Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

14 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

I recruited all three of the villagers I saw on the deserted islands I went to. From what I can remember they were Puddles or Pebbles (some pink girl frog). Veasta? I forgot how it was spelt, something like Vista and Veta combined (she was some average looking sheep. Then a monkey named Simon, he had some pretty weird fur pattern. 

Hide contents

I just stuck with them because according to a GameXplain video, you need to have at least five villagers on your island before you get the town hall.

vesta....also known as the love of my life, my favorite character, my darling, the cutest sheep to ever exist

My early impressions for New Horizons are pretty much the same as Breath of the Wild. Everything has a purpose thanks to the new crafting system. 14 years after playing my first Animal Crossing game and I'm not disappointed to fish up a boot or a tire. I actually want them to expand my customization options with my character and the island. If there's any negative, the player shouldn't have to wait a calendar day for a tool that would allow access to most of the island if they play as intended. The waiting game has turned me off from previous Animal Crossing games I played following Wild World, so I hope it's limited to building and home remodels from tomorrow on. 

13 hours ago, ace said:

I have achieved peak villager

CUTE

16 hours ago, chickadee said:

vesta....also known as the love of my life, my favorite character, my darling, the cutest sheep to ever exist

omg I just saw vesta on an island and invited her IMMEDIATELY i am so excited

Edited by fuzz
1 hour ago, fuzz said:

I'm a dummy and mixed up iron and stone and spent all my iron on upgrading my tools... Time to grind for nookmiles and visit more of the deserted islands!

tbh upgrading my tools early was SO much more worth it than using the iron for anything else, they last waaaay longer than the flimsy stuff, so no regrets here y; 

tho i will say i think the nook miles tickets cost too much; i think 1k woulda been fine and if they didnt want you going all the time, just limit us on how many times we can go in a day...it takes me so long to save up 2k x_x

what's up gang its been a while. I got the latest Animal Crossing and its been a blast. Day 2 now. Got my house, paid the loan and now going for a second upgrade on it, Blathers is in but will be out tomorrow as the Museum is getting built (yay!), Got three fruit growing in my island now (Apples, Pears and Cherries). my Nook tent shop is upgradable but need more 20 more Iron Nuggets to do it so I'll have to go on random island to get more. I'll be getting a new villager from one of the islands which is Bangle the Tiger. I have now been able to upgrade my tools to tier 2.

So day 2, or 3 since the digital midnight release for me was 9PM Thursday, I feel accomplished even knowing there’s lots more to do later. I’m going to put things in the spoiler to be considerate. But if it really doesn’t bother anybody, I might not put in the stuff I’ve done progression wise in the future. 

Spoiler

I got Nook’s Cranny open on my island.

The museum tent is going under construction to become the museum (I hope. I’ve got a lot of donations sitting in my home storage).

Also upgraded the house, and the storage space seems to go up with the house upgrades. I almost have enough bells to pay off this 198,000 bell loan. 

Crafted the materials to make my island’s first bridge. Now I’ve got to wait for it to be constructed. Also would have had it placed a different way, but the game was more strict on how it wanted the bridge to connect than I was expecting. So it kinda ruined some plans.

Also after placing the site to construct the future bridge, I also had to place the sites for my incoming new neighbors’ homes, along with crafting the requested indoor and outdoor furniture they requested. So more DIY recipes! Plus one of the neighbors wanted something that required some of the flowers that are up on my islands upper cliffs, so Tom Nook gave me the DIY recipe for the ladder to go pick some. Seems the ladder doesn’t break, or it’s just really durable. 

Im not sure if placing your neighbors’ homes is triggered if you don’t have three new neighbors moving in at the same time or not since I recruited the first three villagers I saw on the different deserted islands I visited yesterday. I can tell you though that you will need quite a bit of resources if you have three villagers moving in the same time.

Also I’m pretty upset that I can’t get the Doom Slayer’s helmet to look any good on the pattern designer.

I know you can copy QR codes from New Leaf and HHD (from what I read not that it helps me since I hardly touched HHD) with the Switch app (which I still have to download). My problem is I’m using some website that uses pictures you put into it and it does it’s best to turn it into a ACNL pattern. Though the patterns I tried making from that look pretty bad.

31 minutes ago, devilsKnife said:

Sharing an island is dumb as hell lol

Sarah put the new houses down and it literally doesn't even let me contribute the items needed for them because I'm player 2

Why, nintendo

im not even gonna pretend like i don't enjoy being in control, but not if its gonna be just a pain in my ass theydonothing;