Jump to content

Animal Crossing: New Horizons | ūüéęMay Day: 4/29 - 5/7 ūüŹõÔłŹInt. Museum Day: 5/18 - 31


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yea I hate exclusive items too. Amiibo had a big issue with them.

 

NOA should have learned this shit by now. All it does is fuel scalpers.

 

Come find out, my local Target sold out "within the hour", which most likely means when they opened at 8am ET. So, since Target didn't make sure stores didn't put these on the shelf, people in the eastern time zone already had these sell out buy the time they went available for online pickup only (as they should have been) at 9am ET. Because of all this scalpers were able to get as many as they wanted, thus ruining things once again for the fans. I really hope NOA makes more stock available, because they way Target handled them was atrocious.

 

Congratz, scalpers! >_>

Image

Edited by alienboyva
Link to post
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

 

NOA should have learned this shit by now. All it does is fuel scalpers.

 

Come find out, my local Target sold out "within the hour", which most likely means when they opened at 8am ET. So, since Target didn't make sure stores didn't put these on the shelf, people in the eastern time zone already had these sell out buy the time they went available for online pickup only (as they should have been) at 9am ET. Because of all this scalpers were able to get as many as they wanted, thus ruining things once again for the fans. I really hope NOA makes more stock available, because they way Target handled them was atrocious.

 

Congratz, scalpers! >_>

Image

 

Word. You'd think by now they would have. 

 

Yikes. That price... only suckers would go for it at that price.

 

Tired of scalpers ripping people off. 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

 

Word. You'd think by now they would have. 

 

Yikes. That price... only suckers would go for it at that price.

 

Tired of scalpers ripping people off. 

 

 You think that's bad? They are going on average for $75 and I've seen listings for over $100. I mainly posted that pic because of the huge stack that person had (they probably have at least 20 packs).

Link to post
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

 

 You think that's bad? They are going on average for $75 and I've seen listings for over $100. I mainly posted that pic because of the huge stack that person had (they probably have at least 20 packs).

 

Wow. I've seen worse too for used games. The prices out there are just too high. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wow. I've seen worse too for used games. The prices out there are just too high. 

 

Yeah, just look at retro game prices.

 

BTW, these amiibo cards are going for¬†$40¬†at the very least right now, with some people even trying to sell induvial cards for $40. I've seen less¬†than¬†that, with the lowest¬†being $23 (+$5 shipping), but everything less than $40 sold seconds after me looking at the listing, because of stupid people with FOMO. ūüėí¬†I sure there will be a restock in the near future, especially¬†with all this backlash from fans who where informed, did what they were supposed to do, and still got screwed. People really shouldn't be buying from scalpers and need to just wait for a restock. Also, don't go buying knockoff ones that people are making on Etsy. IDK why people keep suggesting fans¬†do that if you missed out on the official ones.¬†Anyway, when there is a restock, it's most likely going to be only at Target (should be available everywhere to make it easier for fans) and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a quite restock (no world from Nintendo or Target) or just random Target stores sporadically getting stock. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers have another field day. I saw online that someone said they talked a Target employee, who said a restock could be coming on 4/28. Though, take that with a massive grain of salt.

 

This whole thing is the just NES Classic Edition all over! Did Nintendo not learn anything from that? I bet there will also be a similar situation when the Zelda Joy-Con release, though at least those aren't store exclusive.

 

*Sorry for ranting a bit. I'm not upset I didn't get the cards, but this whole situation just annoyed me, because of how it was handled. Plus, with some personal stuff that happened as well, it put me in a shitty mood all day Friday.

Edited by alienboyva
Link to post
36 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

 

Yeah, just look at retro game prices.

 

BTW, these amiibo cards are going for¬†$40¬†at the very least right now, with some people even trying to sell induvial cards for $40. I've seen less¬†than¬†that, with the lowest¬†being $23 (+$5 shipping), but everything less than $40 sold seconds after me looking at the listing, because of stupid people with FOMO. ūüėí¬†I sure there will be a restock in the near future, especially¬†with all this backlash from fans who where informed, did what they were supposed to do, and still got screwed. People really shouldn't be buying from scalpers and need to just wait for a restock. Also, don't go buying knockoff ones that people are making on Etsy. IDK why people keep suggesting fans¬†do that if you missed out on the official ones.¬†Anyway, when there is a restock, it's most likely going to be only at Target (should be available everywhere to make it easier for fans) and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a quite restock (no world from Nintendo or Target) or just random Target stores sporadically getting stock. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers have another field day. I saw online that someone said they talked a Target employee, who said a restock could be coming on 4/28. Though, take that with a massive grain of salt.

