Nintendo IndieWorld Showcase Livestream tomorrow - 20 mins

In retrospect I suppose it was inevitable that we'd see an Axiom Verge 2 at some point after the success of the first game, but it's still pretty exciting to see some gameplay footage right alongside its announcement!

Overall kind of felt like a low-key showcase, but there were some titles that interested me. I'm digging the art style of Gleamlight, though the animation doesn't have me convinced. SuperMash looks like a fun idea, and even if there are only a few genres there should be tons of possible combinations. Sports Story looks cute, and I might like a game that incorporates multiple sports more than Golf Story. And I'm definitely intrigued by Liberated, though I'm pretty sure they've shown the game before and yet still don't have a release date!

Skatebirds looked cute, but I don't see myself getting it

SuperMash looks like a neat WarioWar-esque game. I think the mashups would need a little substance to keep my attention

A couple others had neat visuals or ideas but nothing overly piqued my interest for a purchase

• Chrom featured this topic

Yeah, Supermash is a day 1 for me.

Also loved the Golf Story so I'm gonna love the follow-up Sports Story.

Finally, I have had mixed thoughts on Dauntless because it seems like a Monster Hunter meets Overwatch. Sort of wanted to get in to Monster Hunter but feel to intimidated by it, as for Overwatch I like the visuals but I don;t play those sort of games.

So the more I see of Dauntless the more I am warming up to it on Switch. I took the plunge and DL the game. My hope is that it translate me to playing a Monster Hunter game.

I saw some interesting things....

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/the_talos_principle_brings_narrative_first-person_puzzling_to_switch_today

This one intrigued me a lot but @ $30 I'd need a physical release or a sale to get motivated for it.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/supermash_smashes_together_different_genres_for_a_new_experience_every_time

This intrigued me too, but I wonder how deep the experiences are with the way it looks like its set up.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/sports_story_is_a_sequel_to_golf_story_and_its_coming_exclusively_to_switch

Honestly, the expanded nature of this particular game has me more interested than the golf only first one.

I can't wait for that Streets of Rage 4 though.... too bad its so far out...

Edited by purple_beard