Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

28 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I get that they are very desperate for business nowadays , but that's no reason to tell managers to defy mandatory state lockdowns, by staying open. They are NOT an "essential retailer"!

13 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I concur and the only reason this happening because GS is in the red right now and they think being open right now justifies that that they don't go further into the red. This is just as bad as that hoarder of hand sanitizer not sharing with his fellow ppl.

Like c'mon now, we got think smart and be considerate here. If want give someone business in safety of your home, that is what Netflix for right now. There is absolutely no excuse for what GS believes to be essential retailer. Video games to the consumer is not essential, the folks who make them are as I feel more sorry them than those who think they are essential retailers but they really are not.

But do you let Target and Walmart, who in a lot of cases also have grocery sections, take all of those sales?

Don't take it as I am saying GS should avoid lock downs by circumventing edicts by local governments but....

12 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

But do you let Target and Walmart, who in a lot of cases also have grocery sections, take all of those sales?

Don't take it as I am saying GS should avoid lock downs by circumventing edicts by local governments but....

Semantics.

Not all Targets or Walmarts have grocery sections in them, like the smaller ones in small towns. Yeah, it's unfortunate that GS doesn't fall as essential retailer but we as consumer can live without video games. It is as simple as that.

• alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🛩️🏝️Flights now departing!

Well, my flight is here... I’m off to start my new life on a deserted island! ^_^

image.png.7a644d71bad1347aebbda683a2a00c6e.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone playing Pocket Camp, here's how you can get special AC:PC items in AC:NH (see link in tweet)...

Edited by alienboyva

Does anyone know how long it takes to get  that pole vaulting tool, so I can get to the rest of my island? Do I have to meet certain requirements to get it? I really don’t want to upgrade my tent to a house right now, because I really want to put my house on the other side of my river. ...And now it’s asking me to place a tent for Blathers, which I would also like on the otherside of my river. 

Also, this brown oval appeared next to the NookPhone icon in the upper left that says (apple icon) 1/10. Anyone know what this means? 

2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get  that pole vaulting tool, so I can get to the rest of my island? Do I have to meet certain requirements to get it? I really don’t want to upgrade my tent to a house right now, because I really want to put my house on the other side of my river. ...And now it’s asking me to place a tent for Blathers, which I would also like on the otherside of my river. 

Also, this brown oval appeared next to the NookPhone icon in the upper left that says (apple icon) 1/10. Anyone know what this means? 

Spoiler

You have to place down the tent for Blathers  then wait for him to arrive the next day before you get the DIY recipe for the vaulting pole and flimsy shovel. He’ll explain why. 

As for the the NookPhone oval you’re talking about, I don’t think I’ve seen it, or at least remember seeing it. I know I don’t see it now.

Is there anything special I have to do to get iron nuggets? I tried hitting a rock with an ax all i got were stones. Now all my rocks are gone. I need one iron nugget to craft a mirror, so I can use a hairstyle D.I.Y. card I bought with Nook Miles. I didn't realize it absolutely required a mirror to use when I bought it.

1 hour ago, ace said:

I popped a balloon and the first thing I got was a hakama. Hell yeah I look adorable. 

thank god the ugly balloon furniture is gone 

*pic*

I'm glad the balloon furni is gone as well. IIRC, in AC:NL's Welcome amiibo update they made the balloon furni not the only thing you can get from balloon presents. Think it might be back in some way in AC:NH, as I saw the balloon hat (was included in balloon presents along with the balloon furni), which an animal was wearing one of the videos Nintendo put out for the game.

Speaking of balloon presents, I just got 30K bells from one! :o  This is super useful at the start if the game.

Edited by alienboyva

From my experience, iron nuggets aren’t easy or hard to come by, but with the amount of rocks you have access to in the beginning they’re pretty scarce. It really sucks when you accidentally break a rock after eating fruit because that’s one less rock to have a chance at getting more ore. Accidentally broke two of my rocks the first night. But I guess when I played today another rock came back in place of one, which I’ve heard that rocks aren’t supposed to come back? 

If you’re lucky, sometimes balloon presents can contain an iron nugget. I actually just got another balloon recently that had a stack of five.

Spoiler

One thing I did to get more was to just use the Nook Miles Tickets to go to those random deserted islands and hit the rocks there and try to get as much as you can. Those tickets are 2,000 Nook Miles though. However you get one free from Tom Nook, but I forgot what exactly it was you do to earn it. Think it was upgrading your tent to a house, but it could have been something else. 

has anyone invited anyone new to live in their town? flower; at the first island we visited, ty was enamored with Rodeo, so he's moving in soon lol

not my first choice, but for a shared town its fine and rodeo is cute 

in my second island visit i saw margie and she's REALLY CUTE but i decided to hold off for someone i rly love

I recruited all three of the villagers I saw on the deserted islands I went to. From what I can remember they were Puddles or Pebbles (some pink girl frog). Veasta? I forgot how it was spelt, something like Vista and Veta combined (she was some average looking sheep. Then a monkey named Simon, he had some pretty weird fur pattern. 

Spoiler

I just stuck with them because according to a GameXplain video, you need to have at least five villagers on your island before you get the town hall.