 

This whole thing is the just NES Classic Edition all over! Did Nintendo not learn anything from that? I bet there will also be a similar situation when the Zelda Joy-Con release, though at least those aren't store exclusive.

 

*Sorry for ranting a bit. I'm not upset I didn't get the cards, but this whole situation just annoyed me, because of how it was handled. Plus, with some personal stuff that happened as well, it put me in a shitty mood all day Friday.

 

Exactly. I would have loved to have gotten Digimon World 3 at $20, but the time wasn't ever right. Now the low end is around $50 and the high end is $300 (via Amazon).

 

Yikes.

 

Exactly. But no, they gotta keep it limited. Smh. It's insane.

 

Just retweeted a Cheap Ass Gamer Animal Crossing cards Contest your way via Twitter. It's worth a shot.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

 

Exactly. I would have loved to have gotten Digimon World 3 at $20, but the time wasn't ever right. Now the low end is around $50 and the high end is $300 (via Amazon).

 

Yikes.

 

Exactly. But no, they gotta keep it limited. Smh. It's insane.

 

Just retweeted a Cheap Ass Gamer Animal Crossing cards Contest your way via Twitter. It's worth a shot.

 

I guess you just got to hope you can find it cheap at a local shop that sells retro games, or that it gets a digital re-release on PSN.

 

Yup. IDK why NOA keeps doing with amiibo. They know how popular ACNH is and how popular these cards were going to be. Stop making things so hard for your fans! All this does is fuel scalpers. Because of this and the way Target handled the release of these cards, quite a few people who did what they were supposed to (who were actually able to get an order) had their pick-up orders canceled, because they let anyone walk in a buy as many as they want. Nintendo/Target need to do something to make this up to the fans.

 

Thanks, though I don't really like it when Twitter accounts do this kind of thing (see my reply to your tweet). I feel I don't have much of chance with thousands of people entering, because CAG most likely only has 1-2 packs. Plus I NEVER win anything! T_T Well, there was that one time...

 

Spoiler
I ended up giving the Switch, Mario Odyssey, and MK8D to my little bro for Xmas that year, since I already own those (I never told him I actually won¬†this¬†ūü§ę).

 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to post
12 hours ago, alienboyva said:

 

I guess you just got to hope you can find it cheap at a local shop that sells retro games, or that it gets a digital re-release on PSN.

 

Yup. IDK why NOA keeps doing with amiibo. They know how popular ACNH is and how popular these cards were going to be. Stop making things so hard for your fans! All this does is fuel scalpers. Because of this and the way Target handled the release of these cards, quite a few people who did what they were supposed to (who were actually able to get an order) had their pick-up orders canceled, because they let anyone walk in a buy as many as they want. Nintendo/Target need to do something to make this up to the fans.

 

Thanks, though I don't really like it when Twitter accounts do this kind of thing (see my reply to your tweet). I feel I don't have much of chance with thousands of people entering, because CAG most likely only has 1-2 packs. Plus I NEVER win anything! T_T Well, there was that one time...

 

  Reveal hidden contents
I ended up giving the Switch, Mario Odyssey, and MK8D to my little bro for Xmas that year, since I already own those (I never told him I actually won¬†this¬†ūü§ę).

 

 

Yep. And I did, but it was in bad shape. That wouldn't be any good as I'm not getting a PS5. So even if they do rerelease it, it wouldn't be of any use to me.

 

Agreed. 

 

You're welcome. Understandable. I haven't won anything from them yet. Apart from a Poketuber contest. Not giving up on the eshop card contests, maybe some day I'll win.

