Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

Nintendo has updated their dream island and if you visit between now and 3/34 you will complete a special My Nintendo mission. Also, Shamrock Day items are available via Nook Shopping (1 random item every day).

*Nintendo's official dream address has been added to the Whitelist in the OP*

Edited by alienboyva

Last week i made a new Switch profile so i could make a new character for extra storage

Already hit the storage limit though - slowly working on getting bells so i can pay off my next loan though 

But a nice bonus is that i got lucky and found two legitimate paintings when Red was here yesterday- so i think that’ll help filling up the Art stuff in the Museum

And might be helpful when getting more recipes from Celeste and K.K. Slider music- I’ve been slacking on those for awhile...

9 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Last week i made a new Switch profile so i could make a new character for extra storage

Already hit the storage limit though - slowly working on getting bells so i can pay off my next loan though 

But a nice bonus is that i got lucky and found two legitimate paintings when Red was here yesterday- so i think that’ll help filling up the Art stuff in the Museum

And might be helpful when getting more recipes from Celeste and K.K. Slider music- I’ve been slacking on those for awhile...

I did four characters for that reason.

Some new features are on the way...

**See "Edit 3" below for more info from Nintendo's JPN site**

• Being included with the updated for the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards on 3/18, there will also be new custom designs items.
  • 50 more custom and pro design slost will be available (redeemable via Nook Miles).
  • The Custom Design Portal (NSO Members only) can now be accessed via your NookPhone (redeemable via Nook Miles).
  • From 3/28-3/4 NEW Bunny Day items will be available at Nook's Cranny.
  • The NookLink app via the Nintendo Switch Online app will be getting an update, where you can earn Nook Points and use them to get various prizes.
  • A new app (I assume for Switch, they didn't mention) "ACNH Island Creator" will be available on 2/23, which will let you create digital posters and tour videos of your island to share with others.

Nice to see face-cutout standees making a return and more design slots being added. The whole Nook Points thing with the NookLink app via the NSO app is pretty nice, but I hope the rewards are worth it. The Island Creator app looks really cool! I'm still wondering if this is a Switch, mobile web app, as they didn't say. Though, since you can make tour videos of your island, I'd assume it's for the Switch, since you need to capture the footage on your Switch first, via the share button.

Edit: BTW, every time NOA tweets about the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards I see a flood of comments from fans worried about not being able to get them do to scalpers. :(  Hopefully NOA will have plenty of stock, but it looks like I'm going to have to see if I can stop by my local Target just before they open to secure mine. It sucks that nowadays fans of pretty much anything have to worry about scalpers, especially when it comes to limited/special/exclusive items they want. I mean just look at the whole PS5 situation and what TPC is dealing with, with PKMN cards being constantly out of stock. Scalpers always have to ruin things for the fans!

Edit 2:

OH! Katrina? ULZz0XC.png ...Why hello. What are you doing here? You planning to visit everyone's island? 

Edit 3:

More info from Nintendo's JPN site...

• From 3/26 - 4/1 a special April Fools Day item will be available via Nook Shopping.
  • Form 4/1 - 4/30 Prom items will be available via Nook Shopping.
  • From 4/1 - 4/10 a special Singmogil Day (a Korean holiday) will be available via Nook Shopping.
  • From 4/15 - 4/22 a special Earth Day item will be available via Nook Shopping.
  • With the 3/18 update, Nintendo will be sending everyone a special ACNH 1 year anniversary gift. 
  • An exclusive Nintendo Switch Lite item will be available to Nintendo Switch Online members with the 3/18 update (This works just like the previous Nook Inc. rug available exclusively for NSO members. Visit the ACNH or NSO page on the eShop to get the item. If you have already gotten the Nook Inc. rug, the Nintendo Switch Lite will automatically be added to Nook Shopping with the 3/18 update. *Colors of the Nintendo Switch Lite will change daily*)

I really like how they are adding Prom items. :)  This should be great for high schoolers that missed out do to the pandemic. I wonder if they will also add graduation items (I know they a cap and gown in previous games)? Also, I like that NSO members can also get a Switch Lite. It should be a nice little thing to put on a table/end table. I currently have the ACNH Switch (docked) on a wooden low table under my wall-mounted TV (50 in.) in my basement. The regular Switch (in tabletop mode) is just sitting on a cardboard box in my main room, with a chair in front of it. :P 

Edited by alienboyva
with more info from Nintendo's JPN site
3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Excited for the new update! More custom slots will be sooo nice to add character to towns, and access via the phone was well needed. I remember actually suggesting that to a friend months ago lol

Glad Bunny Day is getting some new stuff too, it keeps an old (hated) holiday fresh. Still no Cranny update tho....

Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to do anything for ACNH's anniversary, besides just the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards. While I was expecting a big new feature, this update with a bunch of smaller things is still nice. 

Since Nintendo loves adding new things to ACNH to keep it fresh, I was also wondering if they were going to add to/change holiday events (like AC: Pocket Camp) now that we're approaching the game's 2nd year. 

1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to do anything for ACNH's anniversary, besides just the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards. While I was expecting a big new feature, this update with a bunch of smaller things is still nice. 

