Official Post Your Amiibo Collection Thread

Okay, my BotW collection is almost complete. All I'm missing the Bokolin and my BotW set is complete. I already PO the champions, so yeah just the Bokolin.

So here's the amiibo I was missing on Wednesday.

Spoiler

w6sNmyL.jpg

@purple_beardWait the Super Mario Odyssey amiibo comes in a pack and single. You and Nintendo have gone over board and you're not helping them by buying each set, unless one set is for someone else or you selling the other one.

Also, when I first saw the amiibo for Super Mario Odyssey, tho my pull for Zelda is stronger I have bought Mario themed amiibo that appeal to me but for some reason, these don't and even if I had the game, the system and they provide cool hints, that is not enough for me to overlook how they just don't appeal to me. This is a little different the Olimar amiibo I bought, I didn't like its design, I play for shit with him. So in accordance how I buy amiibo, those would be the reason I don't buy certain amiibo but I bought Olimar to unlock the Mii racing suit in MK8, which again despite the design of the amiibo it racing suit looks good in MK8.

So tl;dr, no buy for Super Mario Odyssey amiibo just don't appeal to me in general.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beardWait the Super Mario Odyssey amiibo comes in a pack and single. You and Nintendo have gone over board and you're not helping them by buying each set, unless one set is for someone else or you selling the other one.

A few things.

I PO'd the individuals.

3 pack wasn't a thing that day AND I thought the 3 pack was like a bundle.. not a single blister pack with all of them in it.

When I was in BBY this morning(Midnight Release) they had a 3 pack, so with NO EFFORT I got a set to open and a set to keep sealed.  I wasn't going to open any of them but when I saw you got the Pimp Bowser outfit that idea went out the window LOL.

6 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

A few things.

I PO'd the individuals.

3 pack wasn't a thing that day AND I thought the 3 pack was like a bundle.. not a single blister pack with all of them in it.

When I was in BBY this morning(Midnight Release) they had a 3 pack, so with NO EFFORT I got a set to open and a set to keep sealed.  I wasn't going to open any of them but when I saw you got the Pimp Bowser outfit that idea went out the window LOL.

Oh, I had no idea they made two kind of SKU's but I shouldn't be surprised, really. But like I said you're not helping Nintendo, by either giving one set or selling, or none of the above. Your addiction to get these amiibo remind me why you bought all the Yoshi Yarn amiibo.

• 2 weeks later...

You know I'm not too sure if I lived in the states I would have champion amiibo today but according shipping and when I PO'd them not all will come at the same time between the dates of November 13-15. Like Mipha may come in 13-15 and the other are coming together between those dates as well. Like I sort understand the date discrepancy because shipping to another country but why is this coming in one go? That just makes this more confusing the dates. I hope they all come the same day.

I picked up mine at BBY around 11:15am and they didn't have any of them on the shelves for regular purchasing--didn't have time to ask how many they got, I was on  a tight lunch window.

Daruk is the SHIZ.

I love me some Rivali.

Urbosa is pretty sweet too.

I'd say Mipha is my least favorite but that is just based on the strength of design in the others, as just an amiibo in general she is designed pretty well.

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I picked up mine at BBY around 11:15am and they didn't have any of them on the shelves for regular purchasing--didn't have time to ask how many they got, I was on  a tight lunch window.

Daruk is the SHIZ.

I love me some Urbosa.

Revali is pretty sweet too.

I'd say Mipha is my least favorite but that is just based on the strength of design in the others, as just an amiibo in general she is designed pretty well.

There fixed.

The Guardians of the Galaxy

DSC03610.jpg

The BotW Collection

DSC03612.jpg

And a better looking shot of my SMO collection with the Cappy Coin!

DSC03611.jpg

I did a PO of the singles but when I went to BBY they had the 3 pack so I double dipped--keeping 3 pack sealed.  I do plan on opening the singles but I somehow can't find my box cutter to open them.  Shamelessly I scanned my brothers set into my game as he opened his (LOL).

