Video Games Finished in 2020

13 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

I do wonder what the first game to feature a completion percent above 100 percent was. 

I'd guess Donkey Kong Country. 

I'd wager that as well

Best use of "above 100% completion" was Symphony of the Night though. Wonder how many people got to like 90%, beat the boss and thought "well I finished that game"

Donut County - Nintendo Switch

The Witch's House - PC
One Way Heroics - PC
Daemon Detective Gaiden - PC
Cthulhu Mythos RPG -The Sleeping Girl of the Miasma Sea - PC
Sayonara Wild Hearts - Nintendo Switch
Azusa999 - PC
Helltaker - PC

Console - 8

Handheld - 1

PC - 29

Overall - 38

Beat: Gunbird, Switch

I've been meaning to play this one for awhile. You see, years ago, I played Mobile Light Force 2 on the PS2. Mobile Light Force 2 is an interesting piece of localization by XS Games: it's actually the first Shikigami no Shiro game, developed by Alfa System (the developer of another shooter I beat this year, Sisters Royale). I quite enjoyed the Shikigami no Shiro series, particularly Castle of Shikigami III on Wii. Shikigami no Shiro as Mobile Light Force 2 was a bit ass, but not because the gameplay was bad. XS butchered the localization, something they continued with the sequel (localized as Castle Shikigami 2), which had a terrible translation and bad voice acting that has to be heard to be believed. Aksys Games handled III, and it was far and away the best of the bunch. 

So what's that got to do with Gunbird? Nothing, expect that Gunbird was localized as Mobile Light Force by XS Games. Mobile Light Force and Mobile Light Force 2 have nothing else in common: Gunbird features different characters, was devleoped by a different developer (Psikyo) and has a proper sequel of its own (Gunbird 2) and spin-off (Gunbarich). But that's how I came to learn of the Gunbird games- through a completely different series by a publisher completely botching the localization. I don't just mean they tried to connect two unrelated games: both of these games have story bits and dialogue, and this was removed in those old XS localizations. That story and dialogue is maintained here. As is the anime art style: XS slapped a Charlie's Angel style box all those art years ago.

Localization has come a long way. 

Note that while I talk about that localization of Mobile Light Force, I never actually played it, making Gunbird a first-time beat for me. I've quite enjoyed what I played so far (which was, admittedly, just the Marion story, and there are four other characters to play through. I'l likely explore it further and move onto the sequel. 

Game #18 beaten with Resident Evil Revelations 2  for the Switch.  This is only my 3rd Resident Evil game I have ever beaten.  The first one was RE4 for GameCube way back when it launched exclusively for it.  Then Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS when it launched.  I could never get into 5 since it felt like a huge departure from RE5 with the partner system and then I just never really played any of them.  I am starting on Resident Evil 2 Remake right now for the PS4.  I am going to try to beat the entire series by the end of the year, so it will be taking up much of my time.  That being said, I really enjoyed RE Revelations 2 even more than the 1st one.  I downloaded all the remaining ones I didn’t have (4, 5, and 6) for Switch on the sale that is currently going on the eshop.  I will eventually get to doing those ones.

11 hours ago, Irondog666 said:

Game #18 beaten with Resident Evil Revelations 2  for the Switch.  This is only my 3rd Resident Evil game I have ever beaten.  The first one was RE4 for GameCube way back when it launched exclusively for it.  Then Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS when it launched.  I could never get into 5 since it felt like a huge departure from RE5 with the partner system and then I just never really played any of them.  I am starting on Resident Evil 2 Remake right now for the PS4.  I am going to try to beat the entire series by the end of the year, so it will be taking up much of my time.  That being said, I really enjoyed RE Revelations 2 even more than the 1st one.  I downloaded all the remaining ones I didn’t have (4, 5, and 6) for Switch on the sale that is currently going on the eshop.  I will eventually get to doing those ones.

that RE2 remake is amazing, I think you'll really like it

RE7 is also fantastic. Return of the classic RE style with some genuine scares in it.

Also:

Dead Cells - XB1

The level re-shuffle and starting over on death was an okay gimmick, but making you replay the entire game multiple times after beating the final boss just to unlock new areas was not.