Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

4 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

The ESRB listing hints that New Horizons may (or may not) have in-game purchases:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/animal_crossing_new_horizons_might_contain_in-game_purchases

Hopefully we get some clarity from Nintendo on this tomorrow.

The listing for in-game purchases is back? NO! :( 

I would assume this would just be for the option to sign-up for NSO in-game. Though, I would't be surprised if they announced a DLC expansion pass tomorrow, since Nintendo has been on a DLC kick with the Switch and their big games. Not sure how I feel about paid DLC in AC. I don't even want to start thinking about paid DLC, until I've played the game for about a year or two and had a chance to pretty much do/experience everything. If they want to add things to the game, they should do free updates over time, like with Splatoon 2. ...Or just do what they did with New Leaf's Welcome amiibo update and drop a massive free update to get people back in, after most people have stopped playing.

Nintendo accidentally uploaded a new 15 sec. commercial for NH, that was most likely supposed to go live after tomorrow's ND. They have since made the video privet, but that didn't stop the internet from gabbing the entire video while it was up briefly. No real spoilers here, besides some new clothing/accessories and some new furni placed outside, so you can watch with out any worries of spoilers for tomorrows ND. ;) 

Edited by alienboyva
17 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Nintendo accidentally uploaded a new 15 sec. commercial for NH, that was most likely supposed to go live after tomorrow's ND. They have since made the video privet, but that didn't stop the internet from gabbing the entire video while it was up briefly. No real spoilers here, besides some new clothing/accessories and some new furni placed outside, so you can watch with out any worries of spoilers for tomorrows ND. ;) 

Oops.

Things I could see as very minor spoilers for tomorrow's ND...

Spoiler

I really like how the Able Sisters' shop now has a display widow. :) 

Iu8ARKB.png

Nice to see what looks like custom patterns on furni are back. Also, it looks like you can craft furni using birch wood...

Edited by alienboyva

I can't get over how good this game looks! I really like how were building our town from scratch this time around and how they went all out with the customization (we mall ALL the decisions), with letting you even customize the terrain! Well...Nintendo is finally getting me to download the NSO app on my phone. I love how we can scan QR codes from the 3DS games. Speaking of mobile apps, I like how if you have Pocket Camp, you can get some special NH themed items. Too bad the games won't have any real connectivity. It'd be so cool if you could visit yours/others camps/cabins (including going inside your camper) straight from NH. Basically, if you had the game, it'd add a campsite to your island, like the campsite in NL's Welcome amiibo update.

Somethings I'm kind of unsure about...

• Update/Holidays: Are these how holidays will be handled now? Will we see special non-holiday events added via updates?
  • The Post Office: Are Pelly, Phyllis, and Pete not making are return? I would assume you'd get a real post office later, but they didn't show it in the ND.
  • Mail: They said we had to go to Dodo Airlines and use the mailbox thingy there to send mail, but will we be able to send mail/gifts to our friends right from our own islands?
  • Patterns/NSO app: Are patterns only able to be created in-game? It would be pretty convenient to also be able to create patterns using the NSO app and have extra pattern storage via the app. I didn't see an icon for patterns (just scan QR codes), so maybe you can't...? Hopefully this is something they'd add in an update to the app.
  • Character Customization: They showed a player choosing their hair style, so does this mean we can choose exactly how our character looks like in Pocket Camp (no stupid personality questions to get a face), by choosing the hair style/hair color, eyes/eye color, and skin tone? Will we be able to change this at anytime?  Also, does this Shampoodle isn't making a return?
  • House Location: Is the location of your house and animal's houses set-in-stone, like a one time choice? Will we be able to move our house and animals houses whenever we like (like with trees)? This would really suck if you cant, as you island is constantly changing, especially when you can edit the terrain.
  • Island/Character Name: Since there's so much emphasis customizing/changing this whenever you like, will we finally be able to change our island and character names whenever we like? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's official... Isabelle has a far less important role in NH (forever a secretary/assistant)... :( 

*She was so good at running the official Twitter account T_T*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New artwork..

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🏝️AC:NH Direct - Recording now up!

Pre-order bonuses for GameStop (USA),  EB Games (CAN) and Walmart...

Ugghh.....Another poster for a GS pr-order bonus. :(  Though, that's not to say I really like these! I'm not sure which I like the best, but I 'm leaning towards the EB Games one a bit more.  Odd that GS and EB get different posters, though I just wish both of these pics were on the front and back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only once? Ouch!

