Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 🏠Ver. 2.0 & Happy Home Paradise (DLC) available Nov. 5th!

1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

I feel ya'. Quite a few things are now being done through menus. Sure, it's great for the convenience factor (Ex: Not having to look at guides to get the face/hair you want), but it kinda takes a bit of life out of the game. 

what a weird sentiment imo y; the game has added SO much already in terms of convenience and beauty and fun but you'd still rather have your character creation stuck behind a once-a-day choice that not only requires you to remember what choice is what or that you cannot change at all

tbh, it sounds like just nostalgia speaking lol

its one thing to love the characters, and i also hope the harriet and rover make a reappearance, but i have no fondness behind what they did in game which was, at best, annoying

8 hours ago, chickadee said:

what a weird sentiment imo y; the game has added SO much already in terms of convenience and beauty and fun but you'd still rather have your character creation stuck behind a once-a-day choice that not only requires you to remember what choice is what or that you cannot change at all

tbh, it sounds like just nostalgia speaking lol

its one thing to love the characters, and i also hope the harriet and rover make a reappearance, but i have no fondness behind what they did in game which was, at best, annoying

No. You misunderstood... I'm all for streamlining things, because having to look up guides to choose to get the face and hair you want was no fun. Though, having things like changing your hair now being done via a menu, which you access through a mirror in your house kinda takes a bit of life out of things. Your're no longer going to the hair salon and interacting with the owner/stylist. Now, if you actually had to go to Harriet's Shampoodle salon and talk to her to access this menu, then I wouldn't really mind at all.

tArrbrI.png?1

Edited by alienboyva

If there's any issue, the convenience is taken a little further than it probably needed to be. I agree that the options should have been accessed via specific characters as to keep those personalities around if they have in fact been removed. I also feel that Animal Crossing could have become more convenient without needing to be basic. I don't think the player should be taken out of their home environment to a basic menu. I think I would rather the camera change its perspective to whichever way the mirror is facing, zoom in a little and have the options on the side. The preview would occur actively while within the player's home and the backdrop will be that section of the room the mirror is facing. To access one's inventory in this game for example, you're not warped out of the island environment to a menu. It's just a little off to me for there to be any break away from the immersion of the player's home. 

That's cool there's a drop-off box for selling items when Nookling's is closed. Though, of course, they have to charge a fee for using it.  Also, I like how you can change the volume of music playing in your house. Still, it makes me wonder if we'll be able to change the volume of the hourly music for when outside.

We assumed this would be the case, but we now have official confirmation that island names can be up to 10 characters max...

I'm wondering will your island be referred to as " _____ Island" and how will animals living on your island refer to it? I know in the town hall they refer it to as an Island now instead of a town, given the options to change the 'Island Flag' and 'Island Tune'. I was thinking of adding Isle to my island's name, because it'd be weird to have town or ville in its name, since it is an island after all. Though, if animals refer to it, like for example "I love living in  _____"  instead of "I love living on _____" then having Isle in the name would be weird.

:D

*Click to see full comic*

Edited by alienboyva

You can now handwrite/draw messages on the bulletin board...

Why didn't hey add this before? In past games you could draw patterns with the touchscreen on DS/3DS and the Wii Remote pointer, so why not on the bulletin board as well? Anyway...It's cool that it's now there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New comic...

*Click for full comic*

Forget "How are your going to charge your Nook Phone on a deserted island?", because Nook already has power issues figured out. He has that Nook Stop terminal in Resident Services and he also makes island-wide broadcasts everyday on his intercom system. I'm more interested in how this Nook Phone gets cell service in the middle of nowhere on a deserted island?  📶🤔

Edited by alienboyva

⚠️

This seems to happen with every big Switch game noways just before release, so it's pretty much a given at this point. I know there isn't much you can spoil about AC (especially when official guides release), but if you prefer not to know about things, like certain items, things you get after you've built-up your island, etc., as the tweet says, BE CAUTIOUS! If you post anything late-game related here that we don't already know about please use spoilers, until we've reached the point where most people have reached the late-game. *This mostly goes for big things. Though, as for smaller things, please use you're own judgment*

- Thanks! ;)

Edited by alienboyva