Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

4 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Are there any guides for the game available on Amazon right now?

Just curious.

Just the official one that's up for pre-order, which won't release until 4/9...

🔗https://www.amazon.com/dp/3869931000/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Y5uBEbM4W1W42 <--- Currently discounted to $17.99 on Amazon

NVtK6mF.jpg?1

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🛩️🏝️Departure in 3 days!

Hmmm...I'm not sure how common that name is in other countries, but it seems too oddly specific to not be a tribute to her.

I love this Grandma! <3 ^_^ She reminds me of that 100 year old lady that always played her DS. ...But yeah, that's impressive that she has been play pretty much every day for that long. IIRC, I've only put over 530 hrs. in to AC:NL.  

It'd bee cool if Nintendo could confirm this or not. I can only imagine her reaction when finding out this is a tribute to her (That is, if it is indeed is a tribute to her).  

GS is canceling their midnight launch for AC:NH...

I assume other retailers will fallow suit as well, if they haven't already. I got a call from my local GameStop about this last night. It's kind of disappointing, but I understand why. I wasn't planing to start my game until some time Friday, anyway (don't want to start at night). At least I can still stop by and pick-up my pre-order on Friday! ^_^  Yeah, GS can't really afford to close when 2 big high-profile games are releasing Friday. ...We all know they need the business.  

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🛩️🏝️Departures start in 2 days!
42 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

As a physical buyer, that’s BS. However, with the whole world in chaos, I’m still glad I bought this.

It's just the day-one update for the upcoming Bunny Day event, which was announced in the AC:NH Direct. People who have pre-loaded the game still have to wait until Friday to play it. I assume they're doing this ease traffic, so we don't have another SSBU 30.0 update fiasco. Plus, a lot of people are stuck at home right now do to the virus and yesterday they had issues with their online services do to the amount of traffic.

0vneb1p.png?1

40 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Getting my pre order in two days from my local GameStop.

And then to let the craziness of the world pass on by.

Same here.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20) | 🛩️🏝️Departures start in 1 day!

Some details on the 1.1.0 update (see tweet below)...

It's cool to see a special item for NSO members that you can get with Nook Miles (I wonder if they will add more NSO only items?) and that they're giving away a Switch item as a thank you gift. Though what's really cool is that if you have the special edition AC:NH Switch, you will also get that Switch in-game. :o 

*Just a heads-up... If it wasn't already apparent, you will need an active Nintendo Switch Online membership to use Nook Link features (via the NSO mobile app), such as scanning QR codes for patterns and using your smartphone as a keyboard to chat in-game.

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Now I have to wait until Tuesday comes for my Amazon preorder. That’s BS!

Yeah, there have been quite a bit of reports recently of Amazon orders taking longer to ship do to the virus. Hopefully for people that have used Prime, Amazon will compensate them in some way.

We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. Products already on its way to our fulfillment centers will be accepted. This does not impact products being delivered to customers, or products currently in stock in our store. Customers can continue to buy any in-stock product in our store, and we will continue to deliver them.

🔗https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19

Edited by alienboyva

@alienboyva: I heard about that with Amazon only prioritizing important deliveries. (to me that is a little debatable but I understand the situation in the world can't be helped now) I was gonna post that here but I thought it only applied to video games PO beyond April like FF7 remake, that is where I first heard. I had no idea this would affect AC: NH.

Damn guys that sucks for those who PO'd from Amazon. Well there's worse things than delayed orders, I don't have to spell that out.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Got confirmation from my local GameStop that my game will arrive by the time the store opens at 10 am with a limit of 10 people at a time for obvious reasons.

Stay safe! 🙏

I'm kinda scared that I have to go out to my local GS tomorrow. Especially, after THIS SHIT, which makes me want to cancel my pre-order.

Edited by alienboyva
10 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I mean... people do need games as a diversion during these crazy times.  They need the sales to stay open...

I get that they are very desperate for business nowadays , but that's no reason to tell managers to defy mandatory state lockdowns, by staying open. They are NOT an "essential retailer"!

Edited by alienboyva
8 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I get that they are very desperate for business nowadays , but that's no reason to tell managers to defy mandatory state lockdowns, by staying open. They are NOT an "essential retailer"!

I concur and the only reason this happening because GS is in the red right now and they think being open right now justifies that that they don't go further into the red. This is just as bad as that hoarder of hand sanitizer not sharing with his fellow ppl.

Like c'mon now, we got think smart and be considerate here. If want give someone business in safety of your home, that is what Netflix for right now. There is absolutely no excuse for what GS believes to be essential retailer. Video games to the consumer is not essential, the folks who make them are as I feel more sorry them than those who think they are essential retailers but they really are not.