Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

I think I will be joining the New Horizons club now. :) 

Switch Friend Code: SW-6731-3456-9408

6682B435-FDDF-4E09-ABEA-226A3DA6990A.thumb.png.757e946943d81a2c641e2aad24a6d00f.png

I have the Museum and first bridge now, as well as Nook’s Cranny. The ability to explore the whole island and deposit stuff in the Museum has improved my life drastically.

Scanning QR codes in is great fun, although some of my older patterns cannot be transferred as they are super old and not made by in game characters so New Leaf won’t let me turn them into QR codes... Oh well.

29 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Normal bamboo or young bamboo? I think I got the same DIY recipe, but I have no idea where you get the star fragments.

Well right now they’re bamboo sprouts or whatever they’re called. What does the recipe call for exactly?

Star fragments are indeed from shooting stars. Make a wish and you get one the next day. Or so I hear.

Star fragments you get after wishing upon shooting stars during a meteor shower. If it is a clear night and you find Blathers' sister Celeste wandering around your island, it means you should spend some time looking up at the sky by pushing the right stick up and not moving. As long as you are not holding a tool in your hands, you can press the A Button when a star streaks across the sky and it will shine brighter before disappearing. Also note that if you see one star, you'll likely see upwards of four more stars immediately afterwards and can occur multiple times throughout the night. When you have wished upon as many stars as you want, the next day you will find the star fragments lying on the beach every time you enter and exit a loading area (aka a new building).

I got 14 star fragments but didn't get a single large star fragment which is needed for my star wand recipe so I can swap out outfits as I desire.

Pretty sure I saw a shooting star last night but didn't realize what I needed to do. Was raining in game so I was able to find a few bugs and fish I didn't have. I actually played down to 1% battery just a bit again getting the message the Switch will go into sleep mode soon so it is docked now.

yeah, you can get shooting stars outside of meteor showers, but they're a lot more rare and you're not likely to see a bunch at a time

my buddy saw one in my town but i missed it and we sat around waiting for like 5 minutes and didn't see anymore lol

can't wait to see celeste tho :3

I haven’t had the chance to see Celeste yet, but one late night I ran into Whisp. After getting his embers, he asked me for a choice of an item I didn’t have yet or an expensive item. I think I chose the expensive option but he gave me a customizable table lamp, and said something about not really knowing how much it was worth. So I guess when he ask you which kind of item you want, he doesn’t even seem to know about what he’s giving you, I guess...

3 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Star fragments you get after wishing upon shooting stars during a meteor shower. If it is a clear night and you find Blathers' sister Celeste wandering around your island, it means you should spend some time looking up at the sky by pushing the right stick up and not moving. As long as you are not holding a tool in your hands, you can press the A Button when a star streaks across the sky and it will shine brighter before disappearing. Also note that if you see one star, you'll likely see upwards of four more stars immediately afterwards and can occur multiple times throughout the night. When you have wished upon as many stars as you want, the next day you will find the star fragments lying on the beach every time you enter and exit a loading area (aka a new building).

I got 14 star fragments but didn't get a single large star fragment which is needed for my star wand recipe so I can swap out outfits as I desire.

Huh... I had a meteor shower last night and wished on quite a few stars, but Celeste wasn't in my town. However, Wisp showed up, so this must be why...?

I managed to get 11 Star Fragments and one Aries Fragment. 

I discovered that animals can now do this...

I just plopped down that cassette player and put on some music... Axel walked by, noticed it, started dancing, and then started singing.

Edited by alienboyva
On 3/22/2020 at 3:59 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Has the game punished you for doing it so far?

No. Turnips probably go bad, but that's it.

Also, Davy ended up getting his own Switch (he had to settle for lite) and own copy because this game really does not lend itself to multiple inhabitants. Later islanders routinely just don't get access to stuff that first islander gets (such as ability to place buildings), which is fine for peeps with a passing interest in the game but makes it hard to share an island.

Going back to New Leaf, I found some drastic things that will maybe make me appreciate that game a little more. 

-Some NPCs, like Reese and Cyrus. 

-Gone are the collectible paintings and deep sea creatures. 

-The hourly songs. 

-The cafe. 

-Being mayor. 

-A lot of fruit options.  

-Some collectible furniture. 

-How much my museum is filled up with.  

-Gyroids. Those weird things. 

I think New Leaf still the most to offer so far, while New Horizons still has enough to make it stand tall with New Leaf. I guess less is more, and more is less?  

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
1 hour ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

-The hourly songs. 

-Being mayor.

I think New Leaf still the most to offer so far, while New Horizons still has enough to make it stand tall with New Leaf. I guess less is more, and more is less?  

• Hourly songs aren't gone, they just start once you get Town Hall (or whatever it's called... Residential Services Building?). Most people will get said building tomorrow or Firday.
  • I'd hesitate to say New Horizons cut being mayor; as Residential Representative is basically the same thing. While public work projects are technically gone, outdoor furniture is better in every way. Ordinances being gone is unfortunate, particularly the "Night Owl" one since like, I'm usually playing this game up until midnight. At the very least, removing the 20% penalty for selling after closing would be nice.

I’ve got Saharah on my island today. I don’t remember if she stays for a a whole day or not? So far I’ve bought one of every option she has to offer. She sells small, medium, and large rugs, and one mysterious wallpaper and flooring. You’re only allowed to buy one mysterious wallpaper and flooring from her per visit it seems. But if you buy enough rugs to make five exchange tickets from her, you can turn the tickets in for either one mysterious wallpaper or flooring. 

I've been utilizing the Nook Miles Tickets to gather resources, particularly those pesky iron nuggets. On two instances at night I've run into an island covered in tulips, had a single pond in the middle, and was just an Emperor Butterfly haven. Got 18 to bring home the first time and 17 the second time, making the second loan of 198k Bells really easy to finish paying off. So now I have a second room in the back of my house and am about 1/3 of the way done paying off the ~300k Bell loan and I haven't even gotten the workings for an upgraded Residential Services yet.