Circhester Stadium - N4A Chat Thread - December 2019

April

For the past week my computer has been acting stupid. It's a Macbook Pro running Windows 10 through Bootcamp.

It keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet and giving me an error that says "the default gateway is not available". I'm usually able to get it back online again by disconnecting and reconnecting from the wi-fi network a few times or restarting my computer, but how do I prevent it from disconnecting in the first place? I know it's not an issue with the wi-fi router itself because all of my iPad and Switch are able to access the internet just fine.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

For the past week my computer has been acting stupid. It's a Macbook Pro running Windows 10 through Bootcamp.

It keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet and giving me an error that says "the default gateway is not available". I'm usually able to get it back online again by disconnecting and reconnecting from the wi-fi network a few times or restarting my computer, but how do I prevent it from disconnecting in the first place? I know it's not an issue with the wi-fi router itself because all of my iPad and Switch are able to access the internet just fine.

might be a driver error. Apple's windows drivers can get a bit weird. I use bootcamp on my macbook though and havent experienced anything like that specifically, though. Worst I've had is windows "forgetting" my default wifi and forcing me to set it up again, or forcing me to start with my ethernet plugged in at boot to actually use ethernet, which is obnoxious.

12 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

>implying Xenoblade is family-friendly 

Well, I suppose it depends to some degree on what kind of games one usually consumes, but I agree that it’s not exactly what I would call “family-friendly”. I would lump Pokémon and Mario into that category.

But I guess that’s kind of the point of what Adam is saying above, right?

Just now, DranSeasona said:

That’s funny, didn’t know you could even do that. I thought Sealand wasn’t even a thing anymore. How much does that cost, roughly?

It was like $100 USD or something. I paid with some dusty ol' crypto I had left.

12 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

That’s neat. What a fun idea. :) I am correct that this is that oil rig, right?

More or less, yes. 

I had bought her a square foot of land in Ireland so she could claim land in her ancestral country, and she loved it. Was looking for something similar and came across this. Figured getting my wife official Lady-ship status might be slightly romantic.

Edited by EH_STEVE

looking up the source of that was like the first time i found Rat Boy Genius
never will anything make me experience such sheer, horrid uncanny valley discomfort as that series
actually i'm pretty sure it made me immune to the effect altogether from that point forward

It's not Potato Knishes, but this is the one I happened to see way way back