Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

I just made an all orange custom design since that is all my real phone has right now. Sad that the Rover amiibo doesn't work since that is one of the three I have and my amiibo cards are somewhere else. I managed to get up to 16k miles and exchanged them for the Robot and Monster recipes, now trying to make more so I can get the fence recipes that are up right now.

I have so much stuff to cram down Blathers throat when the museum opens.  First bridge, three new houses, plus second tier house as well.  Ran into Wisp as well.

Tarantula Island was a hoot.... I thought one tarantula was bad.  But four at once?  And had two combined before jumping apart was freaky. Hopefully quick vid captured it.

forgot to post in a while. Resident Services has since opened so I can now finally get that good hourly music. Trying to see if I can get Mable to move in but I guess I need to wait a bit longer. I had thought there was a purchase threshhold I needed to fulfill before she can ask to move in. I did my campsite for new villagers that may be interested on the Island and also caught the Oarfish which took me a good week to finally get it and the crazy thing is that since then I caught three of them.

Anyone done the tarantula island to rake in those bells?

Edited by Juanblue85

I’ve been meaning to see what tarantula island is, might as well look that up on YouTube. 

Unrelated, I don’t know why, but most of the clothes that I’ve gotten from balloon presents have either been pink/purplish clothing, skirts, and dresses. I’ve sold most of them guessing nobody on my friends list would need them, but I guess I forgot to sell a red figure-skating dress and a blue dreamy dress. Anyone here want those or should I go ahead and sell them? 

Edit: Also blue striped tights, which I don’t want either.

Edited by The Albraskan
Added in another item

Oh yeah went Tarantula hunting and cane out with quite the haul and just in time before 4am as after that I’ll have to wait for 7pm. Going to wait for Nook’s Cranny to open to get those bells. It was not a Tarantula Island per se but I followed some instructions on the web to make it close to one. Cut all trees and rip stumps out, rip out flowers (not shovel them), destroy all rocks then just go around until they spawn which in my case I had to chase out Tiger Beetles and Wharf Roaches. 

4C67F641-68DE-478B-A54C-CC124F9D8216.jpeg

I was thinking whether to do my first incline or second bridge so in the end I decided on the incline. I moved my house from the beach towards the western part of the island in the green. Once I sell my tarantulas I can pay off the incline and then keep some around for the second bridge tomorrow as sadly I can't have two projects going on at the same time.

I got 400 Turnips at 90 Bells. I have never played before so Turnips are a completely new thing for me so... starting tomorrow, what kind of prices should I be looking for? Obviously if I see 180 Bells that will at least double what I paid but I'm not sure what is a 'good' price for Turnips.

2 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Question:  How do you plant* flowers?  Ive picked flowers to move to other areas, but it seems they drop in pots, not planted.  And if I dig a hole, I can only bury them?

You can no longer pick-up flowers and replant them wherever. In NH, you now have to dig up flowers to before you can replant them. If you try to pick-up a flower like in previous games, it will become a crafting material, which will grow back in a few days.

40 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I got 400 Turnips at 90 Bells. I have never played before so Turnips are a completely new thing for me so... starting tomorrow, what kind of prices should I be looking for? Obviously if I see 180 Bells that will at least double what I paid but I'm not sure what is a 'good' price for Turnips.

I was going to ask the same thing, as I haven't dabbled much in Turnips with the previous games. Mostly because, I didn't want to lose money and the fact that I was rarely on before Joan left at 12pm on Sundays.

I bought 30 Turnips today at 102 bells.

EDIT:

As with real-life stock trading, the exchange rate for turnips fluctuates. The price changes twice a day, first at the beginning of a new in-game day, and again at noon. Selling prices for turnips vary from as low as 15 Bells a turnip to as high as 800, but the most common is between 50 and 200.

🔗https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/White_turnip

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

Not sure highest price, but my highest in NL was 560ish.  You want to check prices in morning and late afternoon.  There are patterns through the week, like low to high, high to low, random, and there could be random spike of unexpected highness.  If your not having a spectacular week on prices, check friends cause they could be.

Also sell before Sunday, and they warn you on this, but nothing worse than losing EVERYTHING on rotted turnips. You cant keep them for a better week.  And time traveling ruins turnips as well.