Seriously, don't get why all of a sudden Nintendo doesn't people cheating in AC of all games. >_>

Edited by alienboyva

The fact that QR scanning is tied to the Nooklink app makes me wonder if there's gonna be a paywall for scanning patterns. It's bad enough they hid save-backups behind a fee, I hope they didn't do the same for transferring my patterns.

Still super excited for this game and can't wait to make all sorts of crazy river layouts!

Yeah that cloud save thing is really dumb, not gonna lie. I was really happy with the rest of the Direct though. :) 

No interest in these preorder bonuses. Wish the bell bag was in Canada, too.

@alienboyvaI am pretty sure they directly mention being able to move your tent/house as the village grows. The question I have is what hoops do we have to jump through to unlock that and the construction feature?

Thankfully I was able to hack my Switch so I can back up saves for free, but still.

Not sure how I feel about DLC events. I'm fine with it if they're just reallocating dev time because events aren't an immediate priority. If they're something that has to be manually triggered each time, though, I'ma be pretty cranky. If I load this game up in 8 years and they stopped activating holidays I'll be really sad. I'm thinking it's just a delayed release of permanent additions, though.

the only thing im really not stoked about is the idea of in-game chat being relegated to the switch app, which is unintuitive and honestly just seems annoying to use. NL had a very functional and easy to use in game chat, why in gods name would i want to replace that w a smartphone app y; 

other than that the direct was great! still bummed about 1 town per switch but i think a lot of the changes they've made seem very fun and give the game a lot of longevity. i'm interested in seeing what they end up doing w events being update-based now instead of just in-game content...might mean we see variants of events, which would be a welcome change imo

Here's a some new footage, with an AMSR vibe. Plus, a bunch of new screens...

I assume the hourly music is back, but seeing this footage it makes me wonder if there will be the option to turn it off to get that full nature feeling?

Hmmm... A lot of these are just screens from the ND.

Edited by alienboyva
46 minutes ago, chickadee said:

the only thing im really not stoked about is the idea of in-game chat being relegated to the switch app, which is unintuitive and honestly just seems annoying to use. NL had a very functional and easy to use in game chat, why in gods name would i want to replace that w a smartphone app y; 

other than that the direct was great! still bummed about 1 town per switch but i think a lot of the changes they've made seem very fun and give the game a lot of longevity. i'm interested in seeing what they end up doing w events being update-based now instead of just in-game content...might mean we see variants of events, which would be a welcome change imo

I'm pretty sure there will be text chat via an on-screen key board like in past games. The text chat via the NOS app seems to be more of a convenience for when playing in docked mode, so you don't have to hook up a USB keyboard to be able to type faster.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

that was neat

I mean, I won't get it personally as these games don't interest me... but it looks like fans will like it

Same here. What I really liked what was shown is remodeling the landscape, like creating ponds and waterfalls. I'm not gonna lie that was the only thing that made me shift in my seat when I watched this direct. I think that is so cool and awesome.

But to get the game for that seems belittling so I'm don't know where I stand really with this game. I knew you can pave pathways but remodeling the landscape was kinda mindblowing.

18 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I'm pretty sure there will be text chat via an on-screen key board like in past games. The text chat via the NOS app seems to be more of a convenience for when playing in docked mode, so you don't have to hook up a USB keyboard to be able to type faster.

thats a nice sentiment, but you don't have anything to back it up like...at all; the only thing we've learned about communicating in game is via the app so like...i'll just keep holding my breath y; 

a bit about the music: i truly wonder if they're going for a more BOTW lowkey feel in terms of the hourly music, because NONE of the clips on the website (things not shown in the direct) have music in them, which i thought was really interesting. the museum clip had some very low music i could hear, but nothing outside except sound effects. i remember thinking MANY times in NL i wish i could just turn the music off, even though i loved it, so i am kinda hoping for some flexibility there! would be an interesting choice since the hourlies are so ingrained in animal crossing, but the games seem so much calmer without music lol

I thought it was mostly a good direct. I felt like it gave us enough details. 

So I’ll have to look through the faq later, but I’m guessing that since the island save data can be backed up once in case of a system accident, we can’t transfer our islands to a new Switch system if we wanted to upgrade our Switch?

Thanks to GameXplain’s video I posted on the next page, my question has been answered.

Edited by The Albraskan
Got an update to my question.