Circhester Stadium - N4A Chat Thread - December 2019

April

yoooooooooo i finally got a call about my back i'm finna be able to move normally again
i've had a herniated disc since summer 2018 that had me bent up and barely able to move for like a year
it eased off my sciatic nerve i guess because since spring/summer i've mostly had normal range of movement
but still wasn't able to walk normally because my foot gets increasingly numb. and certain positions still cause a lot of pain
i been trying to get surgery through local charity care here since May. got an MRI in July but i've been waiting since then.
but they finally called and i got an appointment next week

23 minutes ago, Pichi said:

yoooooooooo i finally got a call about my back i'm finna be able to move normally again
i've had a herniated disc since summer 2018 that had me bent up and barely able to move for like a year
it eased off my sciatic nerve i guess because since spring/summer i've mostly had normal range of movement
but still wasn't able to walk normally because my foot gets increasingly numb. and certain positions still cause a lot of pain
i been trying to get surgery through local charity care here since May. got an MRI in July but i've been waiting since then.

wahhh that's great!!! a christmas miracle!! i really hope they get it sorted out and its all good news from here flower; 

5 hours ago, winterberry said:

reached peak adulthood today when me n my love bought a brand new frying pan and its all we can talk about

our old one looks like it was hit by a bomb bc our roommate doesnt know how to fuckin cook

New cookware is the true joy of adulthood that no one tells you about.

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

Ouch, I've dealt with a pinched nerve before and it was one of the worst things I've ever felt, can't imagine how bad it must feel to have that for so long. Hope your appointment works out!

6 hours ago, winterberry said:

reached peak adulthood today when me n my love bought a brand new frying pan and its all we can talk about

our old one looks like it was hit by a bomb bc our roommate doesnt know how to fuckin cook

what's the first thing y'all cooked on it??

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and you're back on your feet in no time!! That's so exciting!

9 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Never got into cooking.

Just felt pointless to me put so much effort into making something that will be gone in about half an hour.

i dislike cooking, like, greatly y; its probably my least favorite 'chore', i'd sooner clean literally anything in the house than attempt to make a meal

12 minutes ago, fuzz said:

what's the first thing y'all cooked on it??

we made bacon! we'd made bacon yesterday and it stuck to the pan n pulled the strips all apart lmfao so today's pre-lunch bacon was truly a treat flower; 

I can believe y’all are dissing cooking like this. There’s nothing better than making something delicious, especially when you’re serving it to someone else. I even work as a cook and still like cooking at home. 

3 hours ago, ace said:

I can believe y’all are dissing cooking like this. There’s nothing better than making something delicious, especially when you’re serving it to someone else. I even work as a cook and still like cooking at home. 

im not dissing cooking, my whole family cooks REALY well; its a great art that i truly respect and admire and i also just hate doing it and i know i'm not good at it, thus making even preparing food for others not even really fun y; i have many, many other skills that i love honing and using for the benefit of other people...cooking doesn't need to be one of them lol. i can feed myself, and imo, that's all anyone really needs to be able to do

at most, i could say i enjoy baking, if that counts for anything flower; 

Cooking is pretty rad. My problem is that I didn't really have to cook until I started living on my own, and by then I was trying to figure out how to cook for one person. Which is a lot more challenging than you may think. My university years primarily consisted of rice and eggs.

My girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment later this month, and I'm excited for life to be a little more engaging. I'll be doing cooking more often, and I really want to start working out on a regular basis. Next year I also plan on taking up reading (I have a list of books I want to read), and I'm looking forward to having always sharing something with someone. It's a big lifestyle change for me, but, like, living with my parents sucks.

I just need to pass my CCNA certification exam and remember to buy Christmas gifts, and everything will be great.

I personally need to cook more just because you can only get so much variety when you're broke without cooking. I can't be eatin out or buying some frozen dinner shit often.
I never enjoyed it either, which I imagine is mostly because I'm not terribly food-motivated like most people are. So even though I haven't lived with family since I was 19 (minus a couple between-places periods before they moved), I've only really learned to cook a few specific things.
Anything with the slow-cooker is beyond low-effort, barely any more involved than microwaving something, so I was planning on using that more.

8 hours ago, winterberry said:

we made bacon! we'd made bacon yesterday and it stuck to the pan n pulled the strips all apart lmfao so today's pre-lunch bacon was truly a treat flower; 

i cooked bacon in a pan one time and it made such a mess and took so long to cook the amount i wanted that i'm never going back to it again
in the oven with a parchment sheet or w/e so you can just instantly get rid of most of the grease and cook way more at once is soooooo much easier

Baking bacon is the way to go. Hit a cooling rack with some non stick spray and bake it on that. It’ll get nice and crisp and it won’t be swimming in the grease either. 

in other news we lost power last night and have no idea when it’ll be back on. If my fish isn’t dead by the time I get home tonight I’ll float some of those hand warmers in the tank to keep him from freezing to death. 

7 hours ago, Pichi said:

i cooked bacon in a pan one time and it made such a mess and took so long to cook the amount i wanted that i'm never going back to it again
in the oven with a parchment sheet or w/e so you can just instantly get rid of most of the grease and cook way more at once is soooooo much easier

ohh ive heard of people doing that but never actually tried it before; i usually use the grease to cook eggs in afterwards so i dont mind using the pan, but oven cooking sounds p easy

we currently have 1 cookie sheet and its somehow, too big for the oven we have here y; im not even sure how they couls have possibly purchased a wrongly sized sheet but it makes oven cooking a huge pain lmfao

3 hours ago, winterberry said:

ohh ive heard of people doing that but never actually tried it before; i usually use the grease to cook eggs in afterwards so i dont mind using the pan, but oven cooking sounds p easy

we currently have 1 cookie sheet and its somehow, too big for the oven we have here y; im not even sure how they couls have possibly purchased a wrongly sized sheet but it makes oven cooking a huge pain lmfao

dang. you still get the grease from the oven, though maybe not as much idk. it's real real easy tho