Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

After a couple days i finally started last night and been making progress - did some point miles grinding and already have the tool wheel and inventory expansion, which are both pretty useful 

Though using the pole is nice, can’t wait until i get DIY recipes for Bridges... even a wooden one would be fine - would make things easier 

And have my first base house upgrade and getting the Museum in the next day or two... and working on the first shop.. just need more Iron first...

Last night i managed to catch both a Tarantula and a Oarfish on my first try last night 

Tarantulas usually gave me trouble in the last game so that’s pretty good luck

And found Cube on an Island tour today so looks like I’ll be getting a new villager soon

Also have a large stash of Cherry Blossoms... though I haven’t gotten many of the recipes oddly enough 

On the other hand, ive gotten a decent amount of the egg recipes, and crafted the majority of them - need more eggs though for some uncrafted ones...

Granted i have no idea how many recipes there are for each so i have no idea which ones im missing...

09B65A1B-55A9-4F0C-9B98-6299C423A7C8.jpeg

266671FC-AA8C-4CDE-8E1D-F70DA92B5A9C.jpeg

On 4/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, The Albraskan said:

I learned the DIY recipe for the gold armor some days back. It cost 8 gold nuggets to craft, I have nine so far. If anyone who doesn’t have the recipe but has the gold nuggets, I’ll craft it for you. 

Id like to make the gold armor!

5 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Id like to make the gold armor!

I’ll make you one when I get back. It’ll be a while.

1 minute ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

My golden slingshot is broken. Eh, excuse me?!

Yeah I heard somewhere that the golden tools can break now, but should still be more durable than the normal versions. It’s pretty dumb.

Is sending letters to friends now exclusively locked behind Nintendo Switch Online? Can you no longer send letters to a friend from within their town (island) now?

I got the game for my little bro for his B-day on Thursday and wanted to send him a special surprise B-day letter/gift in-game, since the game totally robbed him of his B-day, because he was on the first day (might have also been because he didn't have a house yet). Well, at least the game still acknowledged it, as the two residents that arrived on the island with him wished him a happy B-day. The next day when DAL opened on his island, I visited via local wireless (he doesn't have NSO) with the hopes of sending a special B-day letter/gift. I went up to the card stand at his airport to only be told that card stand was for residents of this island only. Umm...excuse me! What?! So, I went back to my island to see if I could send a letter to him from there. Come to find out, people on your Switch friend list that you meet up with via local wireless don't get added to your in-game friend list. Basically, the only thing I could do was as have his character send him a letter to his future self a day later. I went back to his island, asked if I could check something really quick on his Switch so he would see what I was doing, dropped the gift, and sent the letter with gift to him via his character. Yes, I did make sure to change who the letter was from when writing it, but I'm not sure if it's still going to show up as from "Future Self" in his mail box.

*For anyone wondering, the gift is the in-game ACNH Switch

Seriously, I'm startling to get really annoyed at how there are so many missing/nerfed features in NH compared to past games (mainly NL).

• Way less items in-game compared to NL
  • Way smaller houses compared to NL
  • Can only send letters to friends via NSO (no more going to their town and doing this)
  • No perfect fruit
  • No tropical fruit
  • No Post Office and Pelly, Phyllis, and Pete
  • No Gyroids to collect
  • No Brewster and The Roost
  • No Redd and buying artwork for the Museum
  • No swimming and diving for sea creatures to sell/donate to the Museum
  • No mingames like in NL, which you could play with friends
  • No Kapp'n
  • No Katrina and fortune telling
  • No Leif and Gardening Shop (maybe he comes for Earth Day now?)
  • No Pascal 
  • No  Harriet and Shampoodle 
  • Lack of TVs (I've only see the craftable Apple TV so far) <--- Please let me know if there are more
  • No Dr. Shrunk (resides randomly teach you emotions now).
  • No Lyle or even Lottie from the HHA
  • Where mah boi DJ K.K. at? T_T
  • Etc. (whatever else I can't think of right now)

I know some features/characters have been changed for the better or to change things up, but still. I absolutely love New Horizons, but after pointing all this out, it really makes New Leaf look like the better game. 

Edited by alienboyva

I've gotten the NSO free trial this week so I might bother one of you for turnips eventually ;)

No way am I paying them for NSO but I'll do free. Guess this is my opportunity to download QR codes because apparently that requires online subscription...

The furniture rotation in this game has been poor on my end. While it looks like my favorite furniture sets can now be crafted, cabin and outdoor, I don't intend on filling my entire house with mainly the furniture that can be crafted. I have yet to see any set available to buy outside of standard housewares like tea sets, vacuums, trash cans, etc. so it has been either small scale items or wall items. Where are the couches, arm chairs, tables and TVs at in this game? I think I've made nice rooms with what I've had, but I'm expecting more and want to see how previous sets have been elevated in this game's detail. This game has plenty of space to work with in terms of interior designing, so it's a shame that it has been like this. I've actually decided to redesign some of my rooms in Wild World to enjoy the creative freedom with interior designing that I wish New Horizons would offer more for. 

To get the special item from Zipper for crafting all the Bunny Day DIY recipes, does this include all the crafting all the Bunny Day clothing as well?

I haven’t crafted any Bunny Day items except the wreath, glowy garland, and the backpack. This is mainly, because I didn’t have storage or house space for all this crap and only a few days ago got any extra room. However, I have be collecting a crap ton of eggs (more than I most likely need) and have all the DIY recipes (minus the ones you get on Bunny Day). 

I'm for one, am happy bunny day is almost over. I don't think I'd be opposed to the idea of an approximate week long event, but bunny day itself was far too disruptive. I basically just stopped fishing except when I absolutely needed to, for example, because of water eggs. If they do something like this in the future, I'd hope they'd make sure it doesn't interfere with normal gameplay flow.