Fortuna Office - N4A Chat Thread - January 2020

Chrom

8 hours ago, Isotope said:

shout out to burgle my bananas: a feature for such a shitty game that of course it ends with the console being shipped to antarctica

While no one could fill Ryan's shoes, Dan was such a great hire for GB that helped fill that void.  Who else can convince Jeff to play SMB 3 while on a roller coaster. Shepherding so much great content for the site, I thought for sure he'd be a lifer, so the jump to wrestling and out of games in general was shocking (though for anyone who knows Dan, going to work for the WWE is not shocking in the slightest).

Dan is basically the thing that made me gravitate to the site in the first place and the reason why I feel like GB East has put out such good content.  He's a showman who came up with a lot of ridiculous ideas to push the site's content while also being able to push people out of their comfort zones and troll them.  I feel like he's so necessary to what made the site great that I can just hope they can find somebody with his kind of energy.

I feel as though my GameCube collection is growing in value as time goes on because Nintendo rarely revisits the library. Can't find Mario Sunshine, Melee, Baten Kaitos, and F-Zero GX anywhere else. It's also home to the best versions of Tales of Symphonia and Twilight Princess.

I'm glad I've invested in the Homebrew technology that's come out over the past few years. Having an HDMI adapter, along with the SD2SP2 card is pretty cool. I'll be nabbing the GC loader PNP solution whenever it's available .

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I'll never understand fashion

83892305_1084390338591487_651231837959487488_n.png

Batman? BATMAN? THOSE ARE MOTHERFUCKING JOJO CHARACTERS 

4 hours ago, devilsKnife said:

I was one of the 2 people that owned a Wii U so I'm still salty about them rereleasing so many Wii U games on the Switch

mostly because I know they'll never go on sale ever

God forbid they get those games out to a bigger audience so more people can enjoy them. As someone else who bought a WiiU good riddance. It’s just making it an easier decision to sell mine. 

3 minutes ago, ace said:

God forbid they get those games out to a bigger audience so more people can enjoy them. As someone else who bought a WiiU good riddance. It’s just making it an easier decision to sell mine. 

It's mostly just Mario Kart where it was almost 100 dollars in my local currency with the DLC and then they just nuked the online playerbase for the Wii U by coming out with the new one

slightly salty

The WiiU reminds me of the GCN in the sense that it had a very small but generally very good library of first and second party games and if you enjoyed Nintendo games exclusively, it was a good console.  But even comparatively to the GCN its library ran a bit thin.

Also it gave me Paper Mario Color Splash, which is arguably the most conflicted and disappointed I've ever been in a videogame since Starcraft 2.

2 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

The WiiU reminds me of the GCN in the sense that it had a very small but generally very good library of first and second party games and if you enjoyed Nintendo games exclusively, it was a good console.  But even comparatively to the GCN its library ran a bit thin.

Also it gave me Paper Mario Color Splash, which is arguably the most conflicted and disappointed I've ever been in a videogame since Starcraft 2.

like the Gamecube, except the Gamecube had many good games even in the first year, and the Wii U had fuck all