Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee: 11.28M

Splatoon2: 9.28M

Super Mario Party: 7.59M

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: 4.59M

Super Mario Maker 2: 3.93M

TLoZ Link's Awakening: 3.13M

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Emblem: Three Houses: 2.29M

Nintendo is having a pretty darn good run with the Switch. In all likelihood it could potentiall break 50M throughout the holiday season. Software is also killing it with quite a few titles with counterparts that launched on Wii U having sold quite a bit more this time around.  Link's Awakening did really well considering when it was released to have already amassed over 3 million units sold.  Fire Emblem Three Houses did very well too.  It wasn't part of the original Top Ten list simply because it fell just outside of it, but it was revealed to have sold over 2 million in the actual results briefing.

The Q&A portion of the event hasn't been officially uploaded just yet so I'll link to it later, but snippets from live tweeting are floating around out there.

Thanks for this, Kezay.

I've been just watching the gamexplain vids on this but I think everyone is saying that the Switch will break the 50 million this holiday they may not have a lot 3rd party AAA's but with the Nintendo Switch lite, their evergreen titles, Pokemon and a bit more. They will break 50 million. Even with or without naysayers buying Pokemon Sw/Sh, those games alone may do all the 10 million Switches or most.

To think that the Switch has been out for less than 3 years and is on the cusp of surpassing XO overall install base. I think it was last recorded that they are north of 40 million, xbox does not report the install base anymore and for good reason, there's no point.

It just goes to show that PS4 and XO may have had strongest sales the first 24hrs out as and the momentum carried on more so for the PS4 than XO but if the momentum like the Switch is not building it means nothing how you start out the gate, you gotta keep the momentum up always.

Congrats Nintendo.

• Chrom featured this topic

It's kinda nuts to think that at one point they thought about cutting off Fire Emblem for good until Awakening.  To think how fitting that name was for the franchise as a whole and it has only continued to build its popularity to new heights from there.  Still hoping for a return to Advance Wars at some point, but that's a discussion for a different day. :P

But I'm curious to see where Switch ends up after this holiday season.

MK8DLX at close to 50% install rate.... let that sink in for a minute.

Yes, the package of content no doubt earns that kind of attach rate.

The thing is to me though, with these kinds of sales numbers for it and MKT out now on Mobile.... when do we get the NEXT MK game?  Its been a WHILE since its original release on WiiU, and for that matter, the DLC packs.  The only real upgrades on DLX were the real battle arenas which kind of came off as a DLC pack #3 for MK8.