Fortuna Office - N4A Chat Thread - January 2020

Chrom

2 hours ago, Ares said:

so anything I should know about persona idol before Friday?

*The game gives you enough Master Seals to promote everybody twice, plus however many you win from Masked Anna's lottery. Therefore, the first time you promote each character, give them the opposite class of the one you want for the endgame and master all of the skills for each class-exclusive Carnage. Actually, "class-exclusive" is sort of a misnomer, as you only need to be a certain class to craft each Carnage; not wield it.

*Be sure to periodically check the maps of areas that you aren't currently in, as there are a lot of sidequests with really obscure trigger conditions. The most jerkish one off the top of my head is one that unlocks immediately before the final boss.

*The only thing permanently missable is a duo art between Itsuki and Tsubasa that unlocks close to the endgame. To avoid missing it, you must be nice to Tsubasa whenever there's a dialogue option.

*Don't do Mamori's sidequest until you've had the chance to master a few of her Carnages. The boss of that quest is a major pain in the ass if you go in unprepared.

Other than that, enjoy my cameo in the game (you'll know it when you see it ;) )!

8 hours ago, Ares said:

so anything I should know about persona idol before Friday?

- Difficulty doesn't affect game content in any way except for how tough battles are, so feel free to change it as you please.

- 100% completion involves repeated playthroughs, NG+ content, and obtuse tasks you will never think to do without a guide. So don't invest too much on the first run.

- Savage enemies (the purple Mirage sirens) can easily cause you to lose a lot of unsaved progress if you're unprepared, so be mindful of that.

I'm not sure how it works but I noticed on Wii U it doesn't consistently give you the tip about healing HP and EP, which tells you that you're supposed to use vending machines (like the one at the Fortuna Office) to heal yourself, which led me to do this dumb thing for a while where I would walk all the way back to the prologue dungeon to recover my EP because I wanted to reserve my items exclusively for use during battle, because over there is a spot you can just walk into to heal. I was flabbergasted to discover I could've just used the vending machines everywhere to save myself all that time.

Don't make this mistake I made, and use those vending machines if you want to heal conveniently. theydonothing;