Official Post Your Amiibo Collection Thread

7lPSymd.jpg

The last Smash amiibo. (Don't mind the tear at the top, that was self-inflicted when I impatiently open pack with a metal hanger, it digged right in the merchandise. Also, I open all my amiibo the box doesn't really matter. Tho I store the boxes in garage bag for safe keeping and possible future storage)

I don't have all the Smash amiibo all the way back from Smash Wii U/3DS but I have a decent amount that like and actually play as characters in the Smash game (my criteria for buying Smash amiibo)

So this so no sentimental thoughts that this is the end of the line with Smash amiibo. If there's amiibo, I like, I'm gonna get it and that's all there is too it. Smash will always forever go on in my heart. (Kingdom Heart reference) amiibo or not with Smash, amiibo will never die for me!

EDIT: I am missing 5 Smash amiibo: MK, Ike, Pit, Pitoo and Rosalina. 2 and  half of those characters I don't like playing as or not my playing style so that is why I don't have them. Thos 2 and half are MK, Ike and sometimes Rosalina. So I feel no way I have don't have them so close to complete Smash roster. Maybe year down the road I will get them but no urge at all to those. Tho as the years past now and into the future, those amiibo will cost even more at time goes by. Oh well...

Edited by DLurkster
18 hours ago, DLurkster said:

7lPSymd.jpg

The last Smash amiibo. (Don't mind the tear at the top, that was self-inflicted when I impatiently open pack with a metal hanger, it digged right in the merchandise. Also, I open all my amiibo the box doesn't really matter. Tho I store the boxes in garage bag for safe keeping and possible future storage)

I don't have all the Smash amiibo all the way back from Smash Wii U/3DS but I have a decent amount that like and actually play as characters in the Smash game (my criteria for buying Smash amiibo)

So this so no sentimental thoughts that this is the end of the line with Smash amiibo. If there's amiibo, I like, I'm gonna get it and that's all there is too it. Smash will always forever go on in my heart. (Kingdom Heart reference) amiibo or not with Smash, amiibo will never die for me!

EDIT: I am missing 5 Smash amiibo: MK, Ike, Pit, Pitoo and Rosalina. 2 and  half of those characters I don't like playing as or not my playing style so that is why I don't have them. Thos 2 and half are MK, Ike and sometimes Rosalina. So I feel no way I have don't have them so close to complete Smash roster. Maybe year down the road I will get them but no urge at all to those. Tho as the years past now and into the future, those amiibo will cost even more at time goes by. Oh well...

DL, if you are at least half interested, I'd follow AmiiboNews and go for any restocks that come.  I'm not sure if Amiibo in general make it to the Switch successor.  Then the prices head back up again due to rarity.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

DL, if you are at least half interested, I'd follow AmiiboNews and go for any restocks that come.  I'm not sure if Amiibo in general make it to the Switch successor.  Then the prices head back up again due to rarity.

Nah, I'm good. Not even half interested more like less than a 1/4 interested of getting the last 5 Smash amiibo characters. If you look at it since all the DLC for Ultimate were released, I've been even before slightly then missing those 5 Smash amiibo. They are all base Wii U and 3DS character, not DLC, practically the first 3 waves of Smash Wii U and 3DS amiibo. So if it has been that long and I have went back to get some other I missed and not those. I had no interest then nor now. Sometime in the distant future, (tho it will be pricey) I will get  those last 5 Smash amiibo, one day.

Also, I wouldn't be amiibo hunter or still get every release of amiibo without fail without a better notification system than Twitter (at least to me, Twitter notification come to me late no matter who I follow... well at least the one for stock drop or inquires for certain merch) I'm sure I mention this in other places on this forum. I follow this Canadian Amazon Affiliate on his Discord server for all things video games. (that includes amiibo) Even if I am not on my computer, the notification shows up on my phone where I also have Discord so I get those on the spot no matter where I am to see what I could score ignore or mute certain video game notifications I am not interested, etc. It ha worked tremendously for me and I never missed amiibo drop of any kind since spring of 2021. I have missed some other video game merch thru him. (tho that was because of bots and limited supply so like 80-90% of the time, I get what I sought for) 

So I am good, good on those amiibo and inquiries drop notifications.