think the DAL stuff is based on how MANY islands you're visiting; i got it the shirt and eye mask but i mostly visit the wild islands, not inhabited so I'd assume its from those but idk how many

2 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Yeah, I actually found a translated version of that picture not long ago tonight but thanks. I also found a guide explaining the way to breed which is what you said. I adjusted my small garden areas so maybe I can get more colors. Do you know if it's better to just water the ones you want to breed so that has a better chance than watering all flowers? Though I wonder if it raining in the game affects that as well.

if its a sunny day, just water the ones you want breeded I'd say! on rainy days idk if it helps to water them again tho, i haven't noticed any difference with it, but its only been a few days lol

For anyone making a custom NookPhone case, here's a template that shows how custom patterns are applied to phone cases...

I think I'm going to have to edit mine, because I wasn't able to get it exactly how I wanted. I wish I had come across this yesterday, while I customizing my phone case. It sucks that every time you want to customize your phone case, you have to speed 1,800 Nook Miles and wait a day for it to come in the mail (I miss mail coming twice a day. :( ). I really feel this should be something that's added to the custom design app on your NookPhone, like with the pro design editor.

Edited by alienboyva