Since Nintendo loves adding new things to ACNH to keep it fresh, I was also wondering if they were going to add to/change holiday events (like AC: Pocket Camp) now that we're approaching the game's 2nd year. 

i wouldn't mind if they keep some holidays the same (for instance, I thought Turkey Day was fun and doesn't need any tweaking) but if they do learn from their mistakes and make some holidays less annoying, then I'm fine with it. The backlash of Bunny Day must still be sticking with them. y; 

For a one year update, this seems a bit understated frankly, but I'm still happy with the things they're adding. My only real complaint is the app now having its own 'currency' in it to unlock things in game....in theory, I actually love the idea and think it'll be fun (and give me a reason to open the app for once), but I really wish it used something we ALL already have way too many of - nook miles. 

• alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🐰Bunny Day: 3/28-4/4 🎀Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards: 3/26

I noticed with this update we still can't scan QR codes fore face cut-out standees. Hopefully, this is coming with the NookLink update that includes the new Nook Points feature. I don't see why they wouldn't just add it in, unless they changed the pixel size of face cut-out standees or something. I really want to import some face cut-out standees from my New Leaf town, but I really don't want to have to recreate them by hand.

BTW, I don't get why they can't have these NookLink updates ready so they can launch along side the main game's update.

---------------------

On a somewhat related note.... Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else that you can't create a pro pattern from an already existing pattern? You could easily do this in previous games, but in New Horizons you have to recreate the entire pattern if you want to use it to make pro designs.  I also find it annoying that you can't edit patterns created form QR codes, even if they are your own patterns. I get kind of why they did, because they don't want people using other people's work as their own and there's no why for NH to know which QR patterns are actually yours. Still, it is a bit annoying at times.

Edited by alienboyva

For anyone in wanting to pick up the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards that are being sold at exclusively at Target in the U.S., they will only be available via an online order for pick-up in-store or drive-up...

🔗https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20210321&page=11

I get they're doing this because of the pandemic and to most definitely stop scalpers, but fucking hell! They're makin these way harder to get than they need to be. 😩 Why do these have to even be store exclusive in the fist place? 

Hopefully the site doesn't crash and they immediately sell out the second they go up. :( 

Edit: BTW, these are still not listed on their site and most likely wont go up until they're available on the 26th.

Edited by alienboyva

The Island Tour Creator is now Live!.. 

Apparently this is a website (link in tweet) and not an app. IDK why that announcement tweet said it was an app. y;

*NOTE* This site can only be used on a smartphone/tablet (Should just been a actual app and not a web app for only smart devices). You can scan the QR on the site to go directly there on your smart device (Will require using the send screenshots/videos to smart device feature, which can be found in then Nintendo Switch Album on your Home Menu).

**If anyone one wants to add a tour video to their info on the Whitelist in the OP, post it here and I'll link to it. ;) 

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

The Island Tour Creator is now Live!.. 

Apparently this is a website (link in tweet) and not an app. IDK why that announcement tweet said it was an app. y;

*NOTE* This site can only be used on a smartphone/tablet (Should just been a actual app and not a web app for only smart devices). You can scan the QR on the site to go directly there on your smart device (Will require using the send screenshots/videos to smart device feature, which can be found in then Nintendo Switch Album on your Home Menu).

**If anyone one wants to add a tour video to their info on the Whitelist in the OP, post it here and I'll link to it. ;) 

Yikes. I'm not a fan of it being tied to a smartphone. Not everyone has access to a QR code scanner has space to download one.

That said I'm glad it's not another app. Again, since not everyone has enough space for them.

Edited by Doc Brown

I made a tour video and poster for my island...

*My dream address hasn't been updated since the feature launched. XD*

*Me on the left in my Island's letter jacket. :-P*

My club is being featured, because it's like one of the few things that's actually really cool on my island. :P 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yikes. I'm not a fan of it being tied to a smartphone. Not everyone has access to a QR code scanner has space to download one.

That said I'm glad it's not another app. Again, since not everyone has enough space for them.

You don't need a QR code scanner (most phone's camera app have this built-in). Just go to this site: https://www.tanuki-kaihatsu.com/en_US/index.html on your phone/tablet.

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I made a tour video and poster for my island...

*My dream address hasn't been updated since the feature launched. XD*

*Me on the left in my Island's letter jacket. :-P*

My club is being featured, because it's like one of the few things that's actually really cool on my island. :P 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need a QR code scanner (most phone's camera app have this built-in). Just go to this site: https://www.tanuki-kaihatsu.com/en_US/index.html on your phone/tablet.

I found it in my browser. Separate from the camera app.

So, I missed out on getting the Sanrio ✕ AC amiibo cards. T_T I kept trying to place an order at my local Target right when they went up and kept getting out of stock errors (I even tried all stores in my area with no luck). The real kicker, is that I called my local Target  and they said the sold out within the hour (why didn't my order go through?!) and where selling them on store shelves when they weren't supposed to (with most likely no limit per person).

I'm so fucking pissed now! Not because I didn't get them, because stores were selling them on the shelf when the weren't supposed to. I just knew this was going to happen! I should of went down there and tried to order online while at the store, because I was already planning to go there before they opened, until their site said it was online order via pickup at store only.

This is exactly why I don't try to get stuff like this online and just go to the store before they open. CCONGRATZ! to all the scalpers that got these (ebay is flooded with new listing going for over 10x the price)! -___- This whole store exclusive amiibo shit has got to stop, NOA! It's just fueling scalpers. 

Who knows if there will ever be a restock... :(  Thanks Nintendo and Target or making these such a battle to get.

EDIT: Looks everyone else had this same issue...

Goo job Target Cooperate/Reginal Managers on making sure stores follow procedure. >_>

Edited by alienboyva