Circhester Stadium - N4A Chat Thread - December 2019

April

1 minute ago, fuzz said:

@ace I'm thinking about finally getting around to playing Danganronpa, is there any particular platform that's best to play the particular titles on?

They’re all good on anything. They’re super low intensity games so even if you’re on a potato of a PC that’s probably the best place to go. 

2 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

I don't really care about the awards part of The Game Awards, but I do like seeing what gets announced.

Same really. I'll have the Awards on while I play Switch in handheld, looking up whenever there's an announcement.

43 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

The winner will be whichever game whose publisher paid the most money to the judges.

I've seen "The Game Advertisements" thrown around as a joke before, but in all seriousness, people have raised concerns about Death Stranding's numerous nominations this year. The Keighley/Kojima friendship is no secret, and Keighley has a cameo in Death Stranding. 

Also, how much would Nintendo need to pay to win the Family Game award, given it is the only publisher nominated? 

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Game journalism is a joke.

The winner will be whichever game whose publisher paid the most money to the judges.

I feel like it's more "which winner will satisfy the people who actually bother to watch this" than anything
why would companies pay to win something so inconsequential lol

Edited by Pichi
1 hour ago, Pichi said:

I feel like it's more "which winner will satisfy the people who actually bother to watch this" than anything
why would companies pay to win something so inconsequential lol

It is probably true that it’s inconsequential, but maybe the fact that big companies seem to enjoy the attention on their products (and reveal stuff there) shows that it may be picking up speed a bit?

I mean I am certainly no expert but from where I am sitting the attention it gets must be warranted to some degree... why would companies waste their time at all let alone money unless some analysts somewhere pulled some numbers and decided this is good for business?