 

Here's some on Etsy:

 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/971299737/sanrio-x-animal-crossing-custom-high

Edited by Doc Brown
Link to post
Posted (edited)

WOW! This whole Sanrio ‚úē AC amiibo cards situation keeps getting worse! Target literally went on Twitter and lied to everyone¬†that there would be more stock today (I'm not sure how that would even be possible this soon after release)...¬† -____-'

 

 

I called Target's corporate customer service Friday (manly to file a compilate with my local store and the company as a whole, because the more complaints the better) and the lady on the phone told me the same thing (I believe this was same person that to posted that tweet). Yesterday, I asked they guy at my electronics counter about this and he knew nothing about it. He even looked on his smartphone like scanner thingy and showed me that they had absolutely no more stock left and had no indication of when there would be another shipment/restock. I've also seen people posting screenshots of them chatting with Target's costumer service reps, with them also not knowing anything about more stock being available today. IDK where this customer service rep go their info, but if this wasn't a 100% sure thing they should not have went on Twitter telling people this, because I've seen posts of people saying they waited outside their local Target until they opened to only be told they had no stock. Target really needs to get their shit together! Their entire company has a massive communication problem and it's not just effecting their customers, but NOA's as well!

 

However, this did happen at someone's local Target today...

 

Spoiler

 

EDIT: I just heard from my little bro that my local Target had some stock today. There was a huge line of people and they only had about 20 or so packs. Sadly he was unable to get one, because they weren't limiting this to 1-2 per costumer. Once again I get screwed by all this misinformation. I would have just went down there early enough and took my chances, but I don't have access to my car at the moment.

 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to post
Posted (edited)

NookLink’s (available via the Nintendo Switch Online app) Nook points feature is now available! Also, you can now scan QR codes for face cut-out standees. 

 

17E8850B-0BD9-42C2-8281-59D5A5496514.thumb.png.3c3ca7ab1e9d5e25dc3213e95ce9cb7d.png8CA31EB8-B1BB-409B-AF00-6423C715BC8D.thumb.png.825a02832cf01ecdf0b44ce27ffeed49.png

 

Here are the items that are currently available to redeem your points for...

 

2BB8C22F-9206-4C3A-B853-0DDB96D45288.thumb.png.32c693691b7bcb55d5104dfe37b46f0a.png

image.png.e82a0206474ec912d75b61a606c8ab73.png

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, Doc Brown said:

 

Thanks, but I’d rather have the official ones. I mainly want the cards to add to my collection. The items are just a cool bonus for me, as I was expecting to just get the special posters, like with scanning any other AC amiibo card. Also, I don’t really want to support people who make knock-off versions of products. 

 

This is whole situation is getting worse every day. Now people are filing complaints with the FTC, because of Target’s false advertising on how these were supposed be available. Their site, weekly ad flyer, and costumer service reps said they would be available via online pickup/drive-up order at the store ONLY and 2 PER PERSON , yet they put them on store shelves and let people take as many as they wanted. IDK if the FTC will do anything thing, but fans are absolutely furious right now and have all the right to be, until NOA and/or Target fixes this. 

 

It seems most fans just want the characters/items in their game, so Nintendo should really look at a digital option and put this up as DLC on the eShop for the same price. This will quickly make all the packs scalpers have completely worthless. For the fans who still want the physical cards, NOA should still regularly produce more stock, until sales start to decline. 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

nope

 

i should be closer, but there were many times i would pass on talking to either of the gullivers just because it was a pain in the ass, so that probably set me back a few weeks/months lol

 

but i don't have much gold to begin with so honestly, the only gold tool i ever make is a watering can. i imagine i won't ever use the golden shovel either y; 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Congrats! I have also Ankha on my island, though I've yet to get her picture. However, I do have her poster. :P 


Thanks

 

Honestly, back when i was doing island hopping for my last villager I wasn’t even looking for her - think I might’ve been either looking for a villager to fill up the last spot or one of the brand new ones introduced in the game

 

Was extremely dumb luck i came across her - was an instant lock and brought her over, and glad i did - probably one of favorite villagers (and animal villager types)

 

Aside from a few clothes/items, I’ve pretty much have been giving villagers wrapped Fruits/Pumpkins for the most part since it doesn’t take up inventory slots from my understanding anyway 

 

Seems to do the trick, anyway

Link to post
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons | ūüéęMay Day: 4/29 - 5/7 ūüŹõÔłŹInt. Museum Day: 5/18 - 31

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...