I should have had my new Zelda amiibo on Friday but unfortunately I was told I couldn't have them yet because GS received such a huge shipment of stuff for upcoming holidays they haven't opened all the boxes yet in order for me to have them so I was told they will call me. Its now Sunday and still no Zelda amiibo on hand and I pre ordered this at the store. Heck people who have bought them on Amazon have since already received them if they have Prime. I can't believe this bad luck that struck me and I'm rather mad about it. I did get DooM Switch at Best Buy and Sonic Forces Switch arrived to my local Amazon locker near the university I work at. I'm definitely never pre ordering amiibo (unless its exclusive) at GameStop again.

1 hour ago, Juanblue85 said:

I should have had my new Zelda amiibo on Friday but unfortunately I was told I couldn't have them yet because GS received such a huge shipment of stuff for upcoming holidays they haven't opened all the boxes yet in order for me to have them so I was told they will call me. Its now Sunday and still no Zelda amiibo on hand and I pre ordered this at the store. Heck people who have bought them on Amazon have since already received them if they have Prime. I can't believe this bad luck that struck me and I'm rather mad about it. I did get DooM Switch at Best Buy and Sonic Forces Switch arrived to my local Amazon locker near the university I work at. I'm definitely never pre ordering amiibo (unless its exclusive) at GameStop again.

They hadn't opened their boxes?  I've heard of some lame excuses...but that might be #1.  That almost sounds Wal Mart level there.

12 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

They hadn't opened their boxes?  I've heard of some lame excuses...but that might be #1.  That almost sounds Wal Mart level there.

a friend of mine wanted for me to raise hell in order for me to get them but I rather avoid that. I'll admit I was taken aback when I was told I needed to wait. Its the first time such a thing happened and I know I'll be leaving some negative feedback for this if I ever get them. Its a bunch of bull if you ask me. I understand if I had to wait if it was online, but for in store?

10 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

a friend of mine wanted for me to raise hell in order for me to get them but I rather avoid that. I'll admit I was taken aback when I was told I needed to wait. Its the first time such a thing happened and I know I'll be leaving some negative feedback for this if I ever get them. Its a bunch of bull if you ask me. I understand if I had to wait if it was online, but for in store?

Only conceivable way I'd even let this slide is if their UPS truck dropped off late and thus they were too busy to do their checking in of their product.  GS usually gets theirs UPS and their box(es) might not have come a day early or even between the first hour of the store opening but still....

@purple_beardYou got the bokoblin amiibo when they first went on sale, right?

I have pretty much all the BotW amiibo to except that one. (The champions still need to arrive but I basically have all) The recent restock of those amiibo, didn't include the bokoblin? Or were there really limited restock of those. Like any store I go to I see all the BotW amiibo expect that one. The order of rare BotW restock goes like this in any store from common to rare: Zelda, Rider Link, Archer Link, and then the Guardians. (I'd see like 3 at most for the Guardians anywhere) No bokoblins anywhere.

41 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beardYou got the bokoblin amiibo when they first went on sale, right?

I have pretty much all the BotW amiibo to except that one. (The champions still need to arrive but I basically have all) The recent restock of those amiibo, didn't include the bokoblin? Or were there really limited restock of those. Like any store I go to I see all the BotW amiibo expect that one. The order of rare BotW restock goes like this in any store from common to rare: Zelda, Rider Link, Archer Link, and then the Guardians. (I'd see like 3 at most for the Guardians anywhere) No bokoblins anywhere.

Yeah, I had a sneaky feeling he'd be a rare one.  I only saw him in limited restock in restock wave 2 or 3.  The current restock wave is like everyone but him.

Just now, purple_beard said:

Yeah, I had a sneaky feeling he'd be a rare one.  I only saw him in limited restock in restock wave 2 or 3.  The current restock wave is like everyone but him.

Fuck. Why?!? If this was any collection to semi complete like Smash, (cause I never had intentions of completing) the BotW ones are the exception and it needs to be complete. That amiibo may be like the holy trinity like Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. Rare in the begin, modest restocks and then sometime much later you can find them. I sort of understood why those amiibo never saw big releases but why is the bokoblin the exception? I get it from meaningless enemy standpoint but as collection and why he was made why understock just because it wasn't bought a lot, like the fuck man?!?

I may have to buy that amiibo for like $50 like I eventually did for Marth online. I have been looking online for bokoblin just incase but I wanted to make sure I won't jump the gun if he was available in stores. I'll give it a couple week and make a decision.