Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

11 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

I went back to New Leaf just to check on things and yeah there's a LOT more in it. I reached the ability to change my house's exterior and there's like four options with some color variants. Nothing on the same level as New Leaf. I also made a hacked island on my CFW and used a save editor to unlock all the DIY and items. I'm... not at all impressed. I REALLY hope they add more because this is looking really shallow. I'm loving the game but my house is mostly empty because I can't find anything I want to decorate it with. It's quite frustrating. I gave them the benefit of the doubt in that it's hard to port all those models to the higher quality Switch stuff but if they've been working that long... I don't know. 

I like i previously mentioned, I really hope they add more via free updates to be at least on par with NL. Though, Nintendo has been on a huge DLC kick with the Switch and all of their big games have some sort of paid DLC. As much as it would suck, it not surprise me if they left out content that was in NL just to add it back in paid DLC.

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, Carl321 said:

I went back to New Leaf just to check on things and yeah there's a LOT more in it. I reached the ability to change my house's exterior and there's like four options with some color variants. Nothing on the same level as New Leaf. I also made a hacked island on my CFW and used a save editor to unlock all the DIY and items. I'm... not at all impressed. I REALLY hope they add more because this is looking really shallow. I'm loving the game but my house is mostly empty because I can't find anything I want to decorate it with. It's quite frustrating. I gave them the benefit of the doubt in that it's hard to port all those models to the higher quality Switch stuff but if they've been working that long... I don't know. 

yeah, i honestly agree with you; it is disappointing! for how many cool tiny new features there are, there's just so much missing that its hard to really let go. its obvious they want you to spend a lot of time terraforming and fucking around w the outside now just because you can, but that's not enough to keep me entertained forever and i never wanted it to be the focus of what i'm doing in the first place. its very strange how much they cut just to make room for...what? 

we just don't know! i'm also really kind of impressed by how glitchy it is so far for a mainline nintendo game y; 

35 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I was actually thinking about picking this up on the eShop, but apparently there's a really annoying seasonal event going on that makes getting started extremely tedious?

While the bunny event is annoying in the sense it's constant background noise and disrupts fishing in particular, I don't know how much it'll impede progress. You might rely more on bugs to get the museum and getting iron is more annoying (and wood, but wood is plentiful anyway) as far as main story progression goes. Getting money will also be harder without fishing, but far from impossible.

Ok so my last week turnips ended up getting rotten as I just never did get a good deal for them and when I tried to see if I could join someone island for a better deal they had some insane requests just to allow you on the island which is bull. Anyways my fossil collection has been finished. My bug collection is only missing 14 more bugs and my fish collection just needs 20 more for completion. Today went to someone’s time traveling island hence why I got quite the haul in fish and bugs. Pity I never got the mighty whale shark but got the other ones. Kyle has moved in so that leaves Hornsby to move in tomorrow and lastly K.K. is coming to my island.

So, if you get all the DIY recipes for the egg outfits you unlock a special Bunny Day outfit DIY recipe. Though, the thing is, it's only for girls. :(  Why is there not also a special Bunny Day outfit for guys, like a suit (I guess guys are stuck wearing the stupid egg outfits)? Does Nintendo not realize that guys also play Animal Crossing? I've noticed this becoming a tend in Pocket Camp, where they add special outfits and they're like always for girls (a lot of special ferni sets they add in general are very feminine). I just figured this was most likely because girls play PC more than guys and they got to make money somehow, since it is a F2P after all. Now it just kind of annoys me seeing this in a mainline AC game. Hopefully this won't be the trend for future holiday/special outfits.

image.png.760f7b9108286f39a4379bc3019ea208.png

Edited by alienboyva

@alienboyvaIf you are a guy who feels comfortable wearing a dress though, then they should feel free to knock themselves out. :P But I agree, for guys not into that, it would have been nice to see some variety...

Juat completed the “tutorial” yesterday. As in, completed the main quest line and unlocked terraforming. It’s fun so far. Also got Able Sisters store open and started posting some of my designs.

And heeeere’s an Arlo video just to spark some discussion:

Edited by DranSeasona
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

So, if you get all the DIY recipes for the egg outfits you unlock a special Bunny Day outfit DIY recipe. Though, the thing is, it's only for girls. :(  Why is there not also a special Bunny Day outfit for guys, like a suit (I guess guys are stuck wearing the stupid egg outfits)? 

I would have liked to have an optional scale for clothing items. The only Bunny Day clothing items my character is wearing right now are the crown and backpack. The shoes and egg shell hat look off without a matching outfit, which I feel doesn't exist specifically for a male character. It could have been solved with shirt, pants and/or shorts. I'm considering crafting the feminine clothing/purchasing feminine clothing to give to my female neighbors so that they have purpose within my game experience. Otherwise, space is being taken up by something I'm not going to be getting for my character. I don't see myself creating a female character to move in this early in the game (if at all). I was likely at least 1,000 hours deep before I did that in Wild World. Wild World from my experience seemed a lot more gender neutral. 

Edited by IU

So last night I go to 4 islands trying to get tarantula island and nope. Didn't even get a good flat island. Water bugs are everywhere! My husband gets on and bam... First shot. Thing is he doesn't even care about making bells. This is his first AC game and he likes to just collect things. His house is all bugs and fish lol.