Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

i can't do bunny event until i patch my rom since i'm stuck on emulator lol
i'm not too fussed about it but it does make me worry a little about the game down the road
if somebody got into new horizons years later, like after the switch service shuts down, would they just get a game void of seasonal events?

that seems really sad. doesn't feel like animal crossing is the type of game that should even have this problem
it took 8 years for a proper follow up to New Leaf, though. and unlike New Leaf, which released pretty early on, Horizons released on the Switch's fourth year.
so it's not hard to imagine this happening to somebody

Yeah I don’t know if I’m the biggest fan of seasonal events being patched in as the game goes on. And I don’t want to sound like I’m saying it’s content light either since I’m 50 hours in so far, but there seems to be a sizable number of things that are just not there...?  Like why are my boys Brewster and Redd left out in the cold?

Edited by ace

My town is an extreme hot mess atm thanks to terraforming. Many trees were killed and planted, for example. I think around Monday I'll be able to put the finishing touches on my town--at least the outside, sans a few pieces of outdoor furniture I want.

I also need to decorate my house, but I'm treating that as a lost cause. I've had awful luck finding good furniture and feel like I'll eventually need to go online for that.

New update is out. 1.1.2

• Fixes glitch in regards to animals not moving away and vacant lots instead remained closed. After the update, any glitched lot will become unoccupied. However, any villagers scheduled to move in will not due to this glitch.

• Fixed issue in where borrowing items from Wilbur would reduce bells as well as Nook Miles.

• Fixed glitch that would stop Tom Nook from asking to move in new Islanders under the glitched lot condition.

• Fixed glitch in where deleting a user under certain conditions would make it impossible to apply for relocation of certain facilities.

• Other minor bugs have been fixed.

Edited by Juanblue85

Hi gang it seems Zipper has left so they will return again on April 12th. I managed to score quite the amount of Bunny Day Recipes as well as some Cherry Blossom related ones. Also if anyone has managed to score a ton of tarantulas and need to sell come to my island as Flick is visiting now so you can get 12,000 bells for each tarantula than the 8,000 from Nook's Cranny. give me a holler so I can open the gates.

With respect to terraforming, do we know what makes a pond a pond (I.e. what parameters a body of water needs to have to spawn pond fish)?

I want to make a lake in my town, primarily for aesthetics but also for convenience of catching pond fish, but ensure if it'll end up spawning river fish due to, say, being so large the game thinks it's a river.

4 minutes ago, Zora von Genbu said:

With respect to terraforming, do we know what makes a pond a pond (I.e. what parameters a body of water needs to have to spawn pond fish)?

I want to make a lake in my town, primarily for aesthetics but also for convenience of catching pond fish, but ensure if it'll end up spawning river fish due to, say, being so large the game thinks it's a river.

since you're unable to move where the river ends, i would assume that if its not touching the mouth directly or via the river thats already in place, it would count as a pond

i've seen very large ponds on islands that spawn pond fish, and they had mini islands in the middle of them, but were not connected to a river mouth

4 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

By the by, anybody else notice that Zipper, or whatever the Easter bunny’s name is in this game, dances only when they see you nearby then sighs when you get far enough away? I think that’s a neat touch.

yes! he did that in new leaf too, tho i find it hard to get him off screen in a way that makes him do it lol

i hate zipper....bro doesn't even like his job, what are you even doing here...