Fortuna Office - N4A Chat Thread - January 2020

Chrom

16 minutes ago, Pichi said:

like the Gamecube, except the Gamecube had many good games even in the first year, and the Wii U had fuck all

I'd argue the GCN was very frontloaded in that we got pretty much all the good games in the first year and a half and then it dried up pretty quickly barring a few exceptions.  We got Melee, Sunshine, Metroid Prime and TWW in the first year and a half and then, well, uhhhhh metroid prime 2 and ttyd?????

3 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

I'd argue the GCN was very frontloaded in that we got pretty much all the good games in the first year and a half and then it dried up pretty quickly barring a few exceptions.  We got Melee, Sunshine, Metroid Prime and TWW in the first year and a half and then, well, uhhhhh metroid prime 2 and ttyd?????

Ikaruga, Wario World, Air Ride, the absolute fucking perfection that is F-Zero GX, Double Dash (in the top 3 of the series mechanics-wise at least. that game is mad hard at a high level), Pokemon Colosseum, Harvest Moon, Custom Robo, Four Swords, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin 2, Baten Kaitos, Jungle Beat (hella underrated), Crystal Chronicles. all of those are 2003 or later.
all of the misc Mario sports games. especially Strikers that game was the shit

that's just going off my old collection that i've sadly had to sell off by now.

it hurts thinking about all of it at once :v

I know I'm forgetting some. There's the weird shit like Chibi Robo and Battallion Wars. but I didn't play those lol
Eternal Darkness? I always heard that was good but never played it.
Same for the gamecube Star Fox game that wasn't about dinosaurs y;

and I didn't even get into the loads of good cross platform stuff that I had, like Viewtiful Joe, Beyond Good and Evil, Soulcalibur 2, Hit and Run, etc.
And the first year had all kinds of good shit like you mentioned.

Gamecube was a good ass console man. Blows my mind that ppl still sleep on it.

Edited by Pichi
7 hours ago, ace said:

Batman? BATMAN? THOSE ARE MOTHERFUCKING JOJO CHARACTERS 

God forbid they get those games out to a bigger audience so more people can enjoy them. As someone else who bought a WiiU good riddance. It’s just making it an easier decision to sell mine. 

EPa0H4GXkAAd83Y?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

I've heard the Wii version is better.

total opposite. flailing the wiimotes around just feels stupid, and they made some changes that weren't really congruent with the game to make up for it.
the bongos seem silly at first, but the learning curve is based around that, and it's just an absolute blast as you get the hang of it. making your way to the first boss and just beating the shit out of the bongos to do some Kenshiro shit when you get an opening is pure joy lol. and it's set up like an arcade game, where you have to chain crazy long combos of platformning moves across the stage for tons of points. if you ever come across the bongos (both those and the game are still cheap hopefully), i couldn't recommend it more.