Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

I've been utilizing the Nook Miles Tickets to gather resources, particularly those pesky iron nuggets. On two instances at night I've run into an island covered in tulips, had a single pond in the middle, and was just an Emperor Butterfly haven. Got 18 to bring home the first time and 17 the second time, making the second loan of 198k Bells really easy to finish paying off. So now I have a second room in the back of my house and am about 1/3 of the way done paying off the ~300k Bell loan and I haven't even gotten the workings for an upgraded Residential Services yet.

I’ve been using the Nook Miles tickets to also stock up on resources. But now that my island has more rocks that it originally had when I started the game, I’m starting to have more stone, clay, and iron nuggets than I seem to need for now. 

Also so be aware when the construction for the Residential Services starts, you can’t access Tom Nook’s machine to spend Nook Miles, shop, or pay off your loan, or deposit or withdraw bells you’ve stored for that day. Which is what I’m currently experiencing. It kinda sucks that they couldn’t have left that machine outside. But then again it’s just for a day. 

I think I’ll open my gate up soon.

edit: Aaaand Closed..

Edited by The Albraskan
1 minute ago, Dancing Mog said:

I've relocated almost every tree that was on the island when I started last Friday, along w/ every kind of fruit I separated them so they are grouped w/ a good distance between them. Should have thought to post my morning turnip price since it was over 550.

That’s smart to relocate your fruit trees. I’m already forgetting which trees are which on my island. 

Also 550 bells is your turnip price today?! Mines only 53, which is the lowest price I’ve seen for this week on my island. None of the prices have been over what I paid for my turnips, which sucks since I can’t store my turnips. If it’s okay, can I ask for your friend code? 

Just a heads up.... Here's all the fish and bugs that won't be available after this month (assuming everyone's island is in the northern hemisphere). *see infographic below* Also, don't for get to chop down some trees and leave the stumps, as some bugs only appear on stumps.

I still need to find a string fish and a sturgeon.

Credit:  https://twitter.com/CelesMeh

9 hours ago, Zora von Genbu said:

No. Turnips probably go bad, but that's it.

Also, Davy ended up getting his own Switch (he had to settle for lite) and own copy because this game really does not lend itself to multiple inhabitants. Later islanders routinely just don't get access to stuff that first islander gets (such as ability to place buildings), which is fine for peeps with a passing interest in the game but makes it hard to share an island.

Yeah, Ty and I have run into this as well...I don't really understand it either. You're telling me 8 people can live on this island but only one can do anything of note? It just seems so poorly designed.

I think New Horizons is a great game, and I'm really enjoying it, but already in the prologue there are SOOOOOO many quality of life features missing that seem so obvious or worse, were better in previous entries. Why can't we access storage in another town? Why can't visitors use the drop off box for Nooks? Why can't other residents place buildings, or even help build the things needed for homes? Why is there no bulk crafting? It just feels like meaningless annoyances.

That said, I think I'll have a lot more GOOD to say about the game once we exit the prologue and get some more freedom. I got used to New Leaf's quirks, I'm sure I can get used to these as well.

2 hours ago, The Albraskan said:

I think one of the items I had in the back of my shop is sold out, and I know I didn’t buy it. It might be for the smaller items in the front only.

That's correct! The front two items are buyable for anyone, multiple times. The back 2 are 'rare' items, so only one person can buy those a day.