Official Post Your Amiibo Collection Thread

25 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Got my copy so I'm going to be a tad busy scanning all of my current amiibo in the game.

Of the "NEW" ones from the WiiU set.... Wolf Link, Mii Fighters, Kix, Tom Nook, Ryu, Lucas, and Roy all look really good.  Might do some Miiverse posts with them!

Pokemon still do nothing--well the Amiibo Yoshi if you count that, 8Bit Marios do normal Mario, Gold and Silver Marios do nothing.

* My brother has a LOT more AC amiibos than I do so...

* I still haven't gotten around to opening my Mario Wave 2 amiibos so I don't have any commentary yet on their designs and if Rosalina and Wario offer different designs.

Edited by purple_beard
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Finally picked up the Back to the Future Level pack - with that addition,Dimensions Year 1 is finally complete....

Now just the remainder of Year 2 remains

(To note, i meant to post it in this thread, not the other one)

How do the lego themed stuff look in the game/ work in those games....  I really love the details they are doing to those theme sets and I think they have the ideas right....  my question I guess is...  how well are they executed in the games you use them in?

• 1 month later...

Took advantage of TRU's 3/$20 sale and added Nes, Lucas, ZSS, Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, KD3/Kirby, Waddledee, Sonic, Villager, Kirby/Kirby, and Metaknight / Kirby to the collection.  Only miffed that the checkout girl kind of bent my Palutena though... not bad...just... yeah...  Once Villager, MK, and Kirby arrive via shipping I'll put up a pic as the Kirby ones would be completely new to what I have.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I'm really torn on the FE amiibos....

Don't have the game, won't buy the game....

Like their style...

I have all the other FE characters in Smash sans Female Corrin.

This is what made my decision to get these since they looks nice together with the Smash FE characters and I can't wait for Corrin (M/F) to join the group. I ended up buying the game as I still have seller's regret from selling my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition.

• 5 weeks later...

Got my SS Link super early but then tragedy ensues.

G3rhqE1l.jpg

You see the front may look all right but how about I show you in an angle.

Spoiler

fys2untl.jpg

xhwGIVGl.jpg

TGqVFtKl.jpg

I'm not the only one affected. They put the amiibo in a bubble mailer. Some people had their cardboard backing damaged, then there is me and others with the plastic ruined. Looks like I'll be using this as my OoB set and my import SS Link will be part of NiB set.

19 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Got my SS Link super early but then tragedy ensues.

G3rhqE1l.jpg

You see the front may look all right but how about I show you in an angle.

Hide contents

fys2untl.jpg

xhwGIVGl.jpg

TGqVFtKl.jpg

I'm not the only one affected. They put the amiibo in a bubble mailer. Some people had their cardboard backing damaged, then there is me and others with the plastic ruined. Looks like I'll be using this as my OoB set and my import SS Link will be part of NiB set.

DAMN..... that is f*D up....   Was that your Amazon or other?  I mean.... who the hell puts that kind of package in a bubble mailer?  I'd be raging about damaged goods....

That said, that MM Link I got loks good from the front and sides but on the back you could tell it was the top one in the box as the one underneath it pushed the left side of the box.

23 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

DAMN..... that is f*D up....   Was that your Amazon or other?  I mean.... who the hell puts that kind of package in a bubble mailer?  I'd be raging about damaged goods....

That said, that MM Link I got loks good from the front and sides but on the back you could tell it was the top one in the box as the one underneath it pushed the left side of the box.

This is the Amazon US order. My Amazon JP to Tenso order is about to ship out Monday Japan time.

A teaser for a future post:

I needed to build a shelving unit to better have the large collection I have and get them off my entertainment center area--it was the defacto place to house them for ease of access and to show...  but as my collection has grown to what it is now, that space is way to limiting for putting others out and even showing my boxed ones.

Current display situation:

Spoiler

DSC03128.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

So I am building a two shelf / 3 level "mini" book case to kind of work over my head board of my bed so a) its out of the way, b ) gives me shelf space to better organize and put out opened ones, abd c) just enough space to possibly put out a lot of "STAY IN THE BOX" ones I'd rather not have cooped up in cardboard boxes in the attic.

I probably won't have it painted today ( most likely a "furniture brown" color) but I will have it constructed.  The whole ordeal of building this damn thing a pain in the arse with shelves pre-cut at the store being just enough off to have to take my skill saw at home and even them up.  Then having to take the leveler and make sure I got 90 degree angles angles in the corners and even heights amongst the shelves.  But the biggest pain in the arse has been that the "lesser" L brackets I bought couldn't hold the weight of the shelves well enough to where I had to get more deluxe ones to work with the wood I bought.  Also I had to preinstall my stabilzer at the bottom to keep the structure in somewhat movable condition wile I was setting up the shelves.  Many a profane word has been said while doing this but it should work out fine.  I think the real answer is I think I need real wood working tools instead of doing ghetto LOL.