[RUMOR] Nintendo working on Metroid Prime Trilogy HD + Super Metroid Remake

We all know MPT for Switch is a thing...It's just a matter of when Nintendo is actually going to reveal it. As for Super Metrioid, I'd love to see them do something similar to what they did with Metroid II and Samus Returns on the 3DS. I'm surprised that game wasn't a Super Metroid remaking. I guess they were saving that for the Switch...? 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to [RUMOR] Nintendo working Metriod Prime Trilogy HD + Super Metroid Remake

I'm remaining skeptical.

The Prime Trilogy would need to be completely re-done to work right in undocked mode (especially Corruption, which was built entirely around the motion controls).

And while Super Metroid could use a few small tweaks to streamline the controls a little bit (i.e. why the fuck do Power Bombs need to be manually selected like Missiles?), they'd probably end up removing some of the glitches that make the game so much fun to speedrun.

I've seen this taking taken the rounds around the net and didn't pay it any mind because we know it is a matter of time. I just didn't pay attention to the Super Metroid Remake.Tho, i have had plenty of opportunities to play Super Metroid, I have not had the honor to do so yet.

Still really excited to play the trilogy.

• alienboyva changed the title to [RUMOR] Nintendo working on Metroid Prime Trilogy HD + Super Metroid Remake

I'm not buying any Metroid rumors. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD has been a rumor since a few months after Prime 4's initial reveal back in 2017. I'm not excited for that until it is actually shown. I would like to at some point soon be able to use the media features of the Switch to capture a Metroid Prime experience, whatever that might be. 

Super Metroid isn't Metroid and Metroid II, so I'm hoping Nintendo is treating a remake more like the recent Link's Awakening and not the series' own Metroid: Samus Returns. Do a few QOL tweaks and give Zebes a face lift with more modern graphics. That's about it. There's not much that'll make a remake of Super Metroid noticeably better in my opinion, but there's a lot they can do to make a remake noticeably worse. Super Metroid is an easy argument for one of the top 2 entries in the franchise, so I think it's more of a risk to remake that game as opposed to a Metroid Fusion (which MSR was setting up). 

If there's anything really positive I can see Nintendo doing with a Super Metroid remake, it's expanding the lore of Zebes and furthering the lore of the Chozo and Space Pirates. I thought the lore was one area that Metroid: Samus Returns did well. 

Anyways, not much excitement right now until footage is actually shown. Parts of the fanbase seem very desperate for anything new from Metroid to the point where it just comes across that news is being created so that there is something new to discuss while waiting for Prime 4. I think I'm more irritated to be honest. 

Edited by IU

The whole Metriod Prime Trilogy HD before MP4 seems so obvious that unless there is some real info on it REALLY coming then that kind of news just comes across as a no brainer to do.

I honestly find the possibility of them going old school with a 2D Metroid more intriguing.  A remake of Super....  Or updating for a collection of old 2d games in the series... or a brand new adventure.  If brand new, I wonder if it would lead into MP4, or just be its own thing.

4 minutes ago, Samus2008 said:

Setting aside whether I think these rumors are true or not, I personally wouldn't want a remake of Super Metroid. It's a perfect game as it is, there's nothing they could really add that would benefit it much. Now the Metroid Prime Trilogy games, I would love to see re-made/re-released for Switch :)

Super Metroid is on Nintendo's online thing, and I've replayed it.

Metroid Prime Trilogy has its consoles all packed up and would require a greater effort for me to replay. So unless they Switch-port them, I'm likely never